Post your Mario Maker levels and I will set the world record on them.

Paperclyp

11 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

God damn you. 

I said I would set the WR. I never said I would keep it. 

There's some time savers in Saltmarsh.  You should be able to take the WR from the dude.

I love feedback on my levels.

You know what would be cool?  If it let creator's see a replay of the WR run of their levels.  Like Mario Kart...save the ghosts of the fastest times.

5 hours ago, Slug said:

There's some time savers in Saltmarsh.  You should be able to take the WR from the dude.

I love feedback on my levels.

You know what would be cool?  If it let creator's see a replay of the WR run of their levels.  Like Mario Kart...save the ghosts of the fastest times.

I would absolutely love that. Or just any completion. 

4 hours ago, Slug said:

I had to re-upload The Saltmarsh to remove some cheese I uncovered.

1V2-9NK-XQF

Enjoy and let me know what you think. :)

I’ll play it tonight or tomorrow. 

58 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not my level :whistlin:

15T-GGV-FFG

I will play this too! Is it the crazy 1-1 remix??

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not my level :whistlin:

15T-GGV-FFG

This level doesn't make sense to me. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. 

Edit: Like, I feel like it's a timing thing? Like if you leave the first platform at the right moment it just works? I don't know. 

15 hours ago, Slug said:

1V2-9NK-XQF

Slug, I really like it. It’s like a difficult, standard Mario level. I could play them all day. I like that it has a consistent theme.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It is not.

Ahhhhh I’ve actually played this before. 

4 hours ago, Slug said:

This level doesn't make sense to me. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. 

Edit: Like, I feel like it's a timing thing? Like if you leave the first platform at the right moment it just works? I don't know. 

It’s patrick klepek’s troll level. I don’t think there is a secret to it, it’s just made to be a major pain in the ass. 

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

It’s patrick klepek’s troll level. I don’t think there is a secret to it, it’s just made to be a major pain in the ass. 

There is a secret to the level because they beat it on UPF

Spoiler

You don't keep swinging you jump straight up and down over the flame then move to the right.

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There is a secret to the level because they beat it on UPF

Reveal hidden contents

Ohhh yeah true. I think I just forgot that wasn’t widely known because I watch his Mario maker shows and saw him showing off the level. 

Edit: phew, I finally beat it 

9 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Slug, I really like it. It’s like a difficult, standard Mario level. I could play them all day. I like that it has a consistent theme.

I'm glad you liked it!  My goal with that level, and with all my levels going forward, is challenging but fair and consistent.  I try to design courses that feel like you could actually see them being in a Nintendo game, if Mario had a "NG+" mode. :)  No jank, no weird kaizo tricks.  I don't care about my clear rate or maker points.  My goal is fun for the player.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Hide contents

You don't keep swinging you jump straight up and down over the flame then move to the right.

I tried that a few times but couldn't seem to manage to stay in the air long enough to let the fire stop.  I'll give it another shot tonight.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:10 AM, Slug said:

1V2-9NK-XQF

Dunno what kind of feedback you are looking for.

I dislike the misdirection at the end, its a very short window to correct yourself and forcing a player to replay the stage because of that isn't my cup of tea.

The first room can be ran through almost without slow down. The only time you have to slow down is the first Wiggler and Piranha and then the following jump up after that. Everything else can be ran at full speed once you know the route (I tanked your clear rate figuring this out). Second room you almost can't make it through without taking a hit before the boss (at least going fast). You can also pull the boss before the canon and bullet bill start firing, don't know if that was your intention or not.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:06 AM, johnny said:

This is my first ever level. I didn’t know what to name it but I was listening to Third Eye Blind so went with it lol. This one probably sucks but can’t wait to make something more complex. 

V57-VRQ-9BG

I have like a 1/4 success ratio of the first set of springs actually sending me to the next level, maybe I just suck at jumping though. Dunno if it was your intention or not that you can just jump over the blue switch blocks at the top so that you don't have to worry about grabbing the first shell.

Good map, enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, Nokt said:

Dunno what kind of feedback you are looking for.

I dislike the misdirection at the end, its a very short window to correct yourself and forcing a player to replay the stage because of that isn't my cup of tea.

The first room can be ran through almost without slow down. The only time you have to slow down is the first Wiggler and Piranha and then the following jump up after that. Everything else can be ran at full speed once you know the route (I tanked your clear rate figuring this out). Second room you almost can't make it through without taking a hit before the boss (at least going fast). You can also pull the boss before the canon and bullet bill start firing, don't know if that was your intention or not.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! Yeah the second part can be tough to make it through quickly without taking a hit. You have to hit the right timing on the blades.  As far as the canon and bullet bill, yeah I knew the boss can be pulled. They're really just there to add urgency if someone rushes into the boss room. 

What misdirection did you find? There shouldn't be any so I may have screwed something up. 

7 minutes ago, Slug said:

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! Yeah the second part can be tough to make it through quickly without taking a hit. You have to hit the right timing on the blades.  As far as the canon and bullet bill, yeah I knew the boss can be pulled. They're really just there to add urgency if someone rushes into the boss room. 

What misdirection did you find? There shouldn't be any so I may have screwed something up. 

Maybe misdirection isn't the right word. The star in the second last room and then the arrow pointing to the left as you come out of the pipe. I was pretty sure I was going to have to run with the star power over some spikes to the next room, instead just ended up in a poison pit at the very end :lol:.

18 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Maybe misdirection isn't the right word. The star in the second last room and then the arrow pointing to the left as you come out of the pipe. I was pretty sure I was going to have to run with the star power over some spikes to the next room, instead just ended up in a poison pit at the very end :lol:.

Oh shit I never thought of that honestly. I never imagined the arrows would be interpreted like that by someone coming out of the post-boss pipe. :( See, there's a hidden little bonus in the first area where you can find a cape. The spike wall at the end was put in to prevent people from skipping the second half of the level by just flying to the goal. The arrows were a warning for cheesers to turn before they hit the wall.  Damn... 

Just now, Slug said:

Oh shit I never thought of that honestly. I never imagined the arrows would be interpreted like that by someone coming out of the post-boss pipe. :( See, there's a hidden little bonus in the first area where you can find a cape. The spike wall at the end was put in to prevent people from skipping the second half of the level by just flying to the goal. The arrows were a warning for cheesers to turn before they hit the wall.  Damn... 

I actually also died at that part. 

I may have said “god damn you slug!”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I actually also died at that part. 

I may have said “god damn you slug!”

Fuuuuck I'm gonna have to delete and re-upload the level again. That was definitely not intended to be a troll moment. I just didn't consider people coming out of the "yay you won!" room would follow it. :/

11 minutes ago, Slug said:

Fuuuuck I'm gonna have to delete and re-upload the level again. That was definitely not intended to be a troll moment. I just didn't consider people coming out of the "yay you won!" room would follow it. :/

I wouldn’t go through the trouble. I like it how it is. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...