Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Firewithin

Television The Witcher (Netflix) - December 20 release, update: renewed for second season

Recommended Posts

I have zero expectations that this will be any good - I'll be watching solely to see just how bad it can possibly get :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's going to be fantastic and I look forward to all of you eating shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With how well HBO did with Gam of Thrones this could potentially be the next big thing set in a fantasy setting. There are plenty of books to get material from. Not gonna set my expectations too high but the books have been great and the game is my favorite RPG this gen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He’s missing a sword

 

Does he even carry around that second sword art all times in the books? I thought that was just a game mechanic for simplifying things. I was under the impression he normally stores it somewhere or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He’s missing a sword

 

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

Does he even carry around that second sword art all times in the books? I thought that was just a game mechanic for simplifying things. I was under the impression he normally stores it somewhere or something like that.

 

Correct; in the books he keeps it stored, and only takes it out for especially rare situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris- said:

I think it's going to be fantastic and I look forward to all of you eating shit.

 

I just said it has the potential to be good asshole. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

I just said it has the potential to be good asshole. :p 

 

CLEARLY YOU WERE JUST PLAYING IT SAFE INSTEAD OF PICKING A DAMN SIDE!

:p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

 

CLEARLY YOU WERE JUST PLAYING IT SAFE INSTEAD OF PICKING A DAMN SIDE!

:p 

 

Your mother sucks dwarf cock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

CLEARLY YOU WERE JUST PLAYING IT SAFE INSTEAD OF PICKING A DAMN SIDE!

:p 

 

Haha, true enough. I mean, the pictures look good, the main actor (Henry Cavill) is immensely committed to the part given his personal obsession with the games and it looks well funded. I just need to know more about the showrunners and writers and directors first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greatoneshere said:

 

Haha, true enough. I mean, the pictures look good, the main actor (Henry Cavill) is immensely committed to the part given his personal obsession with the games and it looks well funded. I just need to know more about the showrunners and writers and directors first. 

 

I think the current pictures look great and certainly are capturing the look of the characters well, which is a good sign, IMO. :sun: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

Haha, true enough. I mean, the pictures look good, the main actor (Henry Cavill) is immensely committed to the part given his personal obsession with the games and it looks well funded. I just need to know more about the showrunners and writers and directors first. 

 

The showrunner is a woman and pissed off scores of Online White Men looooong before these photos were released, so she has a lot of potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

I think the current pictures look great and certainly are capturing the look of the characters well, which is a good sign, IMO. :sun: 

 

Yeah, I mean, people online are so cynical. I want everything that's made to be good, and I try to use the evidence on hand to predict if something will be good or not. But I want everything to be the best version of itself. I want a really great The Witcher TV series. Doesn't everyone? Let's hope it is, and unless someone can specifically point to why something won't be good, I don't see any reason to hate on something just because it's easy to hate on things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris- said:

The showrunner is a woman and pissed off scores of Online White Men looooong before these photos were released, so she has a lot of potential.

 

I looked up the previous thread about this show to try to remind myself what exactly the complaints were but it quickly just turned into a thread about beards and Wade's weird dietary habits. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah what's up with that?

According to reddit Roach carries the other sword. This is based off the books, not the game, where he only carries a single sword on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nokt said:

According to reddit Roach carries the other sword. This is based off the books, not the game, where he only carries a single sword on him. 

 

As much as I like the games I'm really glad they're going back to the original books. Different interpretations of the source material are always more interesting than just taking all the best parts from different canonizations (though that's fine too). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

 

As much as I like the games I'm really glad they're going back to the original books. Different interpretations of the source material are always more interesting than just taking all the best parts from different canonizations (though that's fine too). 

 

Me too. I don't want to watch The Witcher Game: The TV Show. 

 

They nailed the costumes though. Looks really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something about these images isn't working for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, legend said:

Something about these images isn't working for me.

 

Have you tried clearing your cache?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

 

Have you tried clearing your cache?

 

I tried, but it didn't change my emotional reaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, legend said:

I tried, but it didn't change my emotional reaction.

 

They kinda-sorta have a slight cosplay vibe to them. I'll reserve judgment for actual footage though, there's been plenty of time things haven't looked good in stills and then looked fine in motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

They kinda-sorta have a slight cosplay vibe to them. I'll reserve judgment for actual footage though, there's been plenty of time things haven't looked good in stills and then looked fine in motion.

 

Your mother felates naked mole rats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say, the 'hEs MiSsING a SwOrD!!!!' comments all over the internet are doing a good job of distinguishing between who read the books, and who is illiterate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, legend said:

Something about these images isn't working for me.

I hate the way his hair looks. It looks hella off to me. Like very fine stringed mop. I hate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...