No Time to Die (08 October 2021) - multiple reviews posted

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You didn't say anything different than I did. All of them change. M switched genders in the 90s. 007 is a designation, not something necessarily exclusive to James Bond.

Of course I said something different. JAMES BOND was the main character, always the main character. He didn't change, only the actor playing him. It wasn't Roger Moore playing James Bond, while Dalton played Doug Bagel or Daniel Craig played Salmon Humperdink. They were all playing James Bond.

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

Of course I said something different. JAMES BOND was the main character, always the main character. He didn't change, only the actor playing him. It wasn't Roger Moore playing James Bond, while Dalton played Doug Bagel or Daniel Craig played Salmon Humperdink. They were all playing James Bond.

You didn't; you just phrased it differently. James Bond still exists in this sequel according to the rumor; the 007 designation isn't his. You just said a new character could be 006 since the old one died; that means once the character is gone, the three digits are up for grabs.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

You didn't; you just phrased it differently. James Bond still exists in this sequel according to the rumor; the 007 designation isn't his. You just said a new character could be 006 since the old one died; that means once the character is gone, the three digits are up for grabs.

We obviously see it different so just agree to disagree. Fleming created James Bond as 007, the movies have always been about James Bond as 007, for 60+ years 007 has = James Bond so to me giving someone else the 007 designation just feels wrong. 

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

We obviously see it different so just agree to disagree. Fleming created James Bond as 007, the movies have always been about James Bond as 007, for 60+ years 007 has = James Bond so to me giving someone else the 007 designation just feels wrong. 

I think a 007 movie where a woman takes the mantle and the old 007 comes out of retirement and meets her could provide a story untouched in 60+ years and really cement that the designations are the only constant in the spy world. That's my take. I don't think you're sexist at all.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I think a 007 movie where a woman takes the mantle and the old 007 comes out of retirement and meets her could provide a story untouched in 60+ years and really cement that the designations are the only constant in the spy world. That's my take. I don't think you're sexist at all.

It very well could, doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. :p 

1 hour ago, prevail said:

Everyone knows that James Bond is a white male (preferably British) and it should always stay that way.

50 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

call me sexist all you want. James Bond should remain a guy. You want a female secret agent, fine, make an original one, even have her as part of the same world working for MI:6, make her 008 or 006. 

Cant we get one little morsel of shit out the way first? The article says she'd be the new 007, not a new James Bond. That doesn't even make sense.

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Cant we get one little morsel of shit out the way first? The article says she'd be the new 007, not a new James Bond. That doesn't even make sense.

I completely get that. I never said or thought she was becoming James Bond. But to me 007 has always been and always will be James Bond. 

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

I completely get that. I never said or thought she was becoming James Bond. But to me 007 has always been and always will be James Bond. 

I quoted a post in which you literally said James Bond should remain a guy. But I realize you clarified later.

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

I wanted Idris...

male or female... meh.. why not just another agent with a different designation... its almost a thing for the sake of attention.., either way its still a better idea than the Halle Berry Jynx spin-off

One word: Brand recognition.

Fuck you yes I know that's two words I just wanted to sound dramatic.

There's no guarantee that she will be in more movies than just this right? It seems like a plot point for this movie, James Bond meeting a new 007, but once Craig is officially done I don't doubt that they will find a new (male) actor for the role.

So anyone worried about the sky falling can chill out. :p

20 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

There's no guarantee that she will be in more movies than just this right? It seems like a plot point for this movie, James Bond meeting a new 007, but once Craig is officially done I don't doubt that they will find a new (male) actor for the role.

So anyone worried about the sky falling can chill out. :p

I'll concede that is a possibility, but we're talking Hollywood ...woke Hollywood. You can't tell me the possibility of them completely ####ing up a franchise isn't well within their wheelhouse. 

I think some people are jumping the gun thinking that her character will be the new 007 going forward after this movie. Unless her character is really popular, I think future movies will be sticking with James Bond. 

As Kal mentioned though, how many times are they going to have Bond retire?! 

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I think some people are jumping the gun thinking that her character will be the new 007 going forward after this movie. Unless her character is really popular, I think future movies will be sticking with James Bond. 

As Kal mentioned though, how many times are they going to have Bond retire?! 

I'll be the judge of who plays 007. :| 

• Shocked 1

14 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

call me sexist all you want. James Bond should remain a guy. You want a female secret agent, fine, make an original one, even have her as part of the same world working for MI:6, make her 008 or 006. 

james Bond is a guy, shes playing agent 007, not Bond. Read the article. Craig will be in this as James Bond. 

It is getting hard to get worked up over stunt casting anymore.  It's the 2019 way to grab headlines for a couple days.  Idris would have been great... who knew that when the time came to change up 007 he would not be a shocking enough selection to make the cut.

46 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

james Bond is a guy, shes playing agent 007, not Bond. Read the article. Craig will be in this as James Bond. 

Yes, and if you'd read all my posts you'd see that to me 007 will always be James Bond. After 60+ years anyone else as 007 is just wrong to me. But hey, that's me. I am sure plenty of others will feel different. 

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

Yes, and if you'd read all my posts you'd see that to me 007 will always be James Bond. After 60+ years anyone else as 007 is just wrong to me. But hey, that's me. I am sure plenty of others will feel different. 

I had only read the first page when I replied. 

I kinda agree with you, but at the same time I don't care at all.