Reservations for Taco Bell’s hotel sell out in 2 minutes

Commissar SFLUFAN

User demand overwhelmed the chain’s website as customers tried to reserve rooms at The Bell.

Less than a minute after bookings went live, the website was already overwhelmed by the demand. Some users attempting to book a room received a message saying the website was experiencing “higher than normal traffic” and to “keep your crossed fingers on that refresh button.”

@The def star

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

But why? 

Mans why do people like Taco Bell so much? Especially in the south where there is a plethora of amazing, genuine Mexican food? 

My Mexican in-laws love Taco Bell. It's its own category. I still think it's hot garbage though.

5 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Yet again, Demolition Man proves prophetic in its portrayal of the future. Can not wait for the three seashells scientific breakthrough.

For fucks sake PLEASE will someone finally tell me how this is supposed to work!? It's the 3rd looming question after "Are We Alone?" (NOPE!) and "What happens after we die?"

6 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

But why? 

Mans why do people like Taco Bell so much? Especially in the south where there is a plethora of amazing, genuine Mexican food? 

Hell I live in upstate NY and not only can I go to 3 different spots with WAY better, genuinely authentic Mexican food on top of what I can whip up in my own kitchen!

The "authentic" Mexican restaurant near where i live doesn't serve soft shell tacos so i go to taco bell when i crave those. They also don't have Mexican pizza which is one of my favorite things to order at taco bell.

1 hour ago, John said:

The "authentic" Mexican restaurant near where i live doesn't serve soft shell tacos so i go to taco bell when i crave those. They also don't have Mexican pizza which is one of my favorite things to order at taco bell.

Get yourself a pizza stone to permanently have in your oven (makes the heat distribution much more even whenever you are roasting/baking anything even if its technically a convection oven) and just prepare yourself an open faced quesadilla with whatever fillings you prepare/season/choose. This way, you also get to choose how big your pizza is dependent on how big of a flour tortilla you get yourself beforehand!

20 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

But why? 

19 hours ago, Jose said:

My Mexican in-laws love Taco Bell. It's its own category. I still think it's hot garbage though.

I like eating at Costa Vida. A guy I work with who grew up in Mexico always says "that's not authentic Mexican food" whenever the subject is brought up. I have to explain to him every time that authenticity is literally the last thing you should care about. I'm not throwing something delicious into the garbage just because it's not "authentic".

Taco Bell is horrific though.

<---- lives in South Texas

Not to speak on behalf of anyone else's mexican food, but I've been to restaurants in other states that offer "authentic" mexican/tex-mex food, and most of them are so far off it's not even funny. It gets worse the further north you get.

The reasoning is simple; they might have had "authentic" mexican food at some point, but it never sold, because what the people that went there expected was tex-mex or american mexican food, so they adapted to what the people wanted. They still advertise it as "authentic" cuz that's what gets people in the door. 

Just like how chinese restaurants have sweet n sour chicken and beef n broccoli, despite the fact that chinese people would never eat that shit in a million years.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I haven't had this garbage tier of fast food in over 10 years now.

David Chang stans Domino's and Anthony Bourdain loved KFC mac-n-cheese, but you know, congratulations on telling us you haven't had Taco Bell in over ten years.

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

David Chang stans Domino's and Anthony Bourdain loved KFC mac-n-cheese, but you know, congratulations on telling us you haven't had Taco Bell in over ten years.

Remember how during the chocolate babka episode (I think it's that episode) of Seinfeld, when Jerry goes to puke, he mentions how it's 15 years or something like that without puking down the drain for him? That's kind of where I am with it at this point, it was initially about not wanting to eat the food but it's become mostly keeping the streak going for its own sake at this point. 

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

I can also attest to the fact that I can easily make home-made food just as unhealthy as fast food.

I mean shit, a double ShackBurger still has over 2,000mg of sodium and it's considered fast casual, above fast food. The quality of the meat is way better than other places, but it's still unhealthy as fuck.