The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf (anime prequel film - 23 August 2021) - Official Trailer

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He’s missing a sword

Does he even carry around that second sword art all times in the books? I thought that was just a game mechanic for simplifying things. I was under the impression he normally stores it somewhere or something like that.

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He’s missing a sword

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Does he even carry around that second sword art all times in the books? I thought that was just a game mechanic for simplifying things. I was under the impression he normally stores it somewhere or something like that.

Correct; in the books he keeps it stored, and only takes it out for especially rare situations.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

CLEARLY YOU WERE JUST PLAYING IT SAFE INSTEAD OF PICKING A DAMN SIDE!

:p 

Haha, true enough. I mean, the pictures look good, the main actor (Henry Cavill) is immensely committed to the part given his personal obsession with the games and it looks well funded. I just need to know more about the showrunners and writers and directors first. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

Haha, true enough. I mean, the pictures look good, the main actor (Henry Cavill) is immensely committed to the part given his personal obsession with the games and it looks well funded. I just need to know more about the showrunners and writers and directors first. 

I think the current pictures look great and certainly are capturing the look of the characters well, which is a good sign, IMO. :sun: 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The showrunner is a woman and pissed off scores of Online White Men looooong before these photos were released, so she has a lot of potential.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I think the current pictures look great and certainly are capturing the look of the characters well, which is a good sign, IMO. :sun: 

Yeah, I mean, people online are so cynical. I want everything that's made to be good, and I try to use the evidence on hand to predict if something will be good or not. But I want everything to be the best version of itself. I want a really great The Witcher TV series. Doesn't everyone? Let's hope it is, and unless someone can specifically point to why something won't be good, I don't see any reason to hate on something just because it's easy to hate on things. 

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

The showrunner is a woman and pissed off scores of Online White Men looooong before these photos were released, so she has a lot of potential.

I looked up the previous thread about this show to try to remind myself what exactly the complaints were but it quickly just turned into a thread about beards and Wade's weird dietary habits. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Nokt said:

According to reddit Roach carries the other sword. This is based off the books, not the game, where he only carries a single sword on him. 

As much as I like the games I'm really glad they're going back to the original books. Different interpretations of the source material are always more interesting than just taking all the best parts from different canonizations (though that's fine too). 

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

As much as I like the games I'm really glad they're going back to the original books. Different interpretations of the source material are always more interesting than just taking all the best parts from different canonizations (though that's fine too). 

Me too. I don't want to watch The Witcher Game: The TV Show. 

They nailed the costumes though. Looks really good. 

36 minutes ago, legend said:

I tried, but it didn't change my emotional reaction.

They kinda-sorta have a slight cosplay vibe to them. I'll reserve judgment for actual footage though, there's been plenty of time things haven't looked good in stills and then looked fine in motion.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

They kinda-sorta have a slight cosplay vibe to them. I'll reserve judgment for actual footage though, there's been plenty of time things haven't looked good in stills and then looked fine in motion.

Your mother felates naked mole rats

• 2 weeks later...