The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf (anime prequel film - 23 August 2021) - Official Trailer

I can get behind this. It really does look to be shaping up to their stab at capturing Game of Thrones fans. With that series done, this is probably not a bad time to go after them. That said, I'm terrified Netflix won't give the series breathing time and will be quick to cancel it, given the budget.

22 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I can get behind this. It really does look to be shaping up to their stab at capturing Game of Thrones fans. With that series done, this is probably not a bad time to go after them. That said, I'm terrified Netflix won't give the series breathing time and will be quick to cancel it, given the budget.

There's already a show for GoT fans on Netflix. It's called The Last Kingdom. 

But this looks really good. I literally just started Witcher 3, too. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

There's already a show for GoT fans on Netflix. It's called The Last Kingdom. 

But this looks really good. I literally just started Witcher 3, too. 

It almost annoys me that we have this one amazing thing we both like and then disagree on everything else lol

That trailer exceeded all hopes I had for the show. Looks amazing. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

It almost annoys me that we have this one amazing thing we both like and then disagree on everything else lol

That trailer exceeded all hopes I had for the show. Looks amazing. 

That's easy. Like more things that I like. 

18 minutes ago, legend said:

giphy.gif

On my shiny new RTX 2080 Ti, too. :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

It looks pretty damn good. I'm excited. I haven't read too much about production. Will this be based on any of the stories in the books? I've only read The Last Wish.

The series is based on the books; looking at the casting, it looks like at least three of the stories from The Last Wish will be touched upon (The Lesser Evil, A Question of Price, and The Edge of the World; it looks like the eponymous story might actually be featured too). It's actually been theorized that the first season will have the same type of narrative structure, with flashbacks to build up the individual backstories.

• Thanks 2

Looks great to me - director Alik Sakharov directed some of the best episodes of shows he's been a part of (Black Sails, The Americans, Dexter, Rome, etc.), and that looks to have carried over to this. Cavill looks even buffer than he did in Man of Steel, which I didn't think was possible.

He looks like he's really trying to become the character - you know he played the shit out of those games.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Looks great to me - director Alik Sakharov directed some of the best episodes of shows he's been a part of (Black Sails, The Americans, Dexter, Rome, etc.), and that looks to have carried over to this. Cavill looks even buffer than he did in Man of Steel, which I didn't think was possible.

He looks like he's really trying to become the character - you know he played the shit out of those games.

IIRC he's also played read at least some of the books. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I really should get around to reading this series. 

Need to read The Last Kingdom, too. :cry:

It looks like as of last year The Witcher books are finally all in English. And that they've finally gone back and translated the second book (they originally stupidly skipped straight from 1 to 3, I had to read a fan translation of 2).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...