I think I’m now burned out on AAA single player games...

gamer.tv

Two things:

1) BotW isn’t a typical open world game.  If you think you hate the genre, it’s still such a solid and unique execution that it’s worth giving a shot.

I really hope BotW2 has some surprises under its sleeves.   Setting it in the same world is a risk, given that most of us have explored it before.  Which was most of the appeal.

2) Before it, SS was easily the most creative 3D Zelda since the N64 titles.  It brought new life to the combat.  Its puzzles, dungeons and bosses are some of the most inspired in the entire series. The world structure, to me, felt like it took the right cues from Majora’s landscape puzzles and fleshed them out.  At its best, it’s dense in the way the GB Zeldas are, and I loved it for that.

The place it was least creative, like Majora, was the overworld hub.  Which basically got the predominant focus in BotW.  The series feels very reactionary to itself at times.

45 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

2) Before it, SS was easily the most creative 3D Zelda since the N64 titles.  It brought new life to the combat.  Its puzzles, dungeons and bosses are some of the most inspired in the entire series. The world structure, to me, felt like it took the right cues from Majora’s landscape puzzles and fleshed them out.  At its best, it’s dense in the way the GB Zeldas are, and I loved it for that.

Skyward Sword was the best one because if you only played it for an hour you've played the happiest Zelda game ever made!

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Skyward Sword was the best one because if you only played it for an hour you've played the happiest Zelda game ever made!

Eh, I didn’t think the opening was all that good (or bad).  Has character, but the game takes a little while to ramp up.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, eggydoo said:

I've been not in a mood to play much games lately as well and recently started playing Dragon Quest Builder that I got as a gift maybe a year or so ago with my daughter.  The game has me hooked similarly to how Fallout 4 got me hooked on wasting so much time building your damn town.  The game is only about $15 or so right now since its old and a 2nd one is out.

I am currently playing through Dragon Quest Builder 2 right now and I would totally recommend the second over the first. The first felt like a prototype released to test the waters. The second has so many quality of life improvements that I can’t imagine not having.

Indie games I really enjoyed:

Steamworld Dig 2

Undertale 

Pony Island

• Thanks 1