Disney cancelling majority of Fox movies in development

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Cool... Taco Bell is Mexican food too. Whatever floats your boat. Two things New Yorkers and Chicagoans are passionate about food-wise. Pizza and Hot Dogs.

Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food! 

21 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I almost never buy concessions at the theater. I did get a personal pizza for Endgame and it was painful paying essentially the price of a large pizza for it. 

I just eat before I go. 

I'm definitely not above bringing stuff in but I figure there's a difference between sneaking in stuff they serve and stuff they don't. I've often brought in protein shakes. They definitely don't serve those at movie theaters. :p

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've just cut back drastically on bad foods like pizza. There are some local chains I like, but I'm doing quite well staying away from junk food and honestly, I feel much better for it. An occasional indulgence is all I need.

What you figure out pretty quickly is that you don't actually want a lot of that shit if you're not habituated to it. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

What you figure out pretty quickly is that you don't actually want a lot of that shit if you're not habituated to it. 

Truth. It’s amazing how if you can go a month without eating fast food or junk food you really stop wanting it or even thinking of it as good anymore. Crazy how the body works. 

8 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Truth. It’s amazing how if you can go a month without eating fast food or junk food you really stop wanting it or even thinking of it as good anymore. Crazy how the body works. 

Like, don't get me wrong. Put fries in front of me and I'm probably going to demolish those fries. But my willpower for avoiding the stuff in the first place is pretty strong.

Just now, Jason said:

Like, don't get me wrong. Put fries in front of me and I'm probably going to demolish those fries. But my willpower for avoiding the stuff in the first place is pretty strong.

Exactly. I used to drive by McDonalds and think “man that would be so good right now, I can taste how delicious it would be”

stop eating it for a month or two and I honestly don’t even think about it as tasting as good. But yeah, inevitably I’ll get it on a road trip or something and the damn cycle starts all over. Sugar is a hell of a drug 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh, man, fries were always my biggest weakness. But I finally managed to stop getting them so much and I've lost those cravings. We went out to eat today for my birthday and I had boiled shrimp and raw oysters and my husband had a grilled shrimp and fries basket. I took a couple of his fries and they were predictably delicious, but I resisted any more. Last time I actually had an order of fries was about a month ago when eating out with the in-laws. Before that, I don't know when. I just stopped getting them. I don't even feel tempted when I'm in the cafeteria at work. 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

No it means you eat fancier junk food.

Also, if you consider all American cuisine as junk food, that is a pretty sad statement of our food culture. Pizza does not have to be junk food.

On 8/10/2019 at 2:51 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Cool... Taco Bell is Mexican food too. Whatever floats your boat. Two things New Yorkers and Chicagoans are passionate about food-wise. Pizza and Hot Dogs.

Taco bell is absolutely mexican food. It's just bad mexican food. Andm, as CastlevaniaNut said, pizza is pizza. It might not be good pizza, but it's pizza. 

On 8/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Ok. It's the quality of the ingredients that matter. and the unhealthiest part of pizza is probably the toppings you had. Dough, Cheese and olive oil aren't that bad for you. 

Dough is absolutely horrible for you. It's delicious though. 

58 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Taco bell is absolutely mexican food. It's just bad mexican food. Andm, as CastlevaniaNut said, pizza is pizza. It might not be good pizza, but it's pizza. 

Dough is absolutely horrible for you. It's delicious though. 

Taco Bell is Mexican-American, if we are being generous here.

51 minutes ago, Jose said:

Taco Bell is Mexican-American, if we are being generous here.

It's like people that think Chinese Food that we eat here is actually Chinese food :lol:

and I'm trying to figure out what's unhealthy about dough... it's basically water, flour and yeast. If you eat that shit raw you may be in danger, but by itself? Cultures all over the world eat dough in some form. If you FRY it sure... but in and of itself? 

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's like people that think Chinese Food that we eat here is actually Chinese food :lol:

and I'm trying to figure out what's unhealthy about dough... it's basically water, flour and yeast. If you eat that shit raw you may be in danger, but by itself? Cultures all over the world eat dough in some form. If you FRY it sure... but in and of itself? 

He's going to give you some annoying ass rant against carbs.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It is though! It was developed by Chinese chefs and based on 'traditional' Chinese recipes. The fact it was developed for a new audience with a different palate doesn't make it any less 'Chinese'. As always though when it comes to foodie-related matter, David Chang has the best take...

What makes “Ugly Delicious” compelling, ultimately, is Chang’s commitment to rejecting purity and piety within food culture. “I view authenticity like a totalitarian state,” Chang declares, in the show’s first episode, adding, “It’s not that I hate authenticity, it’s that I hate that people want this singular thing that is authentic.” In food culture, particularly American food culture, the concept of authenticity is wielded like a hammer: This pizza, made with San Marzano tomatoes and mozzarella di bufala and a yeast-risen dough, blistered in an ultra-hot wood-fired oven for less than a minute, is authentic; that pizza, ordered on the Domino’s Pizza Now™ mobile app, dressed with toppings that arrive at a franchise location pre-sliced in a vacuum-sealed bag, passed through an industrial conveyor-belt oven, is not. The problem with such rigid categorizations, according to “Ugly Delicious,” is, for one thing, creative stagnation. Chang, after all, made his career on an exuberant disregard for convention. His restaurants—with their Japanese names, Taiwanese pork buns, Korean rice cakes, Continental flourishes, and intellectual-bro Americana twists—remix and subvert everything from ancient culinary traditions to standard restaurant-service expectations.

The more insidious problem with valorizing authenticity, though, is that, by anchoring a place’s culinary identity in an idealized history, a culture closes itself off to the values and traditions of those who have arrived more recently. This notion gives “Ugly Delicious” larger resonances with the rage and uncertainty of the Trump era. In the crawfish episode, a segment dedicated to K.K.K. activism against Vietnamese shrimpers in the nineteen-seventies is followed by a conversation with a present-day Vietnamese-American shrimp fisher who proudly calls himself a redneck, happy to talk on camera about his disdain for immigrants and fear of radical Islam. Sitting down with the white proprietor of a Nashville hot-chicken chain, Chang forces himself, with obvious steeling of will, to ask astonishingly direct questions about the moral burden of a white man profiting from black culture. The great cooks, in Chang’s view, are those who don’t just deploy an ingredient or a technique but feel it, deeply, adopting the food and its history as a fundamental part of who they are. It’s an idiosyncratic approach that’s perhaps as murky as authenticity, but also far more flexible. Watching a Tokyo chef make a perfect margherita pizza, Chang observes that here he sees a man making food “more Italian in its idea, its thesis, than some people in Italy are making.” The chef explains himself, later on, in Japanese: “What Naples has given me is pizza, which I make in the image of myself.”

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/david-chang-combats-culinary-purity-netflix-ugly-delicious

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

It is though! It was developed by Chinese chefs and based on 'traditional' Chinese recipes. The fact it was developed for a new audience with a different palate doesn't make it any less 'Chinese'. As always though when it comes to foodie-related matter, David Chang has the best take...

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/david-chang-combats-culinary-purity-netflix-ugly-delicious

Yes, but he's also sort of full of shit. He says in the "Fried Rice" episode that PF Chang's and Panda Express aren't Chinese food. If Domino's is pizza, then PF Chang's is definitely Chinese food you ethnocentric fucker (Chang, not you).

• Haha 1