What beer or liquor have you drank recently

Remarkableriots

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

@The def star I found the Voo Doom Ranger that you were talking about. Picked up another 6 since I really enjoyed the Juicy Haze. But I just noticed that the Juicy Haze was 7.5% ABV and the Imperial IPA is 9% ABV.  Omg that is gonna get me buzzed. :]   

I always go for the tasty higher ABV beers. Means I drink less and have a good buzz :twothumbsup:

The Woot Stout is 11.5% :drool:

All I have is some 312 right now. But it's about pumpkin ale season (starts mid-late July), and the best of them usually comes out first from Wisconsin--Steven's Point Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale. It's darker than most pumpkins, but it's fucking spectacular. 

My runner up pumpkin is from St. Louis--Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. 

Southern Tier's Pumking used to be my favorite, but the quality control year to year is atrocious, and it hasn't been good in about 5 years. 

8 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

All I have is some 312 right now. But it's about pumpkin ale season (starts mid-late July), and the best of them usually comes out first from Wisconsin--Steven's Point Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale. It's darker than most pumpkins, but it's fucking spectacular. 

My runner up pumpkin is from St. Louis--Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. 

Southern Tier's Pumking used to be my favorite, but the quality control year to year is atrocious, and it hasn't been good in about 5 years. 

Never tried this but you seem to really enjoy it every year around Halloween. Maybe this will be the year I take the plunge. 

9 hours ago, Biggie said:

Never tried this but you seem to really enjoy it every year around Halloween. Maybe this will be the year I take the plunge. 

By Halloween there won't be any pumpkin ales left. 

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

Pumpkin beers are obscenely overrated.

Shitty ones, absolutely. 

12 hours ago, Biggie said:

I saw that Goose Island vanilla tonight but hesitated and didn’t buy it. I love vanilla flavor so you’re saying its pretty good huh?

If you saw a BCBS in the Vanilla variant and didnt buy it...youre insane!! stop what youre doing and go buy it immediately. 

Very tough to find that in NY. When I have seen it its like $30+ for one bottle. 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

If you saw a BCBS in the Vanilla variant and didnt buy it...youre insane!! stop what youre doing and go buy it immediately. 

Very tough to find that in NY. When I have seen it its like $30+ for one bottle. 

I’ll have to go back and make sure. It was vanilla. 

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

Pumpkin beers are obscenely overrated.

Shipyard from Maine releases Pumpkinhead which is now mass-produced and available basically everywhere. Prior to that happening when it was brewed and bottled on a small scale it was actually really fucking good. It use to sell out instantly around me. People would get on line for it like some IPA can release. Now its in every supermarket and 7-11s and just does not taste the same anymore. 

They do have another one called Smashed Pumpkin, which is still brewed in small batches and is really good. Other than that, the only "Fall" beer I like is Southern Tier Warlock. All the rest are pretty much garbage. 

Another one of my favorite seasonals is Great Lakes Christmas Ale. 

Hoppin' Frog makes good Pumpkin and Christmas ales. 

Sierra Nevada makes garbage. Their Cherry Wheat Winter Ale is honestly the worst beer I've ever had. I'd rather drink pints of Robitussin. 

39 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Last weekend’s beer was Stone Tangerine Express - 2.5/5

Check the brewed-on date next time; Stone makes the brewed-on date easy to find (right below the neck on the bottles, and on the bottom for the cans). Tangerine Express is one of their beers that (compared to their one-offs) you're more likely to get after it's been sitting on the shelf for a while instead of fresh.

17 hours ago, Biggie said:

That Woot Stout does it have a chocolate flavor? I saw that tonight also. 

As far as my taste buds could tell there was no hint of chocolate. Its ingredient say it's pecan, wheat and rye aged in Bourbon barrel which is quite tasty. If you want chocolate try one of the ones I recommended. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The def star said:

As far as my taste buds could tell there was no hint of chocolate. Its ingredient say it's pecan, wheat and rye aged in Bourbon barrel which is quite tasty. If you want chocolate try one of the ones I recommended. 

I looked for those but they are nowhere to be found here. :sadsun:

23 hours ago, Jason said:

Check the brewed-on date next time; Stone makes the brewed-on date easy to find (right below the neck on the bottles, and on the bottom for the cans). Tangerine Express is one of their beers that (compared to their one-offs) you're more likely to get after it's been sitting on the shelf for a while instead of fresh.

I've never had a Stone beer that I've enjoyed.