The Sandman (Netflix) - second season renewal finally confirmed

I read a few odd issues of this back in the 90s, but I wasn't really into it.

I've loved the first half of the season. I think they did a great job and I really look forward to this being around for a while. Hopefully it is.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 7:16 AM, Mercury33 said:

BONUS EPISODES!!!

Im so psyched they actually did the cat the story!!

Cat story and Calliope? Fuck yes!

Edit: watched it, both were great and perfectly well done. I know it's weird to say, but I wish they showed a little more of the fact that Richard Madoc is raping Calliope. I feel like it was kind of vague but you really need to villainize this character. Other than that all well done. Also McAvoy, audiobook Dream, made an appearance! He was the enlightened man in the cat story.

30 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Regarding Season 2...

If Netflix doesn't pick it up for a second season, I'm not sure that anyone else will either.

I think Gaiman just doesn't want to count his chickens quite yet. Better to keep telling everyone to go watch it than say: "yep, we're all good". 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I think Gaiman just doesn't want to count his chickens quite yet. Better to keep telling everyone to go watch it than say: "yep, we're all good". 

While that may be true, the "tone" of the statement could have the opposite effect and potentially dissuade an otherwise ambivalent viewer from making the time investment to watch something whose future is still nebulous.

• True 1

46 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

While that may be true, the "tone" of the statement could have the opposite effect and potentially dissuade an otherwise ambivalent viewer from making the time investment to watch something whose future is still nebulous.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Gaiman has said they had always planned to wait a month before Netflix would make a decision, so it's future is definitely currently nebulous.

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Sandman (Netflix) - second season renewal finally confirmed

About fucking time. Netflix was really waiting on this one, over 3 months to renew it, one of their flagship shows since Stranger Things is ending next season and Henry Cavill just walked away from The Witcher. 

Hopefully season 2 stays as faithful as season 1 did to the source material while making changes where necessary. Season 2 is where things will get really good. More need to watch and support this show!

• 3 months later...