Breaking: Ghislaine Maxwell found guilty in sex-trafficking trial

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I got a "number neighbor" text too the other day. I didn't reply to it.

My father in law got one and I had to explain this whole thing to my wife because she never heard of it to explain it back to my father in law (he's still new to learning English).

This is from a year ago:

Safety Concerns Grow as Inmates Are Guarded by Teachers and Secretaries

On a recent rainy day, more than 400 sex offenders, gang members and other inmates at the federal prison in this West Texas town weathered the storm by crowding into a three-story building.

Two guards were on duty. One was a uniformed correctional officer, the other a health worker in civilian clothes pitching in because there were not enough regular officers.

Outside, along the security fences surrounding the sprawling prison campus, a worker who normally offers counseling to inmates patrolled in a vehicle, armed with three weapons. And in a unit reserved for the most dangerous inmates, a clerk from the commissary policed the corridors.

The staffing scramble at Big Spring is playing out at federal prisons across the country. As the Trump administration has curtailed hiring in its quest to reduce the size of the government, some prisons are so pressed for guards that they regularly compel teachers, nurses, secretaries and other support staff to step in.

just chillin in Boston 

I’m surprised she hasn’t died from an “overdose”

Maxwell, 57, has not been charged and has denied any wrongdoing. According to people familiar with the investigation, authorities have had trouble locating Maxwell, who is believed to be living abroad. Her five-story Manhattan townhouse was sold in 2016 for $15 million by a company that used the address of Epstein’s New York office.

Her lawyers told a judge in 2017 that she was in London, but had no fixed address. Lawyers representing Epstein’s alleged victims said they wouldn’t expect Maxwell to return to the United States anytime soon for fear of being arrested.

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Is it possible to break your neck bones in a self hanging?  I could see separated/broken vertebrae if you dropped some distance before the rope goes tight (like in a state sanctioned hanging), but if you essentially just choking yourself, it seems...far fetched. 

Maybe if you're choking yourself and the orgasm is super intense....

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Is it possible to break your neck bones in a self hanging?  I could see separated/broken vertebrae if you dropped some distance before the rope goes tight (like in a state sanctioned hanging), but if you essentially just choking yourself, it seems...far fetched. 

It's possible, just depends on how high you fall from. I'd think it's fairly uncommon to see the hyoid broken from the type of hanging Epstein was supposed to have done. I can't imagine he'd have been able to perform any significant drop from his cell so he should have just died from suffocation. 

Plus, they're saying multiple bones were broken. 

5 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Yes, the Hyoid often breaks. Its a very fragile bone, and it'll break from pressure, not just force. I know people who have broken theirs getting choked in Jiu Jitsu class. 

11 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

His suicide probably was something like this

• Thanks 1