Chris Hardwick reinstated to AMC Talking Dead updated

• 2 weeks later...

The network had conducted an investigation into the allegations against Hardwick and issued the following statement on the findings and decision to return the host to the air: “Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick. We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step.”

No word yet on when Talking with Chris Hardwick will return to the air and if the episodes — including the season premiere with Donald Glover — that were pulled will ever make it onto the channel.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/25/chris-hardwick-amc-talking-dead/

Chris Hardwick’s Ex-Girlfriend Chloe Dykstra Speaks Out After His ‘Talking Dead’ Reinstatement

“Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of ‘Talking Dead’ and ‘Talking with Chris Hardwick,'” an AMC spokesman told TheWrap. “We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step.”

In her statement Thursday, Dykstra said that she “never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about” and that she “chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of.”

“I have been adamant since I came forward with my essay that I never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about. I could have provided more details, but chose not to. I have said what I wanted to say on the matter, and I wish to move on with my life,” Dykstra wrote. “For that reason, I chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, and therefore I have only shared my evidence with those who I felt should see it.”

https://www.thewrap.com/chris-hardwick-ex-girlfriend-chloe-dykstra-speaks-out-after-talking-dead-reinstatement/

• Guillotine 1

This story was annoying from the start. It never seemed like there was proof of anything and the first immediate step is to throw the guy to the side making him look guilty to the world. 

In other news, my wife and I both loved the show Boy Meets World when we were growing up. We are re-watching all the seasons now and we just hit an episode where the one guy ends up on the MTV show "Singled Out" (which aired from 1995-1998) that Chris Hardwick also hosted. Dude has been at this job for a long time :lol:

tdy_take_hardwick_141104.today-vid-canon

12 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

This story was annoying from the start. It never seemed like there was proof of anything and the first immediate step is to throw the guy to the side making him look guilty to the world. 

Or, you know, Dykstra decided not to pick a fight with someone married into a family worth tens of billions of dollars, most of which is tied up in media ventures.

Most of her accusations weren’t criminal in nature, and aren’t really provable either. But there were several other people, including at least one male subordinate who expressed their feelings affirming Hardwick’s domineering behavior towards them.

Hopefully the guy has changed his ways and treats all the folks in his sphere with kindness and respect.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/chris-hardwick-to-return-to-nbc-following-abuse-allegations/ar-BBLl9Jh?ocid=AMZN

Chris Hardwick will return to NBC next week as a guest judge on “America’s Got Talent.” The appearance will be Hardwick’s first on television since he was accused in June by an ex-girlfriend of abusive behavior.

Variety has also learned that NBC game show “The Wall,” which Hardwick hosts and exec produces, will begin production as planned this fall. Hardwick will return as host for the series’ third season.

• Guillotine 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, johnny said:

I don’t remember seeing anybody Chris knows really defending him but I did see people who know Chloe saying she’s a good person and all that stuff. 

Nobody that he worked with wanted to commit career suicide by coming to his defense. His wife and other past girlfriends came to his defense.

https://www.screengeek.net/2018/06/27/chis-hardwick-ex-girlfriends-defend-against-sexual-abuse-allegations/

• Guillotine 1

On 8/11/2018 at 8:21 AM, Remarkableriots said:

Nobody that he worked with wanted to commit career suicide by coming to his defense. His wife and other past girlfriends came to his defense.

https://www.screengeek.net/2018/06/27/chis-hardwick-ex-girlfriends-defend-against-sexual-abuse-allegations/

If you ask all of my ex-girlfriends other than one of them if I was the kind of person who would break up with them over the phone when they were at home from college and recovering from surgery, they'd all say no. One of them could say yes, though, and that doesn't make any of the other people wrong when they say that seems like it'd be out of character.