Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Television NBC is removing 'The Office' from Netflix in 2021 and putting it on its new streaming service

Recommended Posts

I still watch an episode occasionally here and there on Netflix. I'm definitely going to miss it. No way I'm signing up for an NBC streaming service lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, good thing I'm watching it for the second time on Netflix now. 

 

Getting to be too many streaming services. I'm content with pirating some stuff if this is going to be the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont get it. The show was good, but 100 million? Damn. I mean I get that it's worth that. I dont get the hullabaloo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This streaming service wave is going to implode.

 

NBC has absolutely nothing that even appeals to me to even consider a sub. I may not subscribe to other services outside of Netflix, Hulu, and WWE but other services have content that make consider here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care for the show but this sure to create some :pirate_2:. I mean, that is all this bs streaming shit is doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

NBC has absolutely nothing that even appeals to me to even consider a sub.

 

Not even The Blacklist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just buy the DVDs used on eBay and rip them to my Plex server then. Lol at the idea of paying for a streaming service of an OTA network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'll just buy the DVDs used on eBay and rip them to my Plex server then. Lol at the idea of paying for a streaming service of an OTA network.

 

All Access :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmaoooo ain’t nobody buying some nbc streaming service. I couldn’t even tell you what shows are NBC shows. I typically don’t rewatch shows. The office I’ll rewatch on Netflix but it’ll be like it’s too late to watch a movie but I don’t want to sleep yet so I’ll watch an episode or two of the office. Wouldn’t even pay 5 dollars a month for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, johnny said:

Lmaoooo ain’t nobody buying some nbc streaming service. I couldn’t even tell you what shows are NBC shows. I typically don’t rewatch shows. The office I’ll rewatch on Netflix but it’ll be like it’s too late to watch a movie but I don’t want to sleep yet so I’ll watch an episode or two of the office. Wouldn’t even pay 5 dollars a month for it. 

 

You can get all your Law and Order spinoffs. And Jimmy Fallon reruns. :daydream:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

 

You can get all your Law and Order spinoffs. And Jimmy Fallon reruns. :daydream:

Executive Producer Dick Wolf streaming service 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, johnny said:

I couldn’t even tell you what shows are NBC shows. I typically don’t rewatch shows.

 

How about This Is Us? Looks cheesy as fuck every time they show a commercial for it during SNF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

How about This Is Us? Looks cheesy as fuck every time they show a commercial for it during SNF.

I watched two seasons of it. Once they show you how the dad in the show dies (it’s a mystery for a while) the show fell of a cliff. Realistically it was bad the whole second season but the dad mystery box kept me engaged. It’s basically the primetime soap opera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Not even The Blacklist?

Haven't watched it. Guess I need to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Haven't watched it. Guess I need to check it out.

For me that show was must see for the first couple seasons... then they kind of went away from the central premise of the show and it got a little too much for me.  I stopped watching it long ago... maybe it got good again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just please skip straight to the part where we just invent cable again? Disney is going to have at least three major streaming services, AT&T/Warner will have two. Other networks like CBS, NBC, have apps, plus a million apps that are channel specific. Then you've got the tech giants like Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, and Apple. There's just a ton of stuff, and as they're all competing with each other, they're all going to inevitably raise their prices to pay for everything, and pretty soon we're going to hit the ceiling of what people are willing to pay. The less successful services that can't garner a sufficient subscriber base will get rolled into others, and soon enough everything will just be a bundle again, and we'll have re-invented cable TV, but on the internet.

 

In the meantime it means all these doomed streaming services are going to desperately try and poach just enough content to justify a subscription, and it's going to continue to be a freaking pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John said:

What happened to all the support for Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

 

?

It was successfully renewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

Can we just please skip straight to the part where we just invent cable again? Disney is going to have at least three major streaming services, AT&T/Warner will have two. Other networks like CBS, NBC, have apps, plus a million apps that are channel specific. Then you've got the tech giants like Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, and Apple. There's just a ton of stuff, and as they're all competing with each other, they're all going to inevitably raise their prices to pay for everything, and pretty soon we're going to hit the ceiling of what people are willing to pay. The less successful services that can't garner a sufficient subscriber base will get rolled into others, and soon enough everything will just be a bundle again, and we'll have re-invented cable TV, but on the internet.

 

In the meantime it means all these doomed streaming services are going to desperately try and poach just enough content to justify a subscription, and it's going to continue to be a freaking pain.

I certainly hope there will be a hulu/Disney combo pack that isn't full price.  Amazon I still consider part of my prime membership... then Netflix and HBO GO.  After those I can't/won't do any more.  At least not without figuring out which of the others I would cancel.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

 

?

It was successfully renewed.

I'm talking about everybody saying NBC doesn't have anything worth watching yet Brooklyn Nine-Nine was saved by NBC. Sounds like nobody here plans on watching it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 9:47 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

I knew a guy who would just watch this show on netflix every night at work.

That is so depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Office is the most-watched show on Netflix. Friends is second but not even close to what The Office gets.

 

Netflix also made The Office significantly more popular than it was when it aired on NBC according to an NBC chairman.

 

This is a huge reason why Netflix is bulking up its own content; Netflix originals have grown a lot in terms of views since last year, and they're gonna need that as stuff like The Office and probably Friends are removed from the network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The Office is the most-watched show on Netflix. Friends is second but not even close to what The Office gets.

 

Netflix also made The Office significantly more popular than it was when it aired on NBC according to an NBC chairman.

 

This is a huge reason why Netflix is bulking up its own content; Netflix originals have grown a lot in terms of views since last year, and they're gonna need that as stuff like The Office and probably Friends are removed from the network.

Yep yep.

 

Netflix has been dumping tons into new development for years.  They have some legit hits like Stranger Things.  They are going to need to keep those going because the future does not look good for them getting other providers goods.  Eventually everyone is going to have their own streaming services.  That will someday contract again because several of them will fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is room in this world for 2 or 3 streaming services... and that's it. Consumers are not going to be down to pay for 7 or 8 different streaming services. This is not sustainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have cable. The experience of watching shows recorded off of cable onto a TiVo is still 10 times better than streaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

<---- Never got rid of cable, feeling pretty smug right about now :p

 

There are cable alternatives like YoutubeTV that work just as good and you don't get reamed in the ass by the cable company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ort said:

I also have cable. The experience of watching shows recorded off of cable onto a TiVo is still 10 times better than streaming.

 

You still use Tivo? :thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...