SaysWho?

China imposes new tariffs on $75 billion in US goods

22 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

22 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

“The Democrats for years have been claiming that China should be stood up to. Now, Trump is, and we've just got to accept the pain that comes with standing up to China,”

"Oh god, why did you do that?!"

"You said you wanted to lose weight."

"You cut off my arm!!!"

"You're welcome."

4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This is what stood out to me.

Trump ordered businesses out of China like a straight up dictator, and lest his defenders try to shrug it off as hyperbole or just something Trump said for the hell of it Trump immediately went on to insist he absolutely has the power to order everyone out of China and anyone even doubting that is "fake news".

It was like how the Greenland thing went from farce to quite serious, only in an even more conpressed timeline.

CNN: Why did the president take a shit on the Resolute desk?

Republicans: The president would never take a shit on the Resolute desk.

Trump: I HAVE AN ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO TAKE A SHIT ON THE RESOLUTE DESK!!!

For years, a story circulated in Washington about Donald Trump’s attempt to nab a job leading nuclear negotiations with the Soviet Union in the nineteen-eighties

Trump then said, “Let me tell you what I would have done if I’d been appointed.” He explained that he would have welcomed—very warmly—the Soviet delegation. He would have made sure the country’s envoys were comfortable—very comfortable—at the table.

Then, Trump told Burt, he would have stood up, shouted “Fuck you!,” and left the room. (The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/for-trump-diplomacy-is-quite-literally-a-four-letter-word

I watched this report on CNN yesterday and they talked to some farmers who are being directly affected by this... all three voted for Trump and all three said that the business they've lost from China is probably gone for good  because China has already found other suppliers.  Very stable genius indeed.

23 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I watched this report on CNN yesterday and they talked to some farmers who are being directly affected by this... all three voted for Trump and all three said that the business they've lost from China is probably gone for good  because China has already found other suppliers.  Very stable genius indeed.

Oh, they'll vote for him again next year undoubtedly.  I've just had it up to here with these types of stories from the American media.

Yeah, he's definitely juicing the markets with these tweets so he and his buddies can take advantage of the resulting market swings.