Disintegration - new FPS from co-creator of Halo, Marcus Lehto (Launching 06/16/20), update: V1 Interactive announces closure

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Disintegration closed multiplayer technical beta arrives January 28 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Choose from up to seven unique crews, command your ground units, and compete on two dynamic modes and maps.

From a small team of 30 led by the co-creator of Halo, Marcus Lehto, V1 Interactive brings Disintegration, a new sci-fi shooter unlike any other. Become immersed in the riveting single player story and team up with your friends to wreak havoc in PvP multiplayer. Prepare to hop on your very own Gravcycle and join the action!

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

the tutorial alone doesn't give me much hope for this game

I played a couple of vs matches and while I see potential, the game isn't as strategic as I thought it would be. Me and a couple of randoms just ran through the other teams we played against. I'm more interested in the single player than the multiplayer

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably not exactly the reception they were hoping for:

Game Information

Game Title: Disintegration

Platforms:

• PC (Jun 16, 2020)
  • Xbox One (Jun 16, 2020)
  • PlayStation 4 (Jun 16, 2020)

Developer: V1 Interactive, Inc.

Publisher: Private Division

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 64 average - 29% recommended

Critic Reviews

Checkpoint Gaming - 9 / 10

It’s a shame there isn’t any more than a straightforward 15-hour campaign and multiplayer, because Disintegration already feels like a new fandom waiting to thrive.

The Games Machine - Italian - 8.9 / 10

It is exciting to play a shooter, it is satisfying to play a strategy game. Doing both things at the same time, it is just glorious. Disintegration is extremely balanced for being the first take at this new genre, and it is very well polished, too. The worldbuilding is fascinating, the story is not too bad, but the writing of characters and dialogues is terrible. Luckily the game is just so good.

PowerUp! - 8.1 / 10

An unforgiving shooter that demands a lot of its players but those who dedicate enough time to learn the game will be rewarded with a truly unique and thrilling experience

But Why Tho? - 8 / 10

Disintegration is a different and fun game when it comes to mashing two genres together. While the story may be mediocre, it’s characters keep you invested to see the mission through. It’s a shame that load-outs are handed to you and do not promote build diversity, but the gameplay is still a blast

TechRaptor - 8 / 10

Disintegration's meaty shooter campaign invites players into a unique world that's well worth exploring, but quirks in its gameplay and storytelling hold it back from true greatness.

TheSixthAxis - 8 / 10

Disintegration is a game of, and about, duality. It manages to feel like a throwback while it's fresh genre melding brings it straight into the present. It's an occasionally lifeless, mechanically sound construct, but everything about it has heart. It's a double A game, the likes of which we don't often see anymore, and it's one of the most unique and consistently enjoyable sci-fi shooters of recent years.

Video Chums - 7.9 / 10

Disintegration provides some of the best multiplayer action that I've ever played. At the same time, its single player campaign can be downright tedious and frustrating so I can only recommend it to those who enjoy competing online.

GamePro - German - 75 / 100

Neat shooter strategy mix, which leaves a lot of room for a possible successor.

Wccftech - 7.5 / 10

Disintegration is a somewhat fractured experience. The game's quirky combination of shooter and strategy mechanics works, and multiplayer is a lot of frantic fun, but its single-player campaign suffers from some oversights, technical issues, and monotonous design. If Disintegration is a hit, I suspect it will be for its multiplayer, so while I'm being a bit conservative with my score now, the game will hopefully hover to new heights as PvP content is added. Whether you want to jump on your Gravcycle now is up to you.

Game Debate - 7 / 10

Overall, Disintegration shows a lot of promise, but it's hard to get away from that nagging feeling, one that tells me this just feels like Early Access. The story is okay, and the combat is fine, but the potential here is far greater than what is actually on offer. There are some good moments, and it is enjoyable, but the story and multiplayer lack much to be desired. If you want a simple sci-fi romp then look no further, but if you're looking for the next big Halo then you're going to want to look elsewhere.

GameSpot - 7 / 10

Disintegration smashes first-person-shooting and real-time tactics together to create a wild, crazy thrill ride of a strategy game with a few rough edges.

Spaziogames - Italian - 7 / 10

Disintegration offers a bold take on the FPS genre, contaminating its Halo-like formula with RTS mechanics; despite a number of design limits and a not so inspired multiplayer, that works just fine in single-player.

The Outerhaven Productions - 3.5 / 5 stars

Disintegration is the effort of combing a First Person Shooter and an RTS together, something that has been tried in the base with moderate success. Here, V1 Interactive takes the concept one step further with several new ideas, yet ultimately aren't all fleshed out. I'm looking forward to seeing if and how the developer will correct these concerns in either a DLC or the follow-up to the game.

Destructoid - 6.5 / 10

Disintegration is highly ambitious, and I think that over time a combination of free and paid DLC could shore up some of its weaknesses. Either way, I'm already looking forward to a potential Disintegration 2: this world is worth lingering in.

DualShockers - 6.5 / 10

Disintegration falls short due to a generic campaign despite having some of my favorite multiplayer gameplay in recent memory.

Heavy - 6.5 / 10

Disintegration’s fresh take on your usual FPS is fully realized in a single-player setting, yet its unique gameplay doesn’t feel all that fun in a more competitive setting.

IGN Spain - Spanish - 6.5 / 10

A good RTS/Action game that doesn't get the player's attention during its campaing but does have a great multiplayer way to enjoy the mechanics. Saddly, it doesn't reach our expectations.

Game Informer - 6 / 10

Issuing orders to your team is fun, but your movements are sluggish and the combat encounters are uninspired

GamingTrend - 60 / 100

Disintegration is a unique game held back by oftentimes irritating and dull game design and a weak campaign. While practically everything about the world and gameplay is unlike anything I've played before, too little of it succeeds in being consistently enjoyable.

God is a Geek - 6 / 10

In an era where first person shooters continually push the envelope in terms of genre tropes, visuals and mechanics, Disintegration is a few years late and a few dollars short.

IGN - 6 / 10

Disintegration's single-player campaign has some novel ideas and its robot enemies die well, but it never achieves any tactical depth.

MonsterVine - 3 / 5

Disintegration held a lot of potential, and while its gravcycle is novel, the rest of the package doesn’t live up to the strategy it promises.

Stevivor - 6 / 10

There’s a lot of squandered potential in both this title and the franchise itself, and I hope that V1 Interactive is able to salvage this release in the weeks to come. Some much needed focus will greatly improve the package.

WellPlayed - 6 / 10

Incorporating RTS-style unit management into a (somewhat) fast-paced first-person shooter seems like a jarring concept on paper, but V1 Interactive has delivered something that actually works quite well…on the surface

Windows Central - 3 / 5 stars

Disintegration is built upon a fantastic concept and can be a blast at times, but there's always a frustrating issue or two around the corner that drags the experience down.

Slant Magazine - 2.5 / 5 stars

The game's attempts to distinguish itself from other first-person shooters ultimately feel superficial.

USgamer - 2.5 / 5 stars

Disintegration is not the next great sci-fi action franchise (as if we really need another), but hopefully, it can be a stepping stone to something more distinctive and unique from V1 in the future.

GamesRadar+ - 2 / 5 stars

An unsatisfying mix of shallow strategy and low-energy shooting, Disintegration is hard to recommend to fans of either genre.

Hardcore Gamer - 2 / 5

It's astonishing to see just how far off the mark Disintegration is in terms of how it looks and plays.

Shacknews - 4 / 10

. Disintegration does not feel up to scratch for a game releasing in 2020.

ACG - Never Touch

This game just never comes together in almost any way. It could be fun for a small amount of time but falls apart with boring combat, boring worlds, and a boring presentation.

Cultured Vultures - Unscored

Despite some flaws, Disintegration’s genre fusion presents a worthwhile alternative from your traditional FPS experiences.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - Unscored

It offers a distinct personality and really attractive challenges, but it needs a little more variety and a more balanced gameplay.

• 3 months later...

We have made the difficult decision to remove Disintegration’s multiplayer modes from the game across all platforms. This will be done in phases over the coming months, starting today with the removal of the in-game store, and will conclude on November 17th with the full removal of multiplayer. The single player campaign will remain fully playable moving forward.

From both the development team at V1 Interactive and publishing group at Private Division, we stand by the creative risks taken to launch such a unique, genre-bending game created by this small but talented and passionate team. While our player base showed interest in the single player campaign, the game unfortunately struggled to build a significant audience necessary for a compelling multiplayer experience. After weighing options, we have collectively made the decision to sunset the multiplayer support.

We believe the video game industry needs constant innovation, and we will continue to take risks, follow creative visions, and support new ideas.

To everyone who has played Disintegration: we thank you.

-Private Division & V1 Interactive

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Disintegration - new FPS from co-creator of Halo, Marcus Lehto (Launching 06/16/20), update: multiplayer modes discontinued
  • 5 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Disintegration - new FPS from co-creator of Halo, Marcus Lehto (Launching 06/16/20), update: V1 Interactive announces closure