Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodporne

Movies The Lighthouse (Robert Eggers/The Witch) - Official A24 Trailer

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

New Halloween was the perfect way to borrow from the original source and what made it great while giving it a fun new twist that makes you watch the movie in a whole new way once it happens. Only horror movie better last year was Mandy

That's just flat out wrong. The movie was all homage, while elevating NOTHING... except for Michael Meyers' speed off camera. 

 

Also, best horror film from last year was far and away Hereditary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

New Halloween was the perfect way to borrow from the original source and what made it great while giving it a fun new twist that makes you watch the movie in a whole new way once it happens. Only horror movie better last year was Mandy

 

I still haven't seen Mandy yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Emblazon said:

That's just flat out wrong. The movie was all homage, while elevating NOTHING... except for Michael Meyers' speed off camera. 

 

Also, best horror film from last year was far and away Hereditary. 

 

Hereditary was good but not as great as this board would like everyone to think. 

 

And yeah, the whole point of Halloween was a “rehappening” of the events.  Michael went back to being a force, more of an animal instinct and thus became predictable. Lori uses that to flip the whole thing on him. In actuality she was hunting him.  It’s the perfect way to revisit and get audience familiar again with a 40 year old character that’s been constantly ruined ever since his debut. Sets them up perfectly to move forward. 

 

Sorry you didn’t like it, maybe check out the Rob Zombie Halloween movies. They might be more your speed 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they just spoil the movie by showing

Spoiler

that decapitated head? Is Pattinson alone on an island thinking he's talking to a living Dafoe?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Did they just spoil the movie by showing

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Come on, man, you're better than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Come on, man, you're better than that. 

Fucking hell, I didn't watch the trailer in fear of spoilers, why'd I come in here! ARGH (not the pirate one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bloodporne said:

Fucking hell, I didn't watch the trailer in fear of spoilers, why'd I come in here! ARGH (not the pirate one)

That's precisely why I edited that as soon as I saw it--not everyone is going to or wants to watch every trailer put out, especially in this day and age of revealing everything in the trailer. 

 

Please be mindful of not only actual spoilers, but possible spoilers as well. :peace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

That's precisely why I edited that as soon as I saw it--not everyone is going to or wants to watch every trailer put out, especially in this day and age of revealing everything in the trailer. 

 

Please be mindful of not only actual spoilers, but possible spoilers as well. :peace:

It's crazier to me that they put shit like that IN the trailer, whatever it may be ultimately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, my bad about not tagging the spoilers (which is more guessing than it is a spoiler). But still, you're gonna avoid watching trailers so you don't see spoilers while at the same time reading a thread which specifically is made to show and talk about the trailer???

 

:vortex:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Yea, my bad about not tagging the spoilers (which is more guessing than it is a spoiler). But still, you're gonna avoid watching trailers so you don't see spoilers while at the same time reading a thread which specifically is made to show and talk about the trailer???

 

:vortex:

I mean you're right but quite often on this forum, further information on the same release may go into a previous trailer thread etc. 

 

In other words, I'll check any thread on a movie/game I'm interested in because often the conversation and/or info in it won't be specifically about the trailer for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or we could all lean into the notion that spoilers are something to be completely indifferent to. :p It’s a better way to live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Or we could all lean into the notion that spoilers are something to be completely indifferent to. :p It’s a better way to live.

:wat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

:wat:

I forget what movie it was, but it was something I was really looking forward to. It got spoiled despite the lengths I went to to avoid that happening but I realized... I didn’t care. In hindsight, it makes sense... for things I love, repeated experiences are always more enjoyable than the first consumption.

 

That’s not to say I don’t appreciate going into something cold, and I don’t go out of my way to consume spoilers... I just do not care at all about something being spoiled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I forget what movie it was, but it was something I was really looking forward to. It got spoiled despite the lengths I went to to avoid that happening but I realized... I didn’t care. In hindsight, it makes sense... for things I love, repeated experiences are always more enjoyable than the first consumption.

 

That’s not to say I don’t appreciate going into something cold, and I don’t go out of my way to consume spoilers... I just do not care at all about something being spoiled.

Depends on the type of story it is. This particular example, at least for me, right now lives on a certain amount of surprise for my first viewing. It's not a big deal at all and I'm honestly only still talking about it for the sake of the conversation. Who knows what the fuck it even is in context of the movie. 

 

That being said, I can't wait to watch this one, oh boy oh boy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I forget what movie it was, but it was something I was really looking forward to. It got spoiled despite the lengths I went to to avoid that happening but I realized... I didn’t care. In hindsight, it makes sense... for things I love, repeated experiences are always more enjoyable than the first consumption.

 

That’s not to say I don’t appreciate going into something cold, and I don’t go out of my way to consume spoilers... I just do not care at all about something being spoiled.

I disagree. The first time I watch something is usually the most enjoyable for me. Even movies I’ve watched tons of times. I still love watching it but the first time seeing it was the best. I’ve watched Hereditary several times and it’s amazing to me. But nothing compares to the first time I watched it. Though there are times when my opinion on a movie changes or I find new ways to appreciate it. Those times are uncommon though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Or we could all lean into the notion that spoilers are something to be completely indifferent to. :p It’s a better way to live.

 

I mean yeah, you can’t tell me that some movies are simply better to go into not knowing the outucome.

 

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is the perfect example of that.

 

I get that people are often way too spoilerphobic, and I find them crazy, but people who go so far in the other direction and say that spoilers never detract from the experience whatsoever are equally insane. :p

 

I take a middle ground where I purposefully make sure I don’t spoil something for myself, but if I accidentally get spoiled then I just shrug it off. I won’t watch this trailer simply because indie movies are simply more enjoyable to go into blind. If I know a movie is supposed to be good I’ll see it regardless.  But if I happen to see this trailer at my local theater in the meantime, I won’t sweat it. It’s simply a preference for me, but not a strict one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 10:22 PM, sexy_shapiro said:

 

I mean yeah, you can’t tell me that some movies are simply better to go into not knowing the outucome.

 

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is the perfect example of that.

I honestly don’t know that I agree. 
 

I haven’t seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood so I cannot comment there. 
 

But in general, for me personally... repeated viewings (or readings or listenings, etc) of something I enjoy are always more enjoyable the second time around. For example I can’t wait for Knives Out to come out for home release, and I know I’ll like it more this time around. And there have definitely been times where knowing how something goes has saved me the time of consuming it to begin with. 
 

So for me personally, I’m indifferent to spoilers. The effort it would take to avoid them isn’t worth the benefit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

I honestly don’t know that I agree. 
 

I haven’t seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood so I cannot comment there. 
 

But in general, for me personally... repeated viewings (or readings or listenings, etc) of something I enjoy are always more enjoyable the second time around. For example I can’t wait for Knives Out to come out for home release, and I know I’ll like it more this time around. And there have definitely been times where knowing how something goes has saved me the time of consuming it to begin with. 
 

So for me personally, I’m indifferent to spoilers. The effort it would take to avoid them isn’t worth the benefit. 

it doesnt even take much effort unless you're waiting a while to see a BIG movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, johnny said:

it doesnt even take much effort unless you're waiting a while to see a BIG movie. 

Youtube knows me well enough to know what I'm into, and spoiler thumbnails are everywhere.

 

Not being on youtube at all near when something I'm interested in is coming out IS too much effort. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...