What beer or liquor have you drank recently

Remarkableriots

@Emblazon

Finally got around to trying the pumpkin ale. I was shocked how good the taste was. If you find any enjoyment out of pumpkin spice flavor this is legit. You were spot on about how it tastes like it smells. My wife isn't much of a beer drinker, the most she will ever get is Miller Lite. When she tried this her eyes got wide and was like :o. She immediately said the rest of the bottles were hers....so I'm going to have to buy more if I can. 

1Zaa5to.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 9:34 PM, Jason said:

sparkletini :lol:

@DarkStar189

@Jason

?

I mean I don't go out of my way to drink very often so I don't know what you find amusing other than the fact that you're intentionally trying to belittle someone with little experience drinking.  Then again, seeing how often you've always been a dick, should I be surprised?

22 hours ago, darkness35 said:

@DarkStar189

@Jason

?

I mean I don't go out of my way to drink very often so I don't know what you find amusing other than the fact that you're intentionally trying to belittle someone with little experience drinking.  Then again, seeing how often you've always been a dick, should I be surprised?

Trust me I'm no drink snob. I don't mind what people like. I was laughing more at the name sparkletini. I wouldn't touch the stuff personally... only because it sounds like something that would give me heartburn within 30 minutes haha. Certain fruity flavored drinks do that to me. 

40 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Saw where they have Crown Royale vanilla. Ever tried/had this @Boyle5150

My father was trying to find it for a long time. I'm not sure if he ever got to try it but he got some Jim Beam Vanilla which I tried a sip. It wasn't bad but I'm not a big fan of flavored stuff either except for the occasional cream liquor (ice cream, milk and cream liquor = prepare to pack on the pounds).

On 9/25/2018 at 7:36 PM, Chris- said:

Since @Jose likes to complain about the lack of wine, got these bad boys at the state store:

Uk3CZmU.jpg

No idea how good they are going to be, but one was $35 marked down to $10, and the other was $20 marked down to $10, so I guess we'll find out.

The Ancient Wisdom Cab isn’t bad, although I’m not a big single-varietal Cab fan. 

And to offer a few more wine offerings, here a few personal faves -

Michael David Inkblot Petit Verdot (2014)

Michael David Petit Petit - pretty common (this, along with their Freakshow label Cabs and blends show up in a lot of wine stores)

Andrew Murray Cinsault (2013)

Allegrini Classico Amarone Della Valpolicella (2013)  - I’m a huge fan of Amarones, and this one (along with Bertani 06/07) is a personal favorite. Bit pricey, so it’s usually saved for special occasions. 

Masi Campofiorin (2013) - great value option for an Amarone bottled using the same grape-drying method. 

Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Cheval Brun (2012)- still working on learning more about Bordeauxs (my preferences for French lean more toward Rhône region GSM blends, although truth be told, I’ve enjoyed more California GSM’s than French), but this one was sublime. 

@Jose- have you ever checked out any of the Wine Spectator shows in NYC?  Wife and I went earlier this year, and are thinking about going again in October. $350 or so is a great price to be able to sample 90+ point wines for 3+ hours. 

41 minutes ago, GoldenTongue said:

The Ancient Wisdom Cab isn’t bad, although I’m not a big single-varietal Cab fan. 

And to offer a few more wine offerings, here a few personal faves -

Michael David Inkblot Petit Verdot (2014)

Michael David Petit Petit - pretty common (this, along with their Freakshow label Cabs and blends show up in a lot of wine stores)

Andrew Murray Cinsault (2013)

Allegrini Classico Amarone Della Valpolicella (2013)  - I’m a huge fan of Amarones, and this one (along with Bertani 06/07) is a personal favorite. Bit pricey, so it’s usually saved for special occasions. 

Masi Campofiorin (2013) - great value option for an Amarone bottled using the same grape-drying method. 

Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Cheval Brun (2012)- still working on learning more about Bordeauxs (my preferences for French lean more toward Rhône region GSM blends, although truth be told, I’ve enjoyed more California GSM’s than French), but this one was sublime. 

@Jose- have you ever checked out any of the Wine Spectator shows in NYC?  Wife and I went earlier this year, and are thinking about going again in October. $350 or so is a great price to be able to sample 90+ point wines for 3+ hours. 

I got into one for free with a cousin of mine and it was awesome. Too focused on Napa Cabs I felt, though, even if they were excellent Napa Cabs (not the syrupy garbage we are used to).

56 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

We just got a log of Dogfish Fruit Fort at my bar. 18% port wine beer with a lot of different berries. DELICIOUS! So much better than I thought it would be. Def has more of a wine flavor than beer but for the % there isn’t much burn. Really good. 

I bought Fruit-Full Fort a couple of weeks ago and my immediate reaction was that it's too hot. I shared it with a couple of people and one person agreed with my assessment that there's a good beer hiding underneath the alcohol. I brought it home and am going to sit on the other two bottles for six months before trying it again.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I bought Fruit-Full Fort a couple of weeks ago and my immediate reaction was that it's too hot. I shared it with a couple of people and one person agreed with my assessment that there's a good beer hiding underneath the alcohol. I brought it home and am going to sit on the other two bottles for six months before trying it again.

Huh I’m kind of surprised because my initial reaction was how smooth I thought it was despite the abv. Maybe a big difference in bottle/draft? Usually I hate high abvs so I was surprised by this one.