Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

It's not a long game, what does a backlog have to do with anything?

Because, I have much better things in my backlog to play than Donut County.  Every minute spend on it, is something I could have spent on a much better game.

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

agree. It is one of those games where the concept is better than the game. You actually watch more than you play.  

I was actually intrigued when I heard about the concept.  But there is actually almost nothing to the gameplay.  Move circle around from the smallest thing on the screen to the biggest.  Repeat 10-12 times.  There is a LITTLE more nuance to it than that, but not much.

58 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I should try to get back into the Yakuza games. Tried out 0 and didnt get into in the beginning but since they will all now be on GP I should get around to trying it again.

I've been playing Yakuza 0 because I've wanted to get into the series. I can't speak for the series as a whole yet, but Yakuza 0, as of Chapter 4, has got to have one of the most boring stories I have ever experienced in a video game. I get that it's a prequel that came out after the first few Yakuza games, and I'm kinda supposed to know who a lot of these people are and some of their situations I guess should hold some relevance to me, but I don't have that history with the characters and can honestly not give two lazy fucks about them, let alone remember all their names. The side stories are a mixed bag. Some of them are funny and quirky, and some of them are so stupid and boring I can't wait for them to end. I just did one the other night where (I shit you not) I watched a cutscene that lasted for about 15 minutes where Kazama talked to a guy about taxes. That was it.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Xbox_Game_Pass_Coming_Soon_February_Wave
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Welcome back to your bi-monthly installment of, “What Am I Going to Play Next with Xbox Game Pass?” featuring games about friends, games you can play with your friends, games about deceiving your friends, and more. Let’s get to it! Coming Soon Ghost of a Tale (PC) ID@Xbox – February 4Ghost of a Tale is […]

XII was the last FF game I played, enjoyed it.

Jurassic Park i've played the shit out of, LOVE that game - if you never played it you owe it to your inner kid that loved dinosaurs to play :D

While I love Wolfenstein 1 and 2, never had much interest in Youngblood, but i'll try it now that I don't have to buy it, lol

8 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I got all the way to some boss that kept putting my entire party to sleep and I just put the game down and never went back. 

I don't even remember how far I got, other than not very because the combat just didn't work for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates
NEWS.XBOX.COM

The team here at Xbox game pass is proud to present… video games! We’ve got new Perks, more games, and even more games you can touch. Coming soon to a download or streaming queue near you! So pick your quests, (turn in the one’s you’ve already done), and let’s get to the games. Coming Soon […]

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread, update: Game Pass titles for February announced

I missed whenever it was added, but last night I tried Carto on a whim. It's a really charming little puzzle/adventure game with a neat hook. Basically, you're collecting squares of a map, and when you move/rotate those squares on a grid, you change the layout of the world around you. 

I'm excited to try Dirt 5.  Most of the knock on the game from the reviews seemed to be that it wasn't a graphical showcase but was smooth at 60fps and was fun to play.  Racing games aren't usually my jam... but included with gamepass seems like a great price to try this for a while.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
OutridersGamePass_1920x1080.jpg?fit=1920
NEWS.XBOX.COM

We all got a taste of Outriders with the recent demo, so I’m thrilled to announce that Outriders will be available on Console and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on day one! Starting April 1 (not an April Fool’s joke, I assure you), Xbox Game Pass for […]

Pretty big 3rd Party addition Day 1