NRA spoke to Trump Tuesday and warned him against red flag bill, Trump spoke to Manchin about his gun bill

48 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Somehow instead of "uSA", I hit "ISA" in predictive text on my phone. Don't ask me what it means, just a typo. 

I had read that Canada was estimated at 35m, but then just now read its estimated to be 21m. But they don't even know, just like here in the USA. There are millions of unrecorded guns all over NA> 

I think one of the largest differences is that the majority of guns in Canada are farm/rural-based, as well. Not unusual for a farmer to have 2-3 guns for hunting, etc. Also a higher % of long guns vs pistols, compared to the states.

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It's not a buy-back, it's confiscation.  You can call it that if you want to be honest.

Not if it’s voluntary. 

If it was involuntary, there would be mass outrage. Either way, I’d never comply with an order to turn in my guns. Not going to happen. My guns are not a danger to anyone. Never have been. 

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think one of the largest differences is that the majority of guns in Canada are farm/rural-based, as well. Not unusual for a farmer to have 2-3 guns for hunting, etc. Also a higher % of long guns vs pistols, compared to the states.

Personally, I still believe it’s culture. The hate at both extremes of the political system in the USA is driving this terrorism, imo. Young white men are finding a community they BELIEVE cares about them in these groups, and feel empowered by it. Hate is a most powerful motivator.

im sure Canada has some hate, but not near the flood of it the USA has right now.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The supreme Court only decides what is lawful at this time. It won't hold up forever.

I do feel like we are in a transitional generation. I’m 33, live in the burbs of Houston, and the vast majority of my peers don’t own guns and have never even fired one. The hardcore 2Aers will begin to dwindle over time and the culture will change. But it is probably still grand or great grand kids of mine who will grow up in an America with more sensible gun culture.