Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns Over Relationship With Employee

Jason

19 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Intel has a policy against fraternization, consensual or not.

i know.. just seems ridiculous that two consenting adults cant have a relationship bc they work at the same place.  if they are mature and perform their jobs adequately, then there should be no issue with it. 

31 minutes ago, atom631 said:

why is this an issue? If both are consenting, whats the problem? 

Outside of their own rules, it is hard to deny superiors. Like, you either get fucked by the king or you die like the peasant you are.  

Just now, atom631 said:

i know.. just seems ridiculous that two consenting adults cant have a relationship bc they work at the same place.  if they are mature and perform their jobs adequately, then there should be no issue with it. 

It's a policy that's in place to prevent workplace disruption/HR nightmares if the relationship goes sour.  Personally, I'm VERY much in favor of policies like that.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's a policy that's in place to prevent workplace disruption/HR nightmares if the relationship goes sour.  Personally, I'm VERY much in favor of policies like that.

why though? 

you're telling me if you met someone and completely hit off, instant sparks, potential love of your life.... you then have to chose between keeping your job and perusing a possible romantic interest? 

obviously if the relationship goes sour and it affects work, then it needs to be dealt with....but outside relationships can equally cause the same problem for someone not able to cope. 

4 minutes ago, atom631 said:

why though? 

you're telling me if you met someone and completely hit off, instant sparks, potential love of your life.... you then have to chose between keeping your job and perusing a possible romantic interest? 

obviously if the relationship goes sour and it affects work, then it needs to be dealt with....but outside relationships can equally cause the same problem for someone not able to cope. 

Because I'm a firm believer in boundary separation between private life and professional life - it's as simple as that.

4 minutes ago, atom631 said:

why though? 

For the normal rank and file employees, I'd be a little more lenient. But the big cheese at the company doing it can definitely cause a lot of problems 

i would argue that the vast majority of people able to hold a job (esp at the professional level) are also able to maintain a proper boundary between their private and professional lives. 

I just feel that no company should not have the ability to tell me what I can and cant do on my own personal time. 

On 6/21/2018 at 9:32 AM, atom631 said:

i would argue that the vast majority of people able to hold a job (esp at the professional level) are also able to maintain a proper boundary between their private and professional lives. 

I just feel that no company should not have the ability to tell me what I can and cant do on my own personal time. 

While I generally agree with that, this day and age everyone who gets together has naked pictures of each other and while it's probably not a problem most of the time a company is just one bad break up away from a photo of Suzy in accounting with a dildo in her ass getting passed around the office and a bunch of lawsuits arising because of it.