Yes more MCU Spider-Man

12 hours ago, johnny said:

We need to stop pretending that the first Spider-Man is a good movie. TASM1 is better. First Spider-Man has aged horribly. Raimi trilogy has one good movie. 

Until the recent 3 movies (actually haven't seen Far from Home) I had only seen the first two movies and I hated them then and probably still hate them now (I haven't seen them recently but the CG was shit even by 2002 standards) Then I gave up on them till Homecoming which was the best spider man movie until into the spider-verse came out which took the crown back!

Stan Lee’s daughter: ‘No one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives’

In a statement to TMZ, Joan Lee said Marvel and Disney need to be “checked and balanced” as they seek total control of her father’s creations.

“Whether it’s Sony or someone else’s, the continued evolution of Stan’s characters and his legacy deserves multiple points of view,” she said. While legendary comic book writer Lee created the Spider-Man character for Marvel comics in the 1960s, Sony has owned the film rights to the character for about two decades.

Lee seemed to support Sony’s decision not to accept this new co-financing deal.

“When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me,” Lee said. “From day one, they have commoditized my father’s work and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency. In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney’s executives.”

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There's a history with his daughter... let's just say she's not all there.

Yeah I don't get what she means that they treated Stan badly. I'm pretty sure he didn't do his cameos for free. 

Them not calling her about him doesn't seem like  a bad thing. 

23 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:

Yeah I don't get what she means that they treated Stan badly. I'm pretty sure he didn't do his cameos for free. 

Them not calling her about him doesn't seem like  a bad thing. 

She wasn't the best arbiter of his business affairs and might not be the most reliable witness in this whole affair... This a a very sad article about his last days but also very revealing.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/picked-apart-by-vultures-the-last-days-of-stan-lee

JC (Joan Celia) Lee, 67, Stan’s daughter and sole heir, was born in 1950. (A second daughter, Jan Lee, was born three years later, but died several days after birth.) “She was totally enamored with her parents,” says the Lee family insider, “totally in love with them. It’s a very close and fraught relationship. When I was with her, she would call her mother and father every few hours throughout the day—sometimes talking to them almost like a baby, and other times screaming at them like a teenager. And she’s never met a con man she doesn’t like, you know?”

She sounds a little gullible to be honest. Oh and last I remember, Stan Lee got a million dollars for every marvel movie that was produced just because and that's on TOP of the 10 million he got when Disney bought Marvel. 

Public actions and private actions are often not quite in sync, particularly when dealing with soulless corporations. That isn’t to say the Lee daughter is correct in her characterization.

Well I know that someone took a bunch of money From Stan Lee after his wife died. It was a care taker. I don't care who is at fault with this deal they just need to make a deal to keep Spider-man in the MCU. If both companies feel the hurt by not then good. They need to make a deal.

3 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Well I know that someone took a bunch of money From Stan Lee after his wife died. It was a care taker. I don't care who is at fault with this deal they just need to make a deal to keep Spider-man in the MCU. If both companies feel the hurt by not then good. They need to make a deal.

It was a dude that Stan Lee's daughter brought into the mix... he basically was holding both of them hostage and it got really bad at the end. He was a con-artist who conned the daughter to get to Stan. It was pretty bad. I don't know what became of that.

9 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Supporting Disney and their merger at this point is the movie fan equivant of being a Trump supporter. Once you tell me you support the merger, I can no longer take you or your movie opinions seriously.

Skillz is equal to a Trumo supporter in my eyes.

:lol: I hope that you're not teaching those kids how to proofread... or spell.

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It was a dude that Stan Lee's daughter brought into the mix... he basically was holding both of them hostage and it got really bad at the end. He was a con-artist who conned the daughter to get to Stan. It was pretty bad. I don't know what became of that.

:lol: I hope that you're not teaching those kids how to proofread... or spell.

I’m a counselor now and work with gay kids who have been abused by their homophobic parents, you know, the kind of situations that Kevin Hart used to make jokes about. But apparently you think he can just walk away from making light of situations that we causing kids hell and pushing them into self harm. You think it’s okay from him to get away from this sort of thing because audiences don’t care enough to not support his movies.

Some things are bigger than the bottom line, skillz. You work in an industry that is exploiting the worst tendencies and only cares about increasing bottom line. I am doing everything I can to help those on the margin that have been tossed aside. I’d don’t expect you to respect what I do because the only heroes you recognize are the ones printed in comic books.

5 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I’m a counselor now and work with gay kids who have been abused by their homophobic parents, you know, the kind of situations that Kevin Hart used to make jokes about. But apparently you think he can just walk away from making light of situations that we causing kids hell and pushing them into self harm. You think it’s okay from him to get away from this sort of thing because audiences don’t care enough to not support his movies.

Some things are bigger than the bottom line, skillz. You work in an industry that is exploiting the worst tendencies and only cares about increasing bottom line. I am doing everything I can to help those on the margin that have been tossed aside. I’d don’t expect you to respect what I do because the only heroes you recognize are the ones printed in comic books.

See my post in one of the other threads your unbalanced ass is stalking me in. That's the last response you're getting from me. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

So @skillzdadirecta, about that "working it out by the weekend" thing...

Tom Holland and Kevin Feige Confirm Spider-Man Leaving the MCU

A deal by the weekend may be optimistic, but it does seem clear that this a Cold War negotiation via the press situation and no deal is dead quite yet. There are obvious benefits to both parties in continuing the relationship.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:20 PM, sexy_shapiro said:

Are you seriously fucking bitching about a comedian being a comedian to try to make a point about Marvel? What kind of scatter brained bullshit are you running off about? 

So you help kids, what does that have to do with this special, or a joke?

Noticed that Skillz went crazy when I presented him with a simple hypothetical. Should a white comedian still have a career after making jokes about beating up black children? I don’t think skillz would believe that, but he seems to think it’s forgiveable long as it’s only joking about gay kids. He chose to put me on ignore rather than address his own double srandard.

4 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Noticed that Skillz went crazy when I presented him with a simple hypocritical. Should a white comedian still have a career after making jokes about beating up black children? I don’t think skillz would believe that, but he seems to think it’s forgiveable long as it’s only joking about gay kids. He chose to put me on ignore rather than address his own double srandard.

I absolutely think that person should still have a job. I think people who are offended about comedy are ridiculous. As long as it's a funny joke with a point, and not just a racist rant (a la Kramer).

Standup comedy has been offensive since the first comic got on stage. I don't think you are making a very good point. 

1 minute ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Skillz has had a history of making casually homophobic comments where he attacks the masculinity of certain actors. I remember when he said that he thought Baby in Baby Driver wasn’t manly enough he attached rhe cast of the new predator movie for being too effeminate.

I don't remember that, but I also won't judge what he said unless I see it for myself. 

But frankly, I don't get upset about offhanded remarks. I tend to think most people are entirely too sensitive to opinions they don't like or agree with. 

Just now, TheGreatGamble said:

I absolutely think that person should still have a job. I think people who are offended about comedy are ridiculous. As long as it's a funny joke with a point, and not just a racist rant. 

Standup comedy has been offensive since the first comic got on stage. I don't think you are making a very good point. 

The thing is that I don’t think Kevin Hart’s material was trying to make a point. I think he was using humor to express his fear of having a gay son, which is a very common fear unfortunately. The but of the joke was the gay kid, there was no self awareness behind his humor by acknowledging that maybe he’s overreacting towards this scenario. If there was some self awareness then maybe there joke would have worked.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I don't remember that, but I also won't judge what he said unless I see it for myself. 

But frankly, I don't get upset about offhanded remarks. I tend to think most people are entirely too sensitive to opinions they don't like or agree with. 

I’m allowed to think someone is a dumbass and a terrible human being without being offended. I’m not offended by skillz.

That’s the problem with being a gay man in America. You’re expected to be quiet and bite your lip. You bottle it in. Any time you chose to speak your mind you are labeled sensitive. You aren’t the first straight person to call me sensitive as a way to silence me.

Just now, sexy_shapiro said:

The thing is that I don’t think Kevin Hart’s material was trying to make a point. I think he was using humor to express his fear of having a gay son, which is a very common fear unfortunately. The but of the joke was the gay kid, there was no self awareness behind his humor by acknowledging that maybe he’s overreacting towards this scenario. If there was some self awareness then maybe there joke would have worked.

Man, the whole world is too sensitive, and punishment depends on who you are. Jokes fall flat sometimes. 

Not long ago, Sarah silverman lost a job because she did a skit in blackface over a decade ago, which she had long ago apologised for. 

RDJ did a whole movie in blackface, and is the highest paid actor in the world. 

Its not about being offended, it's about people using Social Media to ruin lives. 

2 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

You win. You are the most woke. 

Can we talk about Spiderman again? 

I have seen on a few scetchy sites talks of a new 6-7 movie deal.  I think there is still hope something gets worked out. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Why would a user who only joined March of this year even think about remembering something from a couple of years ago...

:hmm:

Just now, TheGreatGamble said:

Man, the whole world is too sensitive, and punishment depends on who you are. Jokes fall flat sometimes. 

Not long ago, Sarah silverman lost a job because she did a skit in blackface over a decade ago, which she had long ago apologised for. 

RDJ did a whole movie in blackface, and is the highest paid actor in the world. 

Its not about being offended, it's about people using Social Media to ruin lives. 

Both comedians were using blackface to highlight how stupid blackface was. The butt of the joke wasn’t black people, it was blackface itself.

The butt of Kevin hart’s material was gay children. You have to understand where the focus of the humor is placed. This is the most basic thing to understand before you discuss humor online.