No Time to Die (08 October 2021) - multiple reviews posted

Strangely, this originated from the Daily Mail, and everyone's picked up on it. So either they're talking to their own sources, or they could be jumping the gun because DM is suspect. Unconfirmed for now.

According to multiple outlets in the UK, the "Captain Marvel" star -- who played Brie Larson's best air force pal in the 2019 blockbuster -- will become the new 007 in what is being described as a "popcorn-dropping moment" in the franchise's 25th installment. 

The reports say that Daniel Craig -- who is still the same old James Bond we know and love -- is brought back from retirement at one point in the movie and introduced to Lashana's character, who's inherited his old code name. Supposedly, she keeps it too.

33999203d566465899bb8a6dee14dbbe_md.jpg

If true, at this point, I love it just so people can show their true colors. Bond needs to be updated anyway. I used to not think that, thinking Bond always needed to be a white man representing the aging and crumbling old British empire, a relic of that era, but particularly after Brexit, yeah, I think that's over. 

Yeah, we're done with that narrative either way. I look forward to Craig's last hurrah either way.

Best part? Incels getting angry once the movie is out that she treats men like sex objects in the movie. Being true to character, but not allowed if it's a woman amirite? I didn't mind it, because James Bond is an asshole, but remember when he used all those women in all those movies? Strap in people.

32 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

:lol:

Reading all the upcoming comments that the defenders and justifiers of this change is gonna be so great... so great :lol:

I literally wouldn't even remember you as being the guy associated with the bullshit in that one thread if you didn't insist on whining about it basically every post. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

:lol:

Reading all the upcoming comments that the defenders and justifiers of this change is gonna be so great... so great :lol:

You really are piece of work, aren't you?

How about this: seeing as how this is MY board, I might consider that the only posts that will be allowed will be those in favor of this change.  There are plenty of other places on the internet where it can be bitched about ad nauseum, but MY board ain't gonna be one of 'em.

Don't like it? The door is right over there - you can see yourself out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

You really are piece of work, aren't you?

How about this: seeing as how this is MY board, I might consider that the only posts that will be allowed will be those in favor of this change.  There are plenty of other places on the internet where it can be bitched about ad nauseum, but MY board ain't gonna be one of 'em.

Don't like it? The door is right over there - you can see yourself out.

I haven't said one thing in favor or against this news. But YOUR board is your board. And if other members here are gonna be allowed to troll and act like megalomanics against me for no reason and you wanna back them up, then there is nothing I can do.

By all means, if you feel like I can't be a part of this forum and a permaban or a time out (or whatever you feel the need for) happens - I won't at all feel bad for not being able to witness the glad handing people give each other here while you weed out users with different opinions than your own.

My fate is in your hands :bow:

5 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I haven't said one thing in favor or against this news. But YOUR board is your board. And if other members here are gonna be allowed to troll and act like megalomanics against me for no reason and you wanna back them up, then there is nothing I can do.

By all means, if you feel like I can't be a part of this forum and a permaban or a time out (or whatever you feel the need for) happens - I won't at all feel bad for not being able to witness the glad handing people give each other here while you weed out users with different opinions than your own.

My fate is in your hands :bow:

Your immediate reaction said all I needed to know about your initial feelings about this piece of "news" and you've repeatedly provided ample evidence in other cases.  No further elaboration on your part was necessary.

But, as long as we understand each other!

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Your immediate reaction said all I needed to know about your initial feelings about this piece of "news".  No further elaboration on your part was necessary.

But, as long as we understand each other!

I'm really impressed that the owner of these boards is also a wizard mind reader who knows initial feelings of users based off of a post they obviously didn't read or comprehend :p

And thank you for your mercy on me, oh lord :bow:

2 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

call me sexist all you want. James Bond should remain a guy. You want a female secret agent, fine, make an original one, even have her as part of the same world working for MI:6, make her 008 or 006. 

But 006 was already played by a man in Goldeneye.

4 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I'm really impressed that the owner of these boards is also a wizard mind reader who knows initial feelings of users based off of a post they obviously didn't read or comprehend :p

And thank you for your mercy on me, oh lord :bow:

What is there to comprehend about a post that essentially indicates a pre-disposition to "mock" the justifications of those who view this favorably?   It's not exactly a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

What is there to comprehend about a post that essentially indicates a pre-disposition to "mock" the justifications of those who view this favorably?   It's not exactly a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

The telling factor of your attacks against me is that an opposite vague opinion came before my post stating "I can't wait to hear the haters post about this," which you had no problems not mentioning when calling me out. So yea, either you didn't read this thread at all, don't care about opinions <vague as they be> as long as they line up with your own, or the crap-tacular "These are my boards and I'm a spoiled child" mentality of your post basically wants to squash any reasonable discussion about this news.

You seem to be lacking comprehension at this moment, oh great and powerful one :bow:

5 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

that may be how they spin it, but as someone who has watched Bond films all my life, 007 will always = James Bond, a movie that has anyone other than Bond as 007 just feels wrong to me. 

If the Bond films have shown anything, it's that 007, M, Moneypenny,  Q, Felix, etc. all change. It's always a different person under the same designation. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

No. While all of the ancillary characters have changed, 007 the central figure of all the movies, while being played by half a dozen different actors,  has always been James Bond.

You didn't say anything different than I did. All of them change. M switched genders in the 90s. 007 is a designation, not something necessarily exclusive to James Bond.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

For someone who refers to people who like the latest Star Wars movies as the KKK, IdeaOfEvil is picking a weird hill to die on.

It's not my choosing. Users either cried to SFLUFAN:bow: about my post (me posting at all) and he came here to flex power OR he really cares about this news more than anything else posted this month and decided to harass the thread :Dunno:

You, Kal, may be offended by me as a whole because I've called you out for being a glad-hander of the D1P forums in the past, but that doesn't excuse that I haven't said anything offensive in this thread at all yet I'm being harassed by the all mighty one:bow: over nothing

1 minute ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

It's not my choosing. Users either cried to SFLUFAN:bow: about my post (me posting at all) and he came here to flex power OR he really cares about this news more than anything else posted this month and decided to harass the thread :Dunno:

You, Kal, may be offended by me as a whole because I've called you out for being a glad-hander of the D1P forums in the past, but that doesn't excuse that I haven't said anything offensive in this thread at all yet I'm being harassed by the all mighty one:bow: over nothing

I assure you that the initiative is all mine!

• Haha 1