What beer or liquor have you drank recently

Remarkableriots

• 2 weeks later...

Currently putting down a Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Also ended up impulse purchasing this sucker, since it was right next to the register:

KIB0Y70.jpg

Thinking I'm going to let it age a bit; I've never had BCBS (and feel *slightly* dirty supporting a Brazilian conglomerate), but I'm interested to see how it holds up compared to the remaining 2016 KBS in my fridge.

• Like 1

I'm not the biggest fan of the Voodoo Ranger IPA I bought. It's alright, I just find it has more of a bitter taste and not much else.  The Hemperor is freaking me out haha. It's an HPA. My wife popped the cap off and I was about 4 ft away and I suddenly got the strongest scent of weed in the air. She loves it. I can't tell if I like it yet. The Mad Elf is definitely my favorite out of my small haul. Tastes so good. 11% ABV too. 

L1wh40O.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jose said:

Monastrell is Spain's version of over-oaked Cali Cab. For the price, you can't go wrong though.

Wha?

Monastrell is the Spanish-native version of Mourvedre, which is pretty common in Southern Rhone GSM blends like Chateauneuf du Pape.  Shows up in quite a few Cali wines (more Santa Barbera/Santa Ynez than Napa/Sonoma from what I've seen), although there are quite a few that bottle it as a single varietal as opposed to a blend.

I've had some that were drier than others, but the vast majority have been considerably more fruit-forward and less tannic than most California Cabernets.

2 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

Wha?

Monastrell is the Spanish-native version of Mourvedre, which is pretty common in Southern Rhone GSM blends like Chateauneuf du Pape.  Shows up in quite a few Cali wines (more Santa Barbera/Santa Ynez than Napa/Sonoma from what I've seen), although there are quite a few that bottle it as a single varietal as opposed to a blend.

I've had some that were drier than others, but the vast majority have been considerably more fruit-forward and less tannic than most California Cabernets.

I dunno, are you sure you tried Monastrell from Jumilla? All the ones I have tried have been high alcohol, over-oaked, and massively tannic. They're not as sweet as cheap Cali Cab can be though, so I am thankful for that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My father brought me back some Pusser's Blue Label Rum from the States and I went to open it and the cork disintegrated. :(

He used a wine cork remover to get most of the cork out and then I fished out most the bits that fell in but there's still at least one piece in the bottle. It seems fine but I can't tell if the flavor is just the rum or a bit of rotten cork. I put some cling wrap with an elastic band to seal the bottle but I'll probably be finishing the bottle quickly. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...