Didn't See This Announced... Disney Streaming Bundle Priced

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

Personally, while this bundle deal is absolutely awesome, I would like to have an option wherein the UFC PPV's are included at a higher rate/month for ESPN+ (not unlike how you can get WWE Network at a monthly rate and get access to their PPV shows.)

Never gonna happen. UFC loves the PPV model, and refused to deal with ESPN without their own version. 

13 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I hope they offer add-free hulu as an additional option. 

They seem to be weird about this. I got in on the free Hulu through Spotify deal while it was around, and it's only for the with-ads version and you absolutely cannot pay the differential for the ad-free version. The only option would be to cancel through Spotify and then pay full freight myself.

14 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Personally, while this bundle deal is absolutely awesome, I would like to have an option wherein the UFC PPV's are included at a higher rate/month for ESPN+ (not unlike how you can get WWE Network at a monthly rate and get access to their PPV shows.)

That would only happen if Disney bought UFC.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:52 PM, Rodimus said:

I like this but I need my ad free Hulu.

Same. Hopefully Hulu ad-free will still be an add-on option. 

I bet it will, since I also can’t imagine you no longer being able to add Showtime or HBO to your Hulu. 

If I cannot get the ad-free add on, then I’ll just have to see what I end up doing. Probably just Disney + by itself. 

I wonder if ESPN + would include F1, Formula E, and other race broadcasts. 

I’m just wondering if Canada will be able to get a similar bundle. We can’t get (legally) Hulu or ESPN, as Crave TV and Netflix Canada take most of those shows. Heck some are on or are going to be airing (soon) on cable channels. It is so screwed on how many ways that content is split up here

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t see it posted, also didn’t look hard.

Don’t known if it works with the bundle, but if you are a D23 member by September 1, 2019 (general membership is free), you can get a discount off the cost of subscribing to Disney+ for three years ($3.92 vs $6.99 a month). Have to “preorder” by the end of September 2, 2019.

We've now got some technical details about Disney+ that sure make it sound like Disney is getting it right. Even at $7/m you get 4 simultaneous streams and 4K, with up to seven profiles on a single account. I don't really need more than one stream, but included 4K is sure nice.

Of course, Disney bought BAMTech, the company behind MLB's streaming and HBO Now, so it makes sense that the technical infrastructure will be able to handle everyone streaming Avatar over and over again, as it's clearly the main draw here. (Jokes aside, will Avatar get put on Disney+? Other Fox content like The Simpsons is. Interesting that Nat Geo gets a prime location, and there's no obvious spot for Fox films/shows) 

Screens of the interface also seem promising, with a simplified, more elegant UI than Netflix. We already knew they'd be breaking it out into sections (Disney / Pixar / Marvel / Star Wars / Nat Geo), but overall it certainly seems they've gotten it right.

Screen_Shot_2019_08_23_at_7.55.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2019_08_23_at_8.00.09_PM.png

Iger has called Disney+ the most important product in the company, and it certainly seems like they're getting it right.