Post your Mario Maker levels and I will set the world record on them.

Paperclyp

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

I have been watching people play this game and I really want to make a level to fuck with people. Not a hard level, just a level where it takes the maximum amount of time to finish. 

I gave up on a level I played for like 30 minutes because I couldn’t finish it in the time given. I’m convinced there’s a secret door because I have no idea how to get through the course 1 second faster. I’m still mad about it. 

6 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Growing Pains
ID: JJW N5H RLG

Megio Man
N0G-SDR-NNG

POW Block Perfection

JNT-JSM-BVF

I uploaded Growing Pains last night, so at this point if you beat it at all you'll set the record.

I’ll get to these tonight, thank you.

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

I have been watching people play this game and I really want to make a level to fuck with people. Not a hard level, just a level where it takes the maximum amount of time to finish. 

I’ve played such a level already, please don’t.

They set up a switch every other step with blocks in between so that you have to hit every single switch and did 3 levels of it.

Yeah, troll levels can be fun if they're well designed and clever, but too many people just either throw craploads of off-screen unavoidable crap at you, put hidden.kaizo blocks everywhere, or make the level unnecessarily long and tedious (not adding challenge; merely boring us into submission).  Don't be That Guy.

Nothing super challenging. This is me just having fun. 

Koopa Platforming Fun (QWK-3SL-1PF): This was my first level. Pretty basic and simple. This was just me screwing around and learning how the editor works.

Superballin' (86B-9P6-7GF): I've learned the editor so this is where it's time to start getting creative. :)

I'd love your feedback.

12 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Growing Pains

I uploaded Growing Pains last night, so at this point if you beat it at all you'll set the record.

Done! I'm your first clear.

Fun level! Took a lot of tries. And apparently I'm a slow learner because.. 

Spoiler

..that ending squish got me and I should've seen it coming! :P

13 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Growing Pains

@Slug is the champ for now. I will prevail when I have time to return to this.

Megio Man
N0G-SDR-NNG

Have the WR at this time. I like the nod to Mega Man.

POW Block Perfection

JNT-JSM-BVF

This is my favorite of your three levels. A good challenge, but not too hard. The final thing you have to do makes it really tense. Really enjoyed it. I have the WR. 

2 hours ago, Slug said:

Koopa Platforming Fun (QWK-3SL-1PF): This was my first level. Pretty basic and simple. This was just me screwing around and learning how the editor works.

Yeah, I'm actually a sucker for jumping off Koopas though so I enjoyed it. Short and sweet. I do have the WR now. 

2 hours ago, Slug said:

Superballin' (86B-9P6-7GF): I've learned the editor so this is where it's time to start getting creative. :)

The perfect level to stress me out. I appreciated that there is a logic to each shot you have to make though, and actually I could probably knock off 30-40 seconds because I finally figured out the optimal positioning for the thwomp room. I have the WR. 

10 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

@Slug

The perfect level to stress me out. I appreciated that there is a logic to each shot you have to make though, and actually I could probably knock off 30-40 seconds because I finally figured out the optimal positioning for the thwomp room. I have the WR. 

Yeah I tried to make it a 2 stage process. The first few rooms are kind of a "here's how you do it/learn how it bounces in various situations" then the second half of the level is "use what you learned". :)

14 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

POW Block Perfection

JNT-JSM-BVF

This one was fun too! I'm just not sure I understand the name; I didn't use a POW Block at all.. 

I like your levels! They're challenging without being unfair. Even when you die horribly over and over you can *see* what you're supposed to do and you can feel yourself making progress. We'll done. :)

2 minutes ago, Slug said:

This one was fun too! I'm just not sure I understand the name; I didn't use a POW Block at all.. 

I like your levels! They're challenging without being unfair. Even when you die horribly over and over you can *see* what you're supposed to do and you can feel yourself making progress. We'll done. :)

Wait, how did you beat the level without using the POW block?  If you don't carry the POW block to the end you can't make the 50 coin drop and you can't beat the level...

9 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Wait, how did you beat the level without using the POW block?  If you don't carry the POW block to the end you can't make the 50 coin drop and you can't beat the level...

I just sprinted and jumped... 

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

God, I want this game so bad but I suck at 2D Mario. I watch people on stream and just think, 'Shit, you mean to tell me you can *grab* things?!?' Young me just fucking ran and jumped!

I suck at Mario platforming and the game has been really fun. It definitely takes me longer to get levels down and I still can’t shell jump and stuff but I’m getting pretty good at throwing things now. My biggest weakness is my precision with Mario. I’m always fucking up. 

52 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Hahaha I didn’t use it for that either I actually used it for that final block before getting on the pipe because I thought that jump was too high without it.

6 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Hahaha I didn’t use it for that either I actually used it for that final block before getting on the pipe because I thought that jump was too high without it.

Haha, that's funny.  That jump is tight but you can make it. On one clear (trying and failing to beat your time) I didn't even stop to take the POW block with me out of the opening room. :P

49 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Fixed the level for the third time.  Sigh.

POW Block Perfection

B3Q 0C6 1MF

Sorry. Didn't mean to make you do more work. :P

I'm going to bed but I will try the new version first thing tomorrow. :)

On 7/9/2019 at 2:06 AM, johnny said:

This is my first ever level. I didn’t know what to name it but I was listening to Third Eye Blind so went with it lol. This one probably sucks but can’t wait to make something more complex. 

V57-VRQ-9BG

Nice! I got the WR. I liked the cannon jumping part.