Jump to content

Disney's Mulan Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Releasing on Disney+ on Sept. 4 for $29.99)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

They should design a new theater that somehow each person or group has their own surround sound and can't hear the assholes who want to chat during a movie.

I think we will see some really killer new designs for theaters moving forward. And they aren't going to be massive 50,000 sqft builds anymore. I have a few ideas to try next year. While there is a ton of heart break in the independent theater owner community right now, there is also a sense of excitement for many of us younger folks who have thought we needed big change. We can pave a new way forward.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to leave my apartment and go to a place where I can focus on a movie for roughly 2 hours. Whatever you have to do for that to happen, I’m in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I just want to leave my apartment and go to a place where I can focus on a movie for roughly 2 hours. Whatever you have to do for that to happen, I’m in.

Come to Houston and I'll let you watch something in my completely empty theater with a 50 foot wide scope screen :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Come to Houston and I'll let you watch something in my completely empty theater with a 50 foot wide scope screen :p

That’s only a 16 hour drive. What the hell else am I doing these days?

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

They should design a new theater that somehow each person or group has their own surround sound and can't hear the assholes who want to chat during a movie.

 

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think we will see some really killer new designs for theaters moving forward. And they aren't going to be massive 50,000 sqft builds anymore. I have a few ideas to try next year. While there is a ton of heart break in the independent theater owner community right now, there is also a sense of excitement for many of us younger folks who have thought we needed big change. We can pave a new way forward.

 

2.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't that diagram a proof of concept created years ago!? Crazy how, in some ways, it holds so much weight in the current climate. Furthermore, jacks for noise cancelling headphones is fucking genius actually!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Wasn't that diagram a proof of concept created years ago!? Crazy how, in some ways, it holds so much weight in the current climate. Furthermore, jacks for noise cancelling headphones is fucking genius actually!

Probably wouldn't last long. You would have dumb people jamming candy or food into all the jacks for fun. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know 30 dollars is a lot for one movie but I’ll probably watch it with my friend, so 15 each which is basically a non-matinee ticket around here. Plus on 4K with my decent sound system. Very much looking forward to Mulan because It doesn’t look like an identical remake and FINALLY a big release. 
 

I would think if Mulan meets their expectations they might be willing to do the same for Black Widow, feeling more confident about the money they would make. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the issue here that many are not picking up on is that the D+ pipeline for big new content is also at a stand still, as is every other studios streaming platforms. Poaching some of their would-be theatrical releases for streaming will become nearly a necessity in the fall and winter as they struggle to get production ramped up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

They should design a new theater that somehow each person or group has their own surround sound and can't hear the assholes who want to chat during a movie.

 

or play with their damn phones

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Come to Houston and I'll let you watch something in my completely empty theater with a 50 foot wide scope screen :p

 

 

funny I don't know if you've seen, there a number of other theaters here that are offering to rent out the theater for viewing up to 20 people I think for 200 bucks. I think it's the Regal chain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

 

 

funny I don't know if you've seen, there a number of other theaters here that are offering to rent out the theater for viewing up to 20 people I think for 200 bucks. I think it's the Regal chain. 

Cinemark is doing it for $99

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

30 dollars is too much, especially on a service you already pay for.

 

The story going around is that it might also be available to nonsubscribers. This is just Disney looking to keep the whole $30 from this rental.

 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

I know 30 dollars is a lot for one movie but I’ll probably watch it with my friend, so 15 each which is basically a non-matinee ticket around here. Plus on 4K with my decent sound system. Very much looking forward to Mulan because It doesn’t look like an identical remake and FINALLY a big release. 
 

I would think if Mulan meets their expectations they might be willing to do the same for Black Widow, feeling more confident about the money they would make. 

 

I'll rent it. I was already spending that much to go to theaters. I did Trolls World Tour for $20. If this movie is even marginally better than Trolls $30 will be worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

 

2.png

 

People who go to the movies and expect everyone to be silent, non-reactionary people confuse the shit out of me.

 

Also old people are always respectful during a movie? The fuck out of here, please, nobody is on Facebook during the previews / first few minutes of a movie more than old people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So a few months ago when Trolls World Tour went digital, AMC vowed to not play Universal movies anymore. Has there been any anger toward Disney for this? Or maybe we are far enough into the pandemic AMC knows better now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

People who go to the movies and expect everyone to be silent, non-reactionary people confuse the shit out of me.

 

there is a difference between reacting to what is happening on the screen and a-holes playing on their phones and talking nonstop about random shit in their lives

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarkStar189 said:

So a few months ago when Trolls World Tour went digital, AMC vowed to not play Universal movies anymore. Has there been any anger toward Disney for this? Or maybe we are far enough into the pandemic AMC knows better now?

 

Disney has way more muscle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EternallDarkness said:

there is a difference between reacting to what is happening on the screen and a-holes playing on their phones and talking nonstop about random shit in their lives

 

People gonna people tho. I don’t like it or enjoy it, but... I expect it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

People gonna people tho. I don’t like it or enjoy it, but... I expect it.

 

that's the problem, people have come to accept shitty behavior instead of calling it out. Of course considering the de-evolution of society calling it out will likely get you shot these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t know what people are talking about with this constant talking/phones thing. I can only think of one movie in the last 10 years where I had an audience member issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I honestly don’t know what people are talking about with this constant talking/phones thing. I can only think of one movie in the last 10 years where I had an audience member issue.

 

 

your patrons must be more behaved than at my local AMC

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I honestly don’t know what people are talking about with this constant talking/phones thing. I can only think of one movie in the last 10 years where I had an audience member issue.

 

Also this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

People gonna people tho. I don’t like it or enjoy it, but... I expect it.

 

I don't expect it because it doesn't happen.

 

What does happen on occasion, parents bringing an infant to an R rated movie and then the baby cries. Comeon man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

They should design a new theater that somehow each person or group has their own surround sound and can't hear the assholes who want to chat during a movie.

 

19 hours ago, rc0101 said:

I would pay good money for that! 


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FP7N1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nPVkFb5XKXPX0


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829RYR8L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wQVkFb2C8EYVA

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pikachu said:

It's not a rental exactly: 

 

 

Practically, it likely doesn't matter too much for me. I'd be unlikely to revisit it between the time I first watched it and when it ended up on Disney+ anyways. Still, psychologically that does make it more palatable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...