~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Remarkableriots

What beer or liquor have you drank recently

On 11/14/2018 at 7:51 PM, Jose said:

I wasn't complaining btw! I've never known how to post pics lol. Thanks Emblazon!

We used to allow uploading pictures to the site but we have significantly less storage available on the Invision hosting so I suggested turning it off to avoid a crisis when we eventually ran up against our limit. 

I got this from my mother-in-law's kitchen. She doesn't drink wine so it's apparently been just collecting dust in a cabinet for almost 10 years. Think it'll be any good? I don't know much about wine.

DslMtGQWwAAf_vD.jpg

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Should be fine. I would strain and aerate it before drinking. 

What do you strain it with?

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

What do you strain it with?

I use an aerator that has a small mesh strainer. It catches the bigger sediment pieces which I dislike. If you like little to no sediment then you can use a cheese cloth or coffee filter. 

Currently putting down a Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Also ended up impulse purchasing this sucker, since it was right next to the register:

KIB0Y70.jpg

Thinking I'm going to let it age a bit; I've never had BCBS (and feel *slightly* dirty supporting a Brazilian conglomerate), but I'm interested to see how it holds up compared to the remaining 2016 KBS in my fridge.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Voodoo Ranger IPA I bought. It's alright, I just find it has more of a bitter taste and not much else.  The Hemperor is freaking me out haha. It's an HPA. My wife popped the cap off and I was about 4 ft away and I suddenly got the strongest scent of weed in the air. She loves it. I can't tell if I like it yet. The Mad Elf is definitely my favorite out of my small haul. Tastes so good. 11% ABV too. 

L1wh40O.jpg

I put that Hemoprer on tap at my bar when it first came out.  I wanted it to be good so bad but it's really not much more than a gimmick beer.

Hemp beer I'm cautious about. I haven't tried any yet but if it smells like weed I'm not sure I'm gonna like it. I don't like the smell of weed like some people do. I also hate the weed after taste like on edibles so hopefully it doesn't have that either.

On 12/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, Mercury33 said:

I put that Hemoprer on tap at my bar when it first came out.  I wanted it to be good so bad but it's really not much more than a gimmick beer.

Force everybody that comes over to drink it!

I've been picking a random beer every week and I ended up with this along with more Mad Elf. Mad Elf is currently my favorite but tonight is Joose Juice. Not amazing but not bad. And it's brewed about 2 miles from my house haha. 

S3LvqmO.jpg

Monastrell is Spain's version of over-oaked Cali Cab. For the price, you can't go wrong though.

15 hours ago, Jose said:

Monastrell is Spain's version of over-oaked Cali Cab. For the price, you can't go wrong though.

Wha?

Monastrell is the Spanish-native version of Mourvedre, which is pretty common in Southern Rhone GSM blends like Chateauneuf du Pape.  Shows up in quite a few Cali wines (more Santa Barbera/Santa Ynez than Napa/Sonoma from what I've seen), although there are quite a few that bottle it as a single varietal as opposed to a blend.

I've had some that were drier than others, but the vast majority have been considerably more fruit-forward and less tannic than most California Cabernets.

2 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

Wha?

Monastrell is the Spanish-native version of Mourvedre, which is pretty common in Southern Rhone GSM blends like Chateauneuf du Pape.  Shows up in quite a few Cali wines (more Santa Barbera/Santa Ynez than Napa/Sonoma from what I've seen), although there are quite a few that bottle it as a single varietal as opposed to a blend.

I've had some that were drier than others, but the vast majority have been considerably more fruit-forward and less tannic than most California Cabernets.

I dunno, are you sure you tried Monastrell from Jumilla? All the ones I have tried have been high alcohol, over-oaked, and massively tannic. They're not as sweet as cheap Cali Cab can be though, so I am thankful for that. 

Having some Goose Island Matilda right now. Goose Island's premium beers are sooo smooth. 

My father brought me back some Pusser's Blue Label Rum from the States and I went to open it and the cork disintegrated. :(

He used a wine cork remover to get most of the cork out and then I fished out most the bits that fell in but there's still at least one piece in the bottle. It seems fine but I can't tell if the flavor is just the rum or a bit of rotten cork. I put some cling wrap with an elastic band to seal the bottle but I'll probably be finishing the bottle quickly. :(