Which is the more overrated “New York” food?

Kal-El814

Which is the more overrated “New York” food?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more overrated “New York” food?

• Pizza
    • Bagels

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

I'll be in Madison. 

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Madison is defintely Northern Jersey. Im not familiar with any pizza joints in Jersey... but maybe @Spork3245 can help? 

The border with Central/South Jersey has the best pizza, IMO. Delorenzo’s or Papa’s are unarguably the best in the state, both in Trenton/Robbinsville. Also, you want to order a “Tomato Pie”, it’s slightly different than a pizza.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

The border with Central/South Jersey has the best pizza, IMO. Delorenzo’s or Papa’s are unarguably the best in the state, both in Trenton/Robbinsville. Also, you want to order a “Tomato Pie”, it’s slightly different than a pizza.

Central Jersey is a myth.

Come to south jersey.  The pizza is just alright, but we got gigantic hoagies and cheesesteaks. :D

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, johnny said:

I’ve never even heard of this NY bagel superiority so I’m going with that since bagels aren’t anything special. 

You're a fucking Commiefornian who was probably raised on kale and quinoa bagels. :talkhand:

I’m sure there are places everywhere that have mastered this mythical New York bagel recipe. 

Imagine waking up and being like .... yeah, I’m having a big piece of bread, and maybe I’ll throw some other shit on it too. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

You're a fucking Commiefornian who was probably raised on kale and quinoa bagels. :talkhand:

You’re Jewish so I understand the bagel thing for you. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

I’m sure there are places everywhere that have mastered this mythical New York bagel recipe. 

Imagine waking up and being like .... yeah, I’m having a big piece of bread, and maybe I’ll throw some other shit on it too. 

You’re Jewish so I understand the bagel thing for you. 

This is the exact same thing you accused me of being racist for. Correlating people’s ethnicity with certain types of food. Looks like you’re a racist too! Welcome to the club. 

Amirite @BasemntDweller2

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

This is the exact same thing you accused me of being racist for. Correlating people’s ethnicity with certain types of food. Looks like you’re a racist too! Welcome to the club. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Check your facts bubba 

16 hours ago, johnny said:

I’ve never even heard of this NY bagel superiority so I’m going with that since bagels aren’t anything special. 

Lol lol I've only had a shitty version of something so therefore I will assume it can't get better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Lol lol I've only had a shitty version of something so therefore I will assume it can't get better.

because that's totally what i said. ive had good bagels. usually not by itself but in the form of a bagelwich, because why else would i just eat bread 

i guess it's just my preferences but whatever. Pizza is a much better food imo. 

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

Pointing out regional cuisines is elitism lol. You know Mexican food in Cali is WAY better than the East Coast right? How elitist of me!

well mexican food consists of many things. a bagel is bread.