Jessica Jones Season 2 LTTP

3 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I'm really late and want to watch this before I jump into Cage season 2. I'm only 4 episodes into JJ but does it pick up? Damm this is slow as hell. If it wasn't for some of the humor, I may have dropped this.

It def picks up. I remember the first 3-5 episodes being suuuuuuper slow.

2 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Good to know. I'm really bad about sticking to slow shows and while it does have its moments, overall these first 4 episodes are really molasses slow. I have a few things to do then I'll be watching a couple more episodes tonight.

It picks up after the “reveal”... you’ll know when it happens. :p 

I'm on episode 9 now. It does pick up but if I had to rank all the Marvel Netflix shows based on just what I have seen up to now, season 2 of JJ may be at the bottom of the list. I hope this season has a major payoff with the remaining episodes. Truth be told, everybody's story seems to be more compelling than Jessica's. Even the reveal of JJ has a stronger presence than JJ.

12 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I'm on episode 9 now. It does pick up but if I had to rank all the Marvel Netflix shows based on just what I have seen up to now, season 2 of JJ may be at the bottom of the list. I hope this season has a major payoff with the remaining episodes. Truth be told, everybody's story seems to be more compelling than Jessica's. Even the reveal of JJ has a stronger presence than JJ.

Oh, yea, I mean, the season is definitely weak compared to the first and the other Marvel-Netflix offerings (except for Iron Fist which is almost unwatchable). I was just saying that S2 of JJ does indeed pick-up out of it’s initial boringness. :sun: 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, yea, I mean, the season is definitely weak compared to the first and the other Marvel-Netflix offerings (except for Iron Fist which is almost unwatchable). I was just saying that S2 of JJ does indeed pick-up out of it’s initial boringness. :sun: 

Jessica Jones season 2 is easily the worst Marvel Netflix TV show season, only coming out ahead of Iron Fist season 1. I'm 10 episodes in and it's still slow, boring, and worst of all, not that compelling. The acting is still good though.

And I'm not one of those that thinks the Marvel Netflix shows have gotten worsen. While I was disappointed by The Defenders season 1, The Punisher season 1 was genuinely good TV (with a slow start and an overlong season, as per usual) with a great ending. 

But I did not enjoy the slog that has been JJ season 2. A shame when JJ season 1 is one of the best of the Marvel Netflix TV shows. 

I thought it picked up. It's still not up their with the best.

I'm not so sure that the Netflix shows are getting worse, I just don't think they are getting better. They all just feel too similar and the novelty is wearing off.

That said, Luke cage season 2 is pretty good.

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Jessica Jones season 2 is easily the worst Marvel Netflix TV show season, only coming out ahead of Iron Fist season 1. I'm 10 episodes in and it's still slow, boring, and worst of all, not that compelling. The acting is still good though.

That’s a lot of words to say that you agree with me :p :sun: 

4 minutes ago, ort said:

I thought it picked up. It's still not up their with the best.

I'm not so sure that the Netflix shows are getting worse, I just don't think they are getting better. They all just feel too similar and the novelty is wearing off.

That said, Luke cage season 2 is pretty good.

I do look forward to Luke Cage season 2.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

That’s a lot of words to say that you agree with me :p :sun: 

Yes, I do agree with you lol. 

I finished JJ  season 2 this morning and it wasn't horrible thank goodness but damn it was slow as hell but as i think of it, I could have just caught main points and not watched it as intently as i did hoping for a payoff cause it never comes.

I don't hate any of the Netflix shows but this season would easily rank at the bottom of the list. If not for the appearance of a character for an episode, I would have totally saw this as a loss. Like I said earlier, I think many of Jessica's supporting characters had better stories than she did. The acting was great and Ritter does a great job of being JJ but it was too slow and I didn't care for how JJ was flip flopping on decisions. She looked very weak in this season in all facets of the character. I know that season 3 is in production now and hopefully it picks up and more damn action. I recommend watching if you are a fan but for others, this season was meh. Outside of her breaking locks, one would have no idea she has super powers. 

I started the scene of Luke Cage season 2 before the credits start for episode one and that had way more action than all 13 episodes of JJ season 2. 

Looking forward to Luke Cage and some damn superhero action.

• 1 month later...