Disney's Mulan Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Releasing on Disney+ on Sept. 4 for $29.99)

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

They should design a new theater that somehow each person or group has their own surround sound and can't hear the assholes who want to chat during a movie.

I think we will see some really killer new designs for theaters moving forward. And they aren't going to be massive 50,000 sqft builds anymore. I have a few ideas to try next year. While there is a ton of heart break in the independent theater owner community right now, there is also a sense of excitement for many of us younger folks who have thought we needed big change. We can pave a new way forward.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I just want to leave my apartment and go to a place where I can focus on a movie for roughly 2 hours. Whatever you have to do for that to happen, I’m in.

Come to Houston and I'll let you watch something in my completely empty theater with a 50 foot wide scope screen :p

54 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

They should design a new theater that somehow each person or group has their own surround sound and can't hear the assholes who want to chat during a movie.

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think we will see some really killer new designs for theaters moving forward. And they aren't going to be massive 50,000 sqft builds anymore. I have a few ideas to try next year. While there is a ton of heart break in the independent theater owner community right now, there is also a sense of excitement for many of us younger folks who have thought we needed big change. We can pave a new way forward.

2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Wasn't that diagram a proof of concept created years ago!? Crazy how, in some ways, it holds so much weight in the current climate. Furthermore, jacks for noise cancelling headphones is fucking genius actually!

Probably wouldn't last long. You would have dumb people jamming candy or food into all the jacks for fun. 

• Sad 1

I know 30 dollars is a lot for one movie but I’ll probably watch it with my friend, so 15 each which is basically a non-matinee ticket around here. Plus on 4K with my decent sound system. Very much looking forward to Mulan because It doesn’t look like an identical remake and FINALLY a big release. 

I would think if Mulan meets their expectations they might be willing to do the same for Black Widow, feeling more confident about the money they would make. 

Part of the issue here that many are not picking up on is that the D+ pipeline for big new content is also at a stand still, as is every other studios streaming platforms. Poaching some of their would-be theatrical releases for streaming will become nearly a necessity in the fall and winter as they struggle to get production ramped up.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Come to Houston and I'll let you watch something in my completely empty theater with a 50 foot wide scope screen :p

funny I don't know if you've seen, there a number of other theaters here that are offering to rent out the theater for viewing up to 20 people I think for 200 bucks. I think it's the Regal chain. 

25 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

funny I don't know if you've seen, there a number of other theaters here that are offering to rent out the theater for viewing up to 20 people I think for 200 bucks. I think it's the Regal chain. 

Cinemark is doing it for $99

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

30 dollars is too much, especially on a service you already pay for.

The story going around is that it might also be available to nonsubscribers. This is just Disney looking to keep the whole $30 from this rental.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

I know 30 dollars is a lot for one movie but I’ll probably watch it with my friend, so 15 each which is basically a non-matinee ticket around here. Plus on 4K with my decent sound system. Very much looking forward to Mulan because It doesn’t look like an identical remake and FINALLY a big release. 

I would think if Mulan meets their expectations they might be willing to do the same for Black Widow, feeling more confident about the money they would make. 

I'll rent it. I was already spending that much to go to theaters. I did Trolls World Tour for $20. If this movie is even marginally better than Trolls $30 will be worth it.

15 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

2.png

People who go to the movies and expect everyone to be silent, non-reactionary people confuse the shit out of me.

Also old people are always respectful during a movie? The fuck out of here, please, nobody is on Facebook during the previews / first few minutes of a movie more than old people.

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

there is a difference between reacting to what is happening on the screen and a-holes playing on their phones and talking nonstop about random shit in their lives

People gonna people tho. I don’t like it or enjoy it, but... I expect it.

I honestly don’t know what people are talking about with this constant talking/phones thing. I can only think of one movie in the last 10 years where I had an audience member issue.

19 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

19 hours ago, rc0101 said:

I would pay good money for that! 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071FP7N1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nPVkFb5XKXPX0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0829RYR8L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_wQVkFb2C8EYVA

6 hours ago, Pikachu said:

It's not a rental exactly: 

Practically, it likely doesn't matter too much for me. I'd be unlikely to revisit it between the time I first watched it and when it ended up on Disney+ anyways. Still, psychologically that does make it more palatable.