Breaking: Ghislaine Maxwell found guilty in sex-trafficking trial

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think incompetence explains a lot more than the feds deliberately sandbagging the investigation for the benefit of unnamed billionaires.

Lay off the chapo for a bit

deep state false flag pedophile ring Illuminati through the looking glass pizzagate

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think incompetence explains a lot more than the feds deliberately sandbagging the investigation for the benefit of unnamed billionaires.

Lay off the chapo for a bit

How exactly can incompetence explain the  delayed searches? Everyone knew the Epstein owned pedophile island and the sex ranch. I’m sure they just dropped the ball on their most high profile case this year. 

8 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

How exactly can incompetence explain the  delayed searches? Everyone knew the Epstein owned pedophile island and the sex ranch. I’m sure they just dropped the ball on their most high profile case this year. 

Coordinating multiple FBI field offices/US Marshals(?) and USAOs across multiple states and a US territory usually requires something resembling competency from somewhere near the top. Call me crazy, but based on the history of the past few years, that's not something I'm willing to give this administration.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Coordinating multiple FBI field offices/US Marshals(?) and USAOs across multiple states and a US territory usually requires something resembling competency from somewhere near the top. Call me crazy, but based on the history of the past few years, that's not something I'm willing to give this administration.

That's exactly where the 9/11 conspiracy theories fall on their face as well.  The US government is just too goddamned stupid, incompetent, and leaky to pull these type of things off.

“Epstein was not only given personal immunity, his named and unnamed co-conspirators were also immunized for all of their unspecified crimes,” he said. “That kind of get-out-of-jail-free card is unprecedented and a patent abuse of prosecutorial discretion.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/us/politics/alex-acosta-jeffrey-epstein.html

defendants are given immunity to testify against their co-conspirators, not the other way around

2 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/us/politics/alex-acosta-jeffrey-epstein.html

defendants are given immunity to testify against their co-conspirators, not the other way around

I literally said his wealth and connections got that deal from Acosta. The latest prosecution was hastily put together in response to public and Congressional pressure to do something.

4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

but why were named and unnamed co-conspirators given immunity?

Incompetence and or corruption at one US attorneys office, though I'd lean toward the latter given what we know.

I'm not arguing that him and his unnamed coconspirators didn't have undue influence on the initial deal, but this recent prosecution has very much the markings of incompetence and apathy.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Incompetence and or corruption at one US attorneys office, though I'd lean toward the latter given what we know.

I'm not arguing that him and his unnamed coconspirators didn't have undue influence on the initial deal, but this recent prosecution has very much the markings of incompetence and apathy.

“Is the Epstein case going to cause a problem [for confirmation hearings]?” Acosta had been asked. Acosta had explained, breezily, apparently, that back in the day he’d had just one meeting on the Epstein case. He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers in the Trump transition, who evidently thought that was a sufficient answer and went ahead and hired Acosta. (The Labor Department had no comment when asked about this.)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epsteins-sick-story-played-out-for-years-in-plain-sight

conspiracy: 1

mundane explanation: 0

It's a difference in scale. It's easier to work with one USA and secure a single plea deal than it is to be competent enough to manage something that looks incompetence across massive organizations. The more simple explanation is that the latter really is incompetent.

A smaller conspiracy is far more likely to work and actually happen than a massive conspiracy.

34 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I can understand why people would be resistant to anything except a mundane explanation because they don't want to see their worldview upended. 

And what worldview would that be?  The one that all existence is random, chaotic, and that sometimes "shit happens" simply because "shit happens"?  Because that's my worldview.

The reason people look to conspiracy theories for guidance is because they ARE "comforting" in the sense that they impose "order" on a frighteningly chaotic existence.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

And what worldview would that be?  The one that all existence is random and chaotic and that sometimes "shit happens" simply because "shit happens".

The reason people look at conspiracy theories is because they ARE "comforting" in the sense that they impose "order" on a frighteningly chaotic existence.

The Epstein case is the opposite of a normal conspiracy theory because we don't know anything and it is not comforting. 

16 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

it's always nice to have input from our Serious Adult

I don’t know what to say. What part of my worldview is being upended? I believe that billionaires have undue influence and that the wealthy are treated differently by the legal system. I believe that prison security is generally shitty. None of this is controversial or conspiratorial. 

You’re acting as if we should expect high profile legal cases or VIPs in prison to be handled competently when we have plenty of evidence to suggest that this does not always happen. Put down the paper bag filled with glue or keep huffing and realize that you’re posting shit tier reddit / Facebook conspiracies. 

Isn't the likelier explanation that A.) people, especially the relevant law enforcement officials, really really hate pedophiles and sex offenders and didn't really care that they were leaving Epstein in a situation where he could easily off himself, or be offed by a fellow pedophile-hating inmate, and B.) now that he's dead, the investigation into the details of the case seem less important to them, and they've been really slow in getting around to searching his compound?

Or, in a nutshell, this all stems less from a giant conspiracy and more from the FBI being like Image result for joker i'm glad you're dead

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don’t know what to say. What part of my worldview is being upended? I believe that billionaires have undue influence and that the wealthy are treated differently by the legal system. I believe that prison security is generally shitty. None of this is controversial or conspiratorial. 

You’re acting as if we should expect high profile legal cases or VIPs in prison to be handled competently when we have plenty of evidence to suggest that this does not always happen. Put down the paper bag filled with glue or keep huffing and realize that you’re posting shit tier reddit / Facebook conspiracies. 

Yep, you're the Serious Adult

2 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Isn't the likelier explanation that A.) people, especially the relevant law enforcement officials, really really hate pedophiles and sex offenders and didn't really care that they were leaving Epstein in a situation where he could easily off himself, or be offed by a fellow pedophile-hating inmate, and B.) now that he's dead, the investigation into the details of the case seem less important to them, and they've been really slow in getting around to searching his compound?

It should been searched when he was arrested

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

And if there is a "grand conspiracy" - so fucking what?

It will NEVER be unravelled, it will NEVER be resolved, the truth will NEVER come out so it will be like it never existed anyway.  So what's the point of going down that rabbit hole to begin with?

To be RIGHT, of course!

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

And if there is a "grand conspiracy" - so fucking what?

It will NEVER be unravelled, it will NEVER be resolved, the truth will NEVER come out so it will be like it never existed anyway.  So what's the point of going down that rabbit hole to begin with?

why not? these type of things don't leak out often