Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Remarkableriots

What beer or liquor have you drank recently

Recommended Posts

It’s amazing to think of how far the beer industry has come in the last 10 years, I remember back in the day @Jason acting like Arrogant Bastard Ale was this super complex, master crafted beer, and now if you hyped it up that much nerds on Untappd would be like, ‘You must live in the boonies with no good breweries around’ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(I think Arrogant Bastard Ale is great BTW, that is besides the point)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris- said:

It’s amazing to think of how far the beer industry has come in the last 10 years, I remember back in the day @Jason acting like Arrogant Bastard Ale was this super complex, master crafted beer, and now if you hyped it up that much nerds on Untappd would be like, ‘You must live in the boonies with no good breweries around’ 

I try and get a different 6 pack every time I go out to the store, too many options now which is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chris- said:

It’s amazing to think of how far the beer industry has come in the last 10 years, I remember back in the day @Jason acting like Arrogant Bastard Ale was this super complex, master crafted beer, and now if you hyped it up that much nerds on Untappd would be like, ‘You must live in the boonies with no good breweries around’ 

 

It's amazing how much the baseline availability has come up, now you can get Lagunitas in CVS, even grocery stores with crappy selections will probably have something decent enough (like Sierra Nevada)...you used to have to really know which stores randomly happened to carry what if you didn't have a solid craft beer store around and would get stuck with mostly just the Bud/Miller/Coors/Guinness/Newcastle kind of selection otherwise. Like I remember in college there was a specific grocery store you had to hit up if you wanted Ommegang.

 

It's also amazing how much easier it is to get fresh IPA than it was back when Stone started by the Enjoy By series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back when I could drink beer, Dogfish Head was basically seen as gourmet. Now it's like, meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe said:

Back when I could drink beer, Dogfish Head was basically seen as gourmet. Now it's like, meh.

 

Why did you go from Jose to Joe doe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

Why did you go from Jose to Joe doe.

 

Jose is my legal name, but I hate how ethnic it makes me seem to people that do not know me. Almost everyone irl calls me Joe, not Jose. I was joe on IGN, but went with Jose initially here because xif's crazy ass chose joe. He's gone now, so I have made my return!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, Emblazon said:

Almost? I've have my favorite pumpkin beer for a few weeks now. :D

You guys love pumpkin beer too???? :hug:

 

they don’t sell it in my country til October :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

You guys love pumpkin beer too???? :hug:

 

they don’t sell it in my country til October :(

I live for good Pumpkin beer. It’s almost that time of year, too! Wisconsin’s Whole Hog Pumpkin is still, hands down, the best pumpkin beer I’ve ever had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I live for good Pumpkin beer. It’s almost that time of year, too! Wisconsin’s Whole Hog Pumpkin is still, hands down, the best pumpkin beer I’ve ever had. 

Ohhhh, I’ll have to remember that for 2022 when I can finally visit!  We’ve got a couple decent local brews.  I like the less pie like ones that are more muted but who am I kidding, I love them all!  I hold them wholly responsible for the weight gain I get in the fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Joe said:

Back when I could drink beer, Dogfish Head was basically seen as gourmet. Now it's like, meh.

 

Dogfish Head still good tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 9:13 PM, BlueAngel said:

20200720-211222.jpg

 

It's hot as balls Corona is refreshing right now.

Did you ever have Corona Familiar? I kept seeing it in stores but hadn't tried it. Searching online didn't give the clearest answer what it was and I found conflicting info on some beer forums with people saying different things. The general consensus I found was that it's like Extra but has just a little bit of a bolder/stronger taste. Maybe a tiny bit more alcohol.

Anyways I picked up a 12 pack and love it. Like you said, it could be the heat outside but they go down pretty smooth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Did you ever have Corona Familiar? I kept seeing it in stores but hadn't tried it. Searching online didn't give the clearest answer what it was and I found conflicting info on some beer forums with people saying different things. The general consensus I found was that it's like Extra but has just a little bit of a bolder/stronger taste. Maybe a tiny bit more alcohol.

Anyways I picked up a 12 pack and love it. Like you said, it could be the heat outside but they go down pretty smooth. 

I've seen it but never had it, thought it was just regular corona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I'm a super basic bitch for anything and everything pumpkin flavored.

 

ftfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Dogfish Head still good tho.

 

It is, and I love what they've been doing with stuff like Sea Quench and Slightly Mighty, but even their new/experimental releases don't get the new hotness buzz like they used to.

 

Plus I've been drinking a lot less beer so if my options are a DFH I've had a ton of times and a new fresh IPA, why am I going with the DFH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

Dogfish Head still good tho.

 

Meh in the sense that it's old news. Raison D'Etre used to be my absolute favorite beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Joe said:

 

Meh in the sense that it's old news. Raison D'Etre used to be my absolute favorite beer.

You need to hunt down some Aurochs bro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chris- said:

You need to hunt down some Aurochs bro. 

 

I would drink loads of it if I could find it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...