Disney’s Live Action Little Mermaid Has Cast Its Ariel

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No, she has no issue with a black Ariel, when did I indicate she did?

Had a brain fart and misunderstood :p 

Here's the thing, it is unquestionable that there are people upset and posting nonsense about "Dutch origins", "deep sea creatures wouldn't be black because they're under the water and wouldn't evolve that way",  "if it were a historically black character that a movie made white, there'd be outrage!", etc that's going around. Is it a significant amount of the population? No, of course not and no one would ever argue as such. But it does exist and has been going strong enough in the cesspool that is social media, and the people spouting this crap should be called out on it.

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Here's the thing, it is unquestionable that there are people upset and posting nonsense about "Dutch origins"

Yikes... I certainly would rather be a woman hater than a racist. But now I don't know where I fall on the D1P troll-a-meter =/

c'est la vie

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Had a brain fart and misunderstood :p 

Here's the thing, it is unquestionable that there are people upset and posting nonsense about "Dutch origins", "deep sea creatures wouldn't be black because they're under the water and wouldn't evolve that way",  "if it were a historically black character that a movie made white, there'd be outrage!", etc that's going around. Is it a significant amount of the population? No, of course not and no one would ever argue as such. But it does exist and has been going strong enough in the cesspool that is social media, and the people spouting this crap should be called out on it.

If I see it, I'll likely call it out. :p 

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Yikes... I certainly would rather be a woman hater than a racist. But now I don't know where I fall on the D1P troll-a-meter =/

c'est la vie

But you aren’t using it as an excuse to be upset about a black actor playing a mermaid :p 

14 hours ago, number305 said:

I think people need to back away from the notion that anyone who voted for Trump is a racist. I mean you are talking about half the country. We need to avoid the trap of thinking that if we disagree we have to vilify and hate. 

I didn't say half the country, it's more like 35% of the American electorate that bothers to vote. It's a significant but specific subset (an immovable one, apparently), not "half" the country. And if, 2.5 years into this presidency with a president who clearly wants to build a hate monument at our southern border, has killed migrant children in detention camps due to his immigration policies (the number is 7 dead and rising, I believe), denied black people housing and still believes the Central Park Five should be punished "for something", and wants to perma-ban Muslims from the country (and has now successfully done so to some degree), uh, yeah, that makes you a racist. No question. Those are just some examples, I could go on for hours. Some Trump voters have said it themselves: cruelty is the point. That deserves villification and hate, 100%. Let's have some accountability here. 

Explain to me, genuinely, how it doesn't. Because with all the evidence I have from Trump's entire life, much less the last 3 years, the onus is now on you to explain how supporting such a person at this juncture doesn't make you complicitly racist to one degree or another. :)

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I didn't say half the country, it's more like 35% of the American electorate that bothers to vote. It's a significant but specific subset (an immovable one, apparently), not "half" the country. And if, 2.5 years into this presidency with a president who clearly wants to build a hate monument at our southern border, has killed children in detention camps due to his immigration policies, denied black people housing and still believes the Central Park Five should be punished "for something", and wants to perma-ban Muslims from the country (and has now successfully done so to some degree), uh, yeah, that makes you a racist. No question. Those are just some examples, I could go on for hours. Some Trump voters have said it themselves: cruelty is the point. That deserves villification and hate, 100%. Let's have some accountability here. 

Explain to me, genuinely, how it doesn't. 

You view the group as monolithic. This is the lazy way to understand a group, and you’re not a lazy thinker!

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You view the group as monolithic. This is the lazy way to understand a group, and you’re not a lazy thinker!

But I'm not - I even said in an earlier post in this thread that still supporting Trump puts you on the sliding scale of racism - it doesn't mean you are specifically against a black Ariel, but you're probably racist in one way or another, this is incontrovertibly true at this point to me. If I'm wrong, explain to me how my post you quoted is incorrect, if I'm missing something it should be easy enough to explain to me heh. :)

I also added more to that post if that helps while you were quoting me. 

31 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I didn't say half the country, it's more like 35% of the American electorate that bothers to vote. It's a significant but specific subset (an immovable one, apparently), not "half" the country.

How about this self proclaimed not white supremacist taking a picture giving the white power sign with Duncan Hunter?

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/conservative-activist-at-center-of-controversial-photo-with-rep-duncan-hunter-talks-to-news-8/509-2cdb8f97-b27d-43d2-ab95-abae2a240c6d

On 7/10/2019 at 10:08 AM, Greatoneshere said:

I was being genuinely honest - I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how I'm being wrong in my characterization of a certain group - @sblfilms and @number305 tell me I'm clearly and easily wrongly - so surely someone can explain to me what I'm missing? :)

Sorry man, I have been off the site for a bit.  

I really don't care enough to get into a debate.  So I'm gonna drop it.  I have yet to see anyone's mind changed about religion or politics on the internet so I just don't see any purpose in discussing it.  

• Thanks 1

I was at a party last night and a few people were NOT okay with this. “If Tiana was cast as a white person people would lose their shit”. “Black people don’t have natural red hair” 

“Ariel is WHITE”

Me: Ariel is a drawing  

“A WHITE drawing” 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnny said:

I was at a party last night and a few people were NOT okay with this. “If Tiana was cast as a white person people would lose their shit”. “Black people don’t have natural red hair” 

“Ariel is WHITE”

Me: Ariel is a drawing  

“A WHITE drawing” 

hahahahahhahahhahahaahahhahaha

Infantile bitches

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

"Ariel is a drawing" is next level trolling by you on them. Love it.

2 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

hahahahahhahahhahahaahahhahaha

Infantile bitches

It’s amazing how one person will be ignorant enough to say it and then other people (and people you wouldn’t even expect) come out in agreement. Our president may be blatantly racist but there are still so many people who keep it on the low until they feel like it’s safe to share their dumb thoughts. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

It’s amazing how one person will be ignorant enough to say it and then other people (and people you wouldn’t even expect) come out in agreement. Our president may be blatantly racist but there are still so many people who keep it on the low until they feel like it’s safe to share their dumb thoughts. 

It's the little mermaid you Peter pan adults, get over it.

• Haha 1