The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf (anime prequel film - 23 August 2021) - Official Trailer

On 10/31/2019 at 5:48 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Jenniffer and Tris still look like children... not much older than Ciri.

As someone who is around their age, I do not think they look like children. One is (23(Yen) the other is 27(Triss).

I have a different issue. This is gonna sound (like I'm a dick) mean to the actresses, but I think the Netflix versions of Yen and Triss just don't really match the supposed beauty of the book versions or game versions. Although Yen looks far better in this trailer than from what I have seen before, it's not in a literal magical way.  I wouldn't call her ugly, but personally, I don't find the actress who plays Triss to be all that attractive. 

Part of that is because I can't get the game images out of my head, but I am pretty sure the book versions would be better looking if it was actually possible to compare them visually. And like, Cavill can easily be TW3 version of Geralt, but he doesn't really fit with the other versions in terms of looks. Of course, all of this really doesn't matter in the end, I suppose. I'd prefer them all of them to look different, well, I don't really have an opinion on Ciri, but I am pretty sure their looks really won't matter if the show is good enough. 

Edit. Ew. I just heard this show is like only 40% Geralt. It should be at least 60%. I couldn't care less about the other characters. 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:48 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Jenniffer and Tris still look like children... not much older than Ciri.

Yeah for a split second I thought “oh they look too young” then I remembered i was just basing that off TW3 versions and this takes place many years before that I believe. I think they’re supposed to be in their 20’s in this which to me, those actresses look spot on. 

This show was always going to have an uphill battle with that. Not only are you going against what people already created in their minds for these characters but very iconic versions of them from video games as well. 

personally I think they look great and I’m excited out of my mind for this. 

• 2 weeks later...

In the IGN article about the renewal there was an interesting quote.

Julian Parry,    The Witcher's VFX supervisor, told SFX Magazine (via GamesRadar), that the series "leans more towards horror  .  We’re definitely taking the fantasy out. I can honestly say we’re not fantastical. I mean, it’s fantastical but in a grounded horror sense."

On 11/1/2019 at 5:23 AM, Bacon said:

Edit. Ew. I just heard this show is like only 40% Geralt. It should be at least 60%. I couldn't care less about the other characters. 

Interestingly enough, large portions of the books do not involve Geralt after the initial short stories.

1 minute ago, johnny said:

I mean he says there is still fantasy stuff in it. I just think it’s probably better to not go all out in the beginning. 

This kind of show/movie is pretty much always better when they lean into the source material than act skittish about what kind of show they are.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It was an amazing Season. everyone loved it. No haters at all for a single episode. Flawlessly executed season. Obviously it would be renewed for another season. 

Who does "everyone" encompass? Are there are a lot of early reviews out that I'm missing?

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

EW had the most garbage review I've ever seen; the one critic even admitted she didn't watch the whole series, and just skipped to episodes arbitrarily.

so about on par with everything else that trash mag publishes. Magazine is made specifically to be flipped through in a Dr’s office while waiting for finger up your ass.