I'm gonna miss you guys this week and next week

SaysWho?

On Wednesday, I'm going into @thewhyteboar's home turf as I visit Washington State, Oregon and @Scott's home turf in Montana. I'm so flippin' excited because I've never been to the Pacific Northwest, and the weather looks lovely. I'll be escaping the Florida humidity for so long that it's gonna hit me like a mountain of bricks when I return. :lol: 

I ain't gonna be posting as much, so this board better not explode while I'm gone. I'll be the judge of when this board goes under. :| 

But seriously, the west is undiscovered territory for me, save for Colorado which I've visited. I'm gone for 7 days but I've been planning the damn thing for 7 months, doing a little bit here, buying one ticket or reservation there to space out how much I'm paying at once, and looking up all possible things to do and when we should just slow down and explore. 

1 minute ago, thewhyteboar said:

PNW is the most beautiful place on earth. Go to Deception Pass park if you have a chance.

I don't think we're gonna have time to travel there and do it. We're staying reallllly close to Seattle and are gonna be there two days before going to Portland. We have the Space Needle booked for Monday evening, a possible ferry ride, and apparently this really great Chinese place that has a long line all the time. What do you know about this list?

Seattle Recommendations
Pike Place Market/ Downtown
    ⁃    first Starbucks isn’t really worth it unless you are really into that kind of stuff haha
    ⁃    gum wall: gross but also, you can’t look away
    ⁃    The market itself is a big labyrinth basically. Lots of different levels with tons of different little shops inside. The farmers market is great, and the flowers are gorgeous and CHEAP!
    ⁃    The pink door restaurant is a great Italian place, good for dinner. They have live entertainment usually, and on certain nights they have a trapeze show sort of thing. 
    ⁃    Purple Wine Bar has really good food and a huge wine selection. 
Seattle Center
    ⁃    MoPop is a super cool museum with music and pop culture stuff. I think they have a Marvel exhibit right now.
    ⁃    Space Needle. They have a new glass floor observation deck. If you really want to go up, I would go to the restaurant for brunch instead of paying to do the observation deck. I think it opened back up after the construction.
    ⁃    International fountain is behind the space needle right by the Amway center.
    ⁃    Chihuly Museum - skip it if you’ve seen the sculptures at Fairchild.
    ⁃    Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation does free guided tours, but I think they’re closed on Sundays.
    ⁃    Amazon Spheres. These are a brand new green space addition to amazon. I think they’re open to the public? 
Capitol Hill
    ⁃    Starbucks Reserve Roasting Room is about a 15-20 minute walk from pike place market. 
    ⁃    Elliot Bay Book Company is a really awesome book store.
    ⁃    Lots of bars and restaurants here!
Bainbridge Island
    ⁃    About a 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle. Really cute to walk around, lots of little wine tasting places, and THE BEST ICE CREAM EVER at Mora.
Woodland Park Zoo
    ⁃    I used to volunteer here in the family farm with the goats. It’s a great zoo!! This is north of downtown in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood.
    ⁃    The Rose Garden is right next to the zoo. It’s free to the public and also where Alex proposed to me!!
    ⁃    Right down the street is A la mode which is a really delicious pie shop.
Fremont
    ⁃    Theo Chocolate!!! Reserve a factory tour on their website! $10 for an hour long tour, tons of sample, and the best chocolate.
    ⁃    Fremont Troll
    ⁃    Fremont Brewing 
    ⁃    Caffe Vita has great coffee
Ballard
    ⁃    Our old stomping grounds! You can see our old apartment, AVA. And also the firestone across the street where I found a homeless man sleeping in my car 😂
    ⁃    Ballard Coffee Works is our favorite coffee place in Seattle!
    ⁃    Ballard Locks is really cool to watch the boats go through, and they have the salmon ladder too. 
    ⁃    Market Street has a bunch of shops and is just a nice place to walk around.
    ⁃    Pie Bar is Alex’s favorite place. They serve pie, and pie themed cocktails. They’re only open at night. 
    ⁃    Monkey Bridge has awesome Vietnamese food! 
    ⁃    Portage Bay Cafe is a great brunch spot. They take reservations on Yelp. If you go, make sure it’s the Ballard one, not U district.
    ⁃    Peddler is a great local brewery!
Wallingford
    ⁃    Also our old stomping grounds! We lived at Prescott. 
    ⁃    A muddy cup, also one of our favorite coffee shops!
    ⁃    45th stop and shop, best poke!!
    ⁃    Seattle pops, yummy popsicles!
    ⁃    Molly Moons has good ice cream. There is usually a line.
    ⁃    Djan’s has the best Thai food!!
U District
    ⁃    University of Washington has a gorgeous campus.
    ⁃    UVillage is a really nice outdoor mall. They have an amazon bookstore too which is pretty cool! 
    ⁃    Din tai Fung amazing dim sum, and soup dumplings!! There is always a long wait. 

13 hours ago, Rachel said:

Montana is 2 hours from me let’s hang out 

Probably can't happen, though it'd be cool. My friend and I are staying in Montana for about a day and a half and are going to explore all the surrounding areas, so we're likely not crossing the border from there. We may go to Canada while in Seattle.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I miss him already :( 

HOW?!

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

Prolly needed to feed their daily heroin habit 

Exactly what the officer said. Almost 100% he went to pawn it for meth or heroin or something.

We're going to the space needle tonight and I was looking forward to taking pictures from the top with it. Boooooo! 

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Beautiful state, horrible crime and shitty people. Next time come to California :peace:

I actually have liked just about everyone! I was in the San Francisco airport on a layover though! I saw recyclables and compostibles and wtf'd because I'm not used to seeing that. In fact I've never seen that out east.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Exactly what the officer said. Almost 100% he went to pawn it for meth or heroin or something.

We're going to the space needle tonight and I was looking forward to taking pictures from the top with it. Boooooo! 

I actually have liked just about everyone! I was in the San Francisco airport on a layover though! I saw recyclables and compostibles and wtf'd because I'm not used to seeing that. In fact I've never seen that out east.

We don’t have that on the east coast cause we are normal 

• Guillotine 1

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

It's weird for me not to see that.

• Shocked 1