Figured Bezos was not rich enough and bought an XBox One S So Need Games

brucoe

So, was thinking of buying an XBox One, and then just bought one during the Prime Day sale.

So, any advice on games I should be looking out for? I figure if it's on PC, I've probably already got it, but any Xbox specific games out there that I've been missing out on?

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

I also just bought an Xbox One S, and I don't really plan on buying games for it. It came with a code for Rare Replay, which was one of the few non-Game Pass games I would have bought. 

@brucoe Sunset Overdrive is included in Game Pass

Oh, that's cool to know. And I think we bought the same bundle, cause it sure sounds like it. Was thinking of buying one of the farming games, cause, well, I'm an old guy, and that's what old guys do when we're not chasing kids off our lawns.

5 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Game Pass

Yup. If you want a lot of good games for cheap go the game pass route. All the Halos, Gears of War, Sunset Overdrive is on there and Vermintide 2 all for $10 a month? Do it. You should have gotten a game pass for free 2 weeks code. Give it a go.

I assume the game pass stuff is only good for the time that it's offered on game pass (meaning, you don't get to keep those games forever)?

I installed the system yesterday, and now I'm going through and buying games (and it looks like the Xbox game sale just started today, so no complaints here).

Some of the suggestions mentioned I picked up, but I also picked up Destiny 2 because I've always wanted to get into it. I was kind of on the fence for Elite Dangerous, and I still haven't made a decision on that one. I love the fact this sale started the day after I set up my console.

One thing I'm noticing is how difficult it is to get used to the controller. I know some of you have been using them for some time and are quite comfortable with them, and I assume after some time I'll get used to it as well, but wow, it's really frustrating. The other day, I was trying out Destiny 2, and only going through the tutorial part of it, but man I was supposed to shoot some guy, and I kept trying to center him and couldn't get the target on him, shooting the side wall instead. He probably just stood there and laughed at me the entire time.

1 minute ago, brucoe said:

One thing I'm noticing is how difficult it is to get used to the controller. I know some of you have been using them for some time and are quite comfortable with them, and I assume after some time I'll get used to it as well, but wow, it's really frustrating. The other day, I was trying out Destiny 2, and only going through the tutorial part of it, but man I was supposed to shoot some guy, and I kept trying to center him and couldn't get the target on him, shooting the side wall instead. He probably just stood there and laughed at me the entire time.

If you're comparing it to a KB/M -- a controller will never be as accurate for a FPS/TPS.  You "get used" to it, and console shooters generally have tons of autoaim to help.  But it will never be as accurate as a KB/M.

If you're comparing it to a PS4 controller, you'll get used to it.  They're pretty interchangeable in my mind (although I prefer the symmetrical design and ergonomics of the PS4 controller).

1 minute ago, mikechorney said:

If you're comparing it to a KB/M -- a controller will never be as accurate for a FPS/TPS.  You "get used" to it, and console shooters generally have tons of autoaim to help.  But it will never be as accurate as a KB/M.

If you're comparing it to a PS4 controller, you'll get used to it.  They're pretty interchangeable in my mind (although I prefer the symmetrical design and ergonomics of the PS4 controller).

Yeah, I'm so used to a KB/M. I was looking to see if there was one made for the Xbox One, but mostly what I found was stuff that allowed you to type in chat, and for those that appeared to be what I was looking for seemed to have really bad reviews from users, indicating that they don't work very well.