Update: Turkey ejected from F-35 program after Ankara takes delivery of Russian S-400 missile system

11 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Well, it's a good thing the Russians don't also make airplanes. Otherwise, the threat to not sell some pretty questionable and extremely expensive jets might seem a bit hollow.

SU-57 orders incoming.

Also NATO seriously I need a reporting name for this thing.

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I hope they do. It's much harder to destabilize the middle East without that base.

Dude we have floating airfields. 

Just wanted to credit where I got calling carriers floating airfields. It's the 2nd segment.

Also fellow D1P'ers this could be us but we never play the same games as each other.

13 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Dude we have floating airfields. 

Just wanted to credit where I got calling carriers floating airfields. It's the 2nd segment.

Also fellow D1P'ers this could be us but we never play the same games as each other.

I said harder, not impossible

On 7/13/2019 at 11:23 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Russian made?

Good luck Turkey.

The S-400 is nothing to scoff at.

Dr. Carlo Kopp, one of the world’s top aerospace experts, says the S-400 has optional acquisition radars designed to defeat modern stealth aircraft such as the F-22 and the F-35. They work by operating in multiple frequency bands including both VHF and L bands that can “see” stealth-protected fighters.

The S-400 is literally designed to kill our stealth aircraft.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's Russian. I'm not buying it! :thumbdown: :shameonyou:

:p

If true, welp, Putin and Erdogan can go enjoy out-fascisting each other. Yes, the phrasing is intentional. 

You should definitely "buy it".

Both Russia and China have invested heavily in "area denial" weapons systems that are intended to blunt the US advantage in aerial and naval assets by making it extremely risky to operate those assets in areas protected by systems like the S-400.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

You should definitely "buy it".

Both Russia and China have invested heavily in "area denial" weapons systems that are intended to blunt the US advantage in aerial and naval assets by making it extremely risky to operate those assets in areas protected by systems like the S-400.

I was just kidding, I definitely defer to you and @CayceG on military hardware as I don't know very much. If this is the case, that's disheartening about Turkey. 

Stealth is the superior tech/strategy, regardless of the system used it reduces detection range on top of the fact these radar systems already have reduced detection range, they basically just reduce the disadvantage you're at when facing stealth aircraft.  They also do nothing if you were to attack into a nation with stealth aircraft as its hard to get your radar stations set up inside a country that can blow you to hell without you ever seeing them.  Its all still just theorycrafting too, we have no idea how effect these systems will actually be in the field, and the only stealth aircraft thats been shot down was an F117 which is far less stealthy than the B2, F22, and F35, and still required its bomb doors to open to be seen.  China claiming to have seen F22s over South Korea is also dubious because they were equipped with external tanks for a flight to Japan.

You also don't want to be in the less stealthy jet in an A2A engagement, don't care how good your flying is your ass is dead if your weapons can't target anything, regardless of that the F22 is the fastest most agile fighter in the world so if guns do become necessary for some reason it should come out on top assuming pilots of equal skill.  The F35 relies more on its electronic warfare systems than its stealth to confuse and block enemy radar systems.

The bigger threat to US power is China's anti-carrier missiles.  

• Thanks 1