Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Keyser_Soze

eSports EVO 2019 Thread (August 2 - 4)

Recommended Posts

spacer.png

 

https://multistre.am/capcomfighters/evo1/evo2/evo3/evo/layout14/

 

 

Looks like SFV has fallen off, not the main event on the last day. That's saved for Smash, which means I won't be disappointed if I don't see it. :p

 

Also, special shout out to @GameDadGrant when I mentioned Under Night a year ago and he said, "nah" and look it's at Evo. :talkhand:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would certainly choose to watch SFV over Smash. I find Smash actually kind of annoying to watch. 

 

But I guess it is kinda nice I can go to bed early. 

 

Crazy that Dragon Ball isn’t in the last day at all. I enjoyed watching that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

For some reason I thought MK finals were today. Disappointed I missed them.

 

That's why I put the schedule up there. I was surprised as well since It's pretty much the newest and most popular fighting game right now it should have had a Sunday showing. Oh well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

That's why I put the schedule up there. I was surprised as well since It's pretty much the newest and most popular fighting game right now it should have had a Sunday showing. Oh well!

Haha no yeah you presented the information and I blew it. 

 

I would appreciate an entire new approach to fighting game announcing. I would like them to calm the hell down on most matches and elevate the tenor when the matches and the moment actually requires it. I also don't need (so many) INSTANT comments of what just happened (NICE COUNTER, OH HE MISSED THE PUNISH), etc. I dunno, maybe that stuff is interesting to people who know fighting games in and out, but it is just so unapproachable to an average fan like me. 

 

I would like the announcer to discuss the big picture of the match - what broad strategies are being implemented, what adjustments are then being made, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I would like the announcer to discuss the big picture of the match - what broad strategies are being implemented, what adjustments are then being made, etc. 

 

That works for a boxing match but when the game is over in less than a minute there's not too much you can say.

I'd say James Chen probably offers the most insight like that though, he's less of a hype announcer and more of a theory guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who hyped themselves up about not caring about seeing smash, I watched a fair amount of top 8 but had to go to work so I missed the last few final matches and then got kinda bummed I didn’t see it since I got so invested in it. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I ended up going back and watching it. Nice to see the underdog (?) win, even if it was 1 vs 2 or losers vs winners or whatever. Plus with the events over this weekend a Mexican being the champion is even sweeter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't wanna make a new thread specifically so I figured I'd ask in here:

 

Since I'm giving SFV a shot as my first online fighter, anyone in here currently playing it? I assume you can do direct matches with your friends etc.? I've only done random Ranked and Casual matches thus far and would like to try that out. I'm sure anyone would fucking crush me but still curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

Since I'm giving SFV a shot as my first online fighter, anyone in here currently playing it? I assume you can do direct matches with your friends etc.? I've only done random Ranked and Casual matches thus far and would like to try that out. I'm sure anyone would fucking crush me but still curious.

 

You can create online private lobbies with friends yes.

I'm not currently playing it and haven't played it in a while so I guess I'd be as good as you. I'd have to re-install it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

You can create online private lobbies with friends yes.

I'm not currently playing it and haven't played it in a while so I guess I'd be as good as you. I'd have to re-install it though.

If you do, shoot me a message and we can attempt to kick each others' asses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...