At 29, I'm going back to school for a year...

gamer.tv

I've decided to become a primary school teacher (ages 4-11) and so will be completing a Post Graduate Certificate of Education, starting the 2nd of September. 

I can't wait, more so as I'll be mainly based in a school, with 37 training days mixed in with this to focus on the more academic areas. 

I've started on my first 'assignment' - namely reading around education theories and classroom approaches for a discussion at a Residential at the end of August, linking in with our first assignment. 

I also forgot how much I enjoy the process of researching and writing academically (the endless reading, the filtering, the composition, argument) even though I'm not exactly the greatest at it. I'm also excited that, hopefully this time next year, I will be working in a field that I care about, with prior experience that will allow me to progress, with the scope to grow and gain more qualifications and on a personal level, feel like I'm doing something worthwhile. 

I'm also writing this in a pub, on my second pint, eating chips because it's the Summer Holidays.