Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3-month-membership-digital/6359375.p?skuId=6359375

Best Buy has 3 month Ultimate codes for about half off. The first two I entered actually gave me 4 months each, since MS gave me a free month for auto renew on each one.

They only let you buy one at a time, though you can get a digital code and a physical card at the same time.

6 hours ago, silentbob said:

Since I did that $1 promo and had applied to my live account about 8-9 months ago. Anyone know if it will still stack if I added another year or 2 worth of membership

It stacks but I think I heard you can only have 2 years max at a time. Not sure that's true though. Let us know!

Blown away by the value this service has given me at least!!

In my opinion I do not see how this works for Microsoft, I mean yea 15$ (gamepass ultimate here) a month for 12 months isnt nothing, but everytime I go look at the new games there is a new game I would normally just have bought. Having a gaming pc too ultimate rocks too!

Now this hasn't been normal times for me in over 2 1/2 years. Not just Covid19 have you, but the loss of our home, my son, job, Etc, etc has really made me watch my wallet like I cant remember. So along comes Gamepass.

I normally would have bought FF7 remake day one, but watching our budget a bit and all be damned, look here it's on game pass! I look today and looky here again, SW: Fallen Order another game I would've forked 60 bucks for and not looked back. This it's on GP too now! I feel like if I just close my eyes and wish now the games I want will be there!

Games like Control I've almost bought that multible times over the last 2 months, and Ghosts too, anyday now right...lol? In the long and short of it, it'll save me hundreds of bucks easily. I'm thinking easily the cost of the new Series X (that of course I do not have....lol) normally if in stock a ps5 and new Xbox SX would've been day ones too! I am getting older and though new games still give me that feeling, and I get hyped. Bundled along with a long string of new circumstances, my wallet stays shut more often than not.

God in the back of my mind, I still Crave that new shiny console, that new Rtx3080, etc. With a whole trunk load of games in my backlog, shit ton of offerings from Microsoft from GP its seems like there reading my mind somedays. I'm humble for how we have rebounded from a just mother fucker of a 30 or so months, I feel like I'm actually under paying for a service that is GP. That's rare these days....

3 hours ago, HardAct said:

I normally would have bought FF7 remake day one, but watching our budget a bit and all be damned, look here it's on game pass! I look today and looky here again, SW: Fallen Order another game I would've forked 60 bucks for and not looked back. This it's on GP too now! I feel like if I just close my eyes and wish now the games I want will be there!

FF7 Remake is on Gamepass? I thought it was a Playstation exclusive.

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh okay... he meant the remaster. Yes that IS on gamepass. The remake isn't. I'm not sure if its only a year exclusive or not.

I believe it's a one year. Squeenix isn't allowed to admit it though. It might by the Mandela effect, but i was 100% sure they mentioned Xbox waaaay back when they first teased it. I think it was after that when Sony locked up timed exclusivity cuz they haven't mentioned it since.

Sony is like that though. Most of their timed exclusives must have an NDA that the devs can't mention other consoles for the duration. Remember Hellblade? That was never gonna come to Xbox... until it did.

Yea sorry guys, I thought it was the Remake too, my bad. Plz forgive me. I was a bit to excited there. My point being, the last year or so Gamepass has blown me away and has completely changed my game buying routine. That and our circumstances of course. I now look at games that I managed to not just buy day one, and feel good at thinking it'll more than likely be out soon on GP. That is what I meant, sorry guys....

28 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I hope so because while I would really like to play the dlc, I'm not giving them any more money.

Would really love to see Control ultimate edition come to GP Ultimate as I'm really wanting to use my pc and see all the bells and whistles turned on. Dought my 2080ti csn do 4k, but 1440p with all on ultimate should be fun...

14 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m sure it will be the Ultimate Edition and will also drop on the PC gamepass. I’m assuming this just because I waited like a year and a half thinking it would be coming soon to gamepass and finally just bought it on cdkeys.

I haven’t used GP on pc. Is it different than xbox gamepass? Missing games?

18 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

It's a different list. There's a decent amount of overlap with games that released on both PC and Xbox. You can see all the games here. It's also a separate subscription, unless you have GP Ultimate, which bundles both Xbox, PC and Gold. 

36 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

2 minutes ago, The def star said:

Yes there will be games that are not on the PC version of GP and there will also be games that are on PC but not the console version of GP.

Something like Crusader Kings III is on PC gamepass but not console but there is also no console version for instance.

Seems kind of... dumb of Remedy? Wouldn't they want to show off the best version of their fairly popular new game to get people hyped for the next one they CLEARLY have planned? Are they expecting people to play the original version on Game Pass and then, what, spend full price on what is essentially unlocking visual options that should already be there?

I dunno who's in charge of shit over there, but they can't seem to make a good decision to save their fucking lives. People have been talking about Control more than any other Remedy game in YEARS and they seem hellbent on squandering either the goodwill, or their own work, in order to chase an extra buck for turning on a couple graphical settings. So fucking stupid.

16 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Seems kind of... dumb of Remedy? Wouldn't they want to show off the best version of their fairly popular new game to get people hyped for the next one they CLEARLY have planned? Are they expecting people to play the original version on Game Pass and then, what, spend full price on what is essentially unlocking visual options that should already be there?

I dunno who's in charge of shit over there, but they can't seem to make a good decision to save their fucking lives. People have been talking about Control more than any other Remedy game in YEARS and they seem hellbent on squandering either the goodwill, or their own work, in order to chase an extra buck for turning on a couple graphical settings. So fucking stupid.

505 games is the publisher and behind these bad decisions, not remedy. Remedy owns the IP so 505 games probably doesn’t give a shit about the goodwill look for Remedy and any of their future projects. What we are seeing is likely 505 trying to get as much money as they can out of the existing deal and not really being concerned about the future of the franchise.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

i just spent $20 bux on control ultimate. im assuming the gamepass version wont have the new bells and whistles? 

1 minute ago, ARZ said:

Interested in Greedfall but never enough to actually pay for it.

Predownloaded DQ11 a month ago - YAY!

Feel like a moron buying Control at the black friday deal, but is what it is.

If you bought the ultimate edition of Control it looks like you still did good!

So very proud of myself actually!!

I didn't buy SW: Jedi fallen order, or Control and now there both on GPU  { GamePassUltimate }. This service is amazing as I have said a few times now. I want to know what you all think.  Do you think that GP 10.99 & GPU 14.99 will remain that price? Though I want these games more on PC, getting them both without buying them at the Normal Me 59.99 feels incredible! I don't see how they can keep it that cheap. Or I'm subscribing to a service where I feel I'm getting my moneys worth. Feels strange to not have to justify an expense..lol Thoughts guys/gals?