What beer or liquor have you drank recently

Remarkableriots

6 hours ago, Jason said:

And you've never seen a six pack ring like that?

I haven't either. I've seen some that are made of paper or cardboard so as to be more eco-friendly, but these appear to be plastic as well. Are they just meant to be easier to remove, or what's the advantage? Is it just that they're solid on top so an animal is less likely to get stuck in them?  

I'm having a Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA

commodore-fixed_1.png?itok=s17Bfb8k

It's not as good as I was hoping. Great Lakes is one of my favorite mid-sized craft breweries; their stuff ranges from serviceable (Dortmund Gold Lager, Elliot Ness Amber Ale) to good (Burning River Pale Ale) to great (Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Christmas Ale), but I would classify this on the lower end of serviceable. Each sip starts with the slightest hint of citrus, giving way to bitterness, then a somewhat unpleasant metallic after-taste. It's not terrible (I'll still drink the other two from the pack), but as much as I hate how dominant IPAs are, I think it's hard to deny that IPAs from breweries that don't specialize in IPAs tend to be very hit or miss.

2.5/5

15 hours ago, Chris- said:

I'm having a Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA

commodore-fixed_1.png?itok=s17Bfb8k

It's not as good as I was hoping. Great Lakes is one of my favorite mid-sized craft breweries; their stuff ranges from serviceable (Dortmund Gold Lager, Elliot Ness Amber Ale) to good (Burning River Pale Ale) to great (Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Christmas Ale), but I would classify this on the lower end of serviceable. Each sip starts with the slightest hint of citrus, giving way to bitterness, then a somewhat unpleasant metallic after-taste. It's not terrible (I'll still drink the other two from the pack), but as much as I hate how dominant IPAs are, I think it's hard to deny that IPAs from breweries that don't specialize in IPAs tend to be very hit or miss.

2.5/5

Nice to see someone else appreciate the greatness of GL's Christmas Ale. 

13 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I did not consume any alcohol my entire time in Chicago. It was either water or Pepsi/Coke. Heathens up there don't seen to have much Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper is everywhere here. It's just not the main soda. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

I need to pick up some beer on the way home. Fridge is empty and it’s nice to have a cold beer ready when you want one. Any recommendations for a good IPA? Might go with VooDoo Ranger Juicy Haze. That was pretty good. 

Stone Delicious IPA is one of the few mass-produced ones I like these days.

• Thanks 1

Bought me a 6 pack of Victory Sour Monkey this past weekend.

Victory-Sour-Monkey-6PK-12OZ-BTL.png?v=1

My friend bought a bottle of Dansk Mjød Viking Blod. It's a only the second Mead I have tried but it's pretty darn good. It has a scent of honey and very sweat then you get hit with a whiskey like taste after wards. Would drink again.

9359.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

You peeps need to drink more vino. I had a nice Portuguese blend last night. Portuguese wine is such great value.

I love wine, but I find it harder to get into because the branding is poor outside of the major wineries, which makes it harder to track who or what you are buying. Like I could tell you what I think of Prophecy or Ravenswood, but anything that lacks major branding? I wouldn't be able to recall how it was. Plus wine is just harder to appreciate.

37 minutes ago, Jose said:

You peeps need to drink more vino. I had a nice Portuguese blend last night. Portuguese wine is such great value.

Me and my lady drink a ton of wine... I had a nice glass of Cabernet last night to finish the night off after the whiskey :p 

This is one of our current favs right now

https://goo.gl/images/Uc6QBM

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

I love wine, but I find it harder to get into because the branding is poor outside of the major wineries, which makes it harder to track who or what you are buying. Like I could tell you what I think of Prophecy or Ravenswood, but anything that lacks major branding? I wouldn't be able to recall how it was. Plus wine is just harder to appreciate.

Wine definitely has a learning curve, but once you're in, you're hooked. But I guess it was different for me since wine has been at every single meal with my family in my life. Eating without wine in Spain is literally inconceivable. 

I would say start with learning the grapes. Even if they all seem the same to you at first once you taste enough, you will start to notice distinctions eventually.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Me and my lady drink a ton of wine... I had a nice glass of Cabernet last night to finish the night off after the whiskey :p 

This is one of our current favs right now

https://goo.gl/images/Uc6QBM

It's mostly zinfandel right? Seems like for that high of a price tag it's probably a super high alcohol (15% or higher) wine that is bordering on candy sweet (zinfandels arent sweet like a moscato per se, but they have high residual sugar content). For 40 bucks, I could recommend way better wine than that brah!.

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

It's zinfandel right? Seems like for that high of a rice tag it's probably a super high alcohol (15% or higher) wine that is bordering on candy sweet (zinfandels arent sweet like a moscato per se, but they have high residual sugar content). For 40 bucks, I could recommend way better wine than that brah!.

It's a Red blend and it's damn good. I had it at our company Christmas party 6 or 7 years ago and it's blown up in popularity since. When me and the lady were in NYC last month we had a bottle with friends. Everyone loves it. I came across this article when I was searching for stores that sold it in Manhattan.

https://vinepair.com/articles/prisoner-wine-red-blend-history/

It's a damn good bottle of Wine and worth the 35-40 bucks in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's a Red blend and it's damn good. I had it at our company Christmas party 6 or 7 years ago and it's blown up in popularity since. When me and the lady were in NYC last month we had a bottle with friends. Everyone loves it. I came across this article when I was searching for stores that sold it in Manhattan.

https://vinepair.com/articles/prisoner-wine-red-blend-history/

It's a damn good bottle of Wine and worth the 35-40 bucks in my opinion.

It's mostly zinfandel as the article indicates. I'm sure it's damn tasty, but that price is way inflated by the brand's popularity.