Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 w/Ray-Tracing

Spork3245

38 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

What the hell am I even looking at. 

The part where it went all gray was kinda cool, I guess. 

Ray Tracing is basically a real time lighting technique. The first pass shows what the game normally looks like. The scene is lit with artificial lighting. The second pass is with ray tracing. Imagine walking into a pitch dark room and you light a match and the light from that match lights all the surfaces of the room you're in. Instead of before when the lights were fake and painted on.

I dunno that probably doesn't make sense.

• Thanks 1

The character's shadow around the 1 minute mark. :sick: Not something that should be shown in a video that is meant to look impressive. 

As for the reflections, I feel like it'll get weird having the floors in these RTX games looking like they were just waxed 5 mins ago. Some of those look like they should not be shiny at all. Are they ALL wet? Covered in a thin sheet of ice??

Oh snap, my bad. I just saw Star Wars in the title and was thinking the video was showing RTX implementation in an early build of the new SW game. This explains so much. :lol:

:doh:

In my defense I'm running on low sleep + a few brief naps. :sleep:

53 minutes ago, Raggit said:

Oh snap, my bad. I just saw Star Wars in the title and was thinking the video was showing RTX implementation in an early build of the new SW game. This explains so much. :lol:

:doh:

In my defense I'm running on low sleep + a few brief naps. :sleep:

Haha, nope, it’s a 9-year-old game. Kinda impressive the difference RT can make, even when just on reflections, huh? :p