Luke Cage Season 2 *marked spoilers*

This released around the time the boards went down so I’m unsure if there was ever a thread about it... I actually only realized it came out a few days ago :lol: 

The few reviews I skimmed claim it’s one of/the best Marvel-Netflix shows yet. I only watched one ep so far, though.

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

How’s it compare to Season 1?

I remember liking Season 1 more. This one seems a bit too slowly paced. For example, too many "music video" moments where they are just doing a montage while they have some band in the club play.

9 minutes ago, legend said:

I remember liking Season 1 more. This one seems a bit too slowly paced. For example, too many "music video" moments where they are just doing a montage while they have some band in the club play.

Hopefully it’s like JJ S2 and just has a slow start. :/ 

I'll add one other thing bothers me. I don't think it's a spoiler and it starts pretty early on, but I'll mark it anyway.

Spoiler

I really dislike how they've made Claire naggy about Luke's father. It's an enormous pet peeve of mine when people use reasons like "but it's your family!" This is an incredibly naive and poisonous concept. Some family members can be very bad people and it is mentally healthy to separate yourself from them. My mother's mother was a terrible person and my mom thankfully managed to get out and separate herself from that in her young adulthood. My best friend's mother was the same way. My wife's biological father and step mother are similarly awful harmful people.

And yet, you still have assholes from the peanut gallery who don't know what they're talking about try an insist that these family members are included in their life, just because they're "family," with no appreciation nor regard for how psychologically damaging (and otherwise) it is to keep these people in your life. And worse, they do it with the self-righteousness similar to what Claire in the show displays. Fuck that shit.