The King's Man Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Official Trailer 2)

In 2020, they will become kings. Watch the new teaser trailer for The King's Man now. See the film in theatres February 14, 2020.

As a collection of history's worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them. Discover the origins of the very first independent intelligence agency in The King's Man.

Director: Matthew Vaughn
Based on the Comic Book “The Secret Service” by Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons
Produced by: Matthew Vaughn, David Reid, Adam Bohling
Cast:  Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Harris Dickinson, Daniel Brühl, with Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance

spacer.png

Hopefully it's more like the first movie and not like the second movie. I didn't even know Matthew Vaughn could make a bad movie until Kingsman: The Golden Circle. What's weird is this is the very first movie Matthew Vaughn is directing that he and his writing partner Jane Goldman aren't writing. Not sure if that will help or hurt this film.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Hopefully it's more like the first movie and not like the second movie. I didn't even know Matthew Vaughn could make a bad movie until Kingsman: The Golden Circle. What's weird is this is the very first movie Matthew Vaughn is directing that he and his writing partner Jane Goldman aren't writing. Not sure if that will help or hurt this film.

First one was definitely the better film, but I still found Golden Circle entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Golden Circle was great. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

First one was definitely the better film, but I still found Golden Circle entertaining. 

The Golden Circle was . . . fine. It had a lot of gross jokes and humor (that weren't funny) and it was overstuffed to the gills with endless action and plot, all sound and fury signifying little. Originally Vaughn wanted to make The Golden Circle into two films, and you can easily sense that when watching it. I guess I should have been clear - it's not a bad film, it's just not the level of quality I expect from Matthew Vaughn is all. 

21 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The Golden Circle was . . . fine. It had a lot of gross jokes and humor (that weren't funny) and it was overstuffed to the gills with endless action and plot, all sound and fury signifying little. Originally Vaughn wanted to make The Golden Circle into two films, and you can easily sense that when watching it. I guess I should have been clear - it's not a bad film, it's just not the level of quality I expect from Matthew Vaughn is all. 

Same thoughts from me. Disappointing more than anything.

I like the tone, hopefully the actual movie keeps this.  I was disappointed in the Golden Circle as well.  It really wasn't a movie to me.  They just took everything that got a huge pop or reaction from the first film and tried to one-up themselves in the second, with no connective tissue in between to make me actually care about what's happening.

9 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Is a teaser trailer a new thing? I thought it was one or the other. 

There are two types of trailers, teasers and full, though these are pretty squishy distinctions.

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

76% is bad

Not to me. Plenty of fantastic movies get a 76% on Rottentomatoes. A 6.78 average score is the more relevant score, and that is pretty good. Not to mention the audience score is even higher, at 86% (after 468,000 votes no less) and it also has an insanely high 7.7/10 after 239,000 votes on IMDb. In no world are all of these put together considered a "bad" movie, which is what I said I didn't know Vaughn was even capable of making until The Golden Circle, so Stardust doesn't work as a counter example. If you think any movie below, what? An 80% on Rottentomatoes and less than an 8.0 on IMDb is bad then you will miss a bunch of good movies. 

17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Not to me. Plenty of fantastic movies get a 76% on Rottentomatoes. A 6.78 average score is the more relevant score, and that is pretty good. Not to mention the audience score is even higher, at 86% (after 468,000 votes no less) and it also has an insanely high 7.7/10 after 239,000 votes on IMDb. In no world are all of these put together considered a "bad" movie, which is what I said I didn't know Vaughn was even capable of making until The Golden Circle, so Stardust doesn't work as a counter example. If you think any movie below, what? An 80% on Rottentomatoes and less than an 8.0 on IMDb is bad then you will miss a bunch of good movies. 

I agree. I only said it was bad to stick by my argument! :p

Also it's hard to find a movie higher than an 8.0 on IMDB. :p

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I agree. I only said it was bad to stick by my argument! :p

Also it's hard to find a movie higher than an 8.0 on IMDB. :p

Haha then why start the argument! :p 

And yes it is hard to find films above 8.0 on IMDb, hence why a 7.7 is insanely high, agreed. :p 

• 2 months later...