Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

8 minutes ago, Dodger said:

TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates

The beatings on my backlog will continue until morale improves. Always wanted to play Octopath but I rarely use my Switch. Honestly at this point I don't know why I have other systems, I don't have any time to play them. 

Nintendo :"Octopath Traveler on sale! 10% off!"

MS: :troll:

I would've paid $20 for Octopath, but i never got the chance. Oh well, Big Daddy Spencer got my back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Nintendo :"Octopath Traveler on sale! 10% off!"

MS: :troll:

I would've paid $20 for Octopath, but i never got the chance. Oh well, Big Daddy Spencer got my back.

I got it on Switch but never finished it. Saw it on steam and kept waiting for a sale. Well, wait is over now!

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It was probably time for Squadrons to hit the vault, and vaulted EA games are on game pass.

Yep that does seem the case. 6 months feels a like a short time for EA to do that. Though there has been at least a couple sales on the game, and maybe they haven’t seen a significant spike in purchases. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread, update: EA Play coming to Game Pass for PC on 18 March 2021

So mine finally ran out and it was time to renew and saw it said it would still convert gold and after some research added 24 months of gold and paid $15 for the one month and now for $135 my membership expires 5/7/2023 after its conversions. Fucking steal.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I’m not sure if you are canadian or not but I just wanted to be clear I’m not canadian.

i was just wondering if stateside accounts auto convert the 12 months of gold cards to 4 months of UGP like what happen to me. I know sometimes the live payments will vary place to place.

3 minutes ago, silentbob said:

i was just wondering if stateside accounts auto convert the 12 months of gold cards to 4 months of UGP like what happen to me. I know sometimes the live payments will vary place to place.

Sorry, just didn’t realize you were a Canadian.

There’s probably weird variables but the usual right now if your current status is that your account is completely expired and auto renewal is turned off is that we get 1:1 return for gold and game pass and 1:4 return for ea play on xbox. Probably varies by region and timing etc.

So I've tried to sell my brother-in-law on Game Pass in the past, and he was always skeptical. "Oh, I just buy the games I want to play" he would say, which is fair. But while he plays games a lot, he doesn't really "follow" them, so he's really only aware of the biggest titles (not far off from the stereotypical bro who just buys the new Madden and COD every year). So when I was over there the other night, I finally logged onto my account on his Xbox and showed him Game Pass. His mind was blown. I was showing him games like Dishonored, Prey, and Ori and the Blind Forest, and I think he started to realize just what he's been missing. And then we started finding the games my sister would like. She hasn't kept up with games for a long time but has a fondness for JRPGs, so I showed her Dragon Quest XI and Octopath Traveler and she was thrilled. 

I’m playing Dirt 5 and I’m kind of resentful at how mediocre it looks. Compared to Horizon 4 it looks like a half gen behind or something and it was a “next gen” release with linear courses. It doesn’t look bad by any means but meh. It’s kinda fun tho!

13 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m playing Dirt 5 and I’m kind of resentful at how mediocre it looks. Compared to Horizon 4 it looks like a half gen behind or something and it was a “next gen” release with linear courses. It doesn’t look bad by any means but meh. It’s kinda fun tho!

They have to be two different teams cuz i felt that GRID actually looked pretty good, but yeah Dirt 5 is falling into this weird middle ground of having nice mud and particle effects but everything else looking kinda shitty.

I played the mission right after the demo with a friend last night and we really enjoyed what we played. Nothing like the World Tier upgrading midway through a mission and us wondering why the boss fight was so fuckin' hard all of a sudden. I'm torn on whether I want to leave it on Auto or not. If I take it off, i'm afraid I'll forget and then we'll be missing out on better loot. I'll probably leave it on Auto and then just bump it down a notch if we're having too much trouble. That's what we did on the boss last night. The World Tier upgraded right before we got to him and he and his minions were handily beating our asses. 

For all of the complaints that this game is "old-school," I find it actually pretty refreshing. I was commenting not long ago about how I missed games that were just straight up simple shooters, as in "load up a mission, play mission, load up next mission.". And while the character builds aren't exactly "simple" the action is old school third person shooter. It's nice to play co-op in something that's not a GaaS (for now) or an MMO. I miss old school shooters.

For an example of what I'm talking about, check out Dark Void this month for GWG. A lot of people will write that game off as an average old B-tier shooter, and it is, but it's actually pretty fun. I played it through a while back and really enjoyed it. It's got some cool ideas.

Ummm, is it still April Fools?

MLB_TheShow_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

With another thrilling Opening Day in the books, Major League Baseball fans around the world were treated to all the nail biters, dingers, and bat flips they could handle when teams took the field to kick off the 2021 season. But if you thought that was all the big news we’re bringing you this week, […]

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Ummm, is it still April Fools?

MLB_TheShow_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

With another thrilling Opening Day in the books, Major League Baseball fans around the world were treated to all the nail biters, dingers, and bat flips they could handle when teams took the field to kick off the 2021 season. But if you thought that was all the big news we’re bringing you this week, […]

What?! So you're telling me that a Sony game is available to all Xbox owners for $10 while PS5 owners will have to pay the full $70 :o How the hell did Spencer manage that :lol: