FFVII Remake is $49.94 on Amazon/Wal-Mart, Deluxe Edition is also $10 off

SaysWho?

18 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Really? You are skeptic that one of the best selling games in history which will sell millions of copies and make a fortune for SE gets finished? No way SE started this project without intention to finish it. It’s one of Squares most important legacy games from the series that made them what they are.  I have zero doubt this gets finished. XIII sold something like 6 million at release. And it was horrible.

What metric are you using for one of the best selling games ever?? 

It sold around 10 million copies I think. Which is really good, but it’s also not like holy shit anything related to FF7 cannot fail.

Also, SE is notorious for considering successful games failures and pulling the plug on sequels, so there’s that as well. 

Also, again, one of the leads on the game itself is not sure if they’ll get to make all of them. 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

What metric are you using for one of the best selling games ever?? 

It sold around 10 million copies I think. Which is really good, but it’s also not like holy shit anything related to FF7 cannot fail.

Also, SE is notorious for considering successful games failures and pulling the plug on sequels, so there’s that as well. 

Also, again, one of the leads on the game itself is not sure if they’ll get to make all of them. 

Apoc was always known for hyperbole. :p 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Oh shit that’s Apoc?? What’s good apoc? 

Eh, can't confirm it, but a lot of people think so. I didn't at first, but the more he talks, the more I think he is. And with the way apoc left here, he'd never admit it if it were him. He just pretends those types of posts don't exist when people mention it.

• Like 1

The stuff from E3 didn't sell me on this. Digging into Midgar is nice and I'm glad they're wanting to make it a full game worth of content, but unless they completely change when the main story beats happen this game will end with absolutely nothing resolved and no questions answered. It will literally just be a bunch of teases and questions and then it will end. Especially in regards to Cloud and Sephiroth, since it looks like they're going to go all in on Cloud hallucinations. I'm also not sold on the combat, what does this mean for Aerith? Is she going to have to smack enemies to be able to use magic too?

I'll probably play it at some point, but they haven't earned a purchase from me yet.

6 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

That’s cool, I just think this first game is rounding into pretty good form, and it’s just a bit extreme to take an all or nothing stance on it. You might miss out on a fun game out of stubbornness.

It's a Square Enix action RPG. It won't be fun. It'll be tolerable so you can try and enjoy the story, which is also bad because it's FF7 trying to take itself seriously. Just give me a definitive version of 6, you fucking hacks!

24 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It's a Square Enix action RPG. It won't be fun. It'll be tolerable so you can try and enjoy the story, which is also bad because it's FF7 trying to take itself seriously. Just give me a definitive version of 6, you fucking hacks!

I was about to give you the guillotine because once again you're a sourpuss who criticizes almost everything and can't imagine why people like things you complain about.

But then you mentioned FF VI and that sorta evened it out.

39 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The only action RPG from square I have liked is FFXII, but I liked what I saw from 7. 

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, can't confirm it, but a lot of people think so. I didn't at first, but the more he talks, the more I think he is. And with the way apoc left here, he'd never admit it if it were him. He just pretends those types of posts don't exist when people mention it.

The posting style is identical.

I pre-ordered FFVII for one main reason: it was the most fun looking game at E3 2019.  $10 off from Amazon is the cherry on top.

As long as they flesh it out into a long enough game, I'll be happy.  Cliffhangers I don't care about, I've already seen this story to its end before.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It seriously is. I don't know what I was thinking before when I said y'all were crazy for thinking it, but one say it just struck me and I'm like "how did I not see this before?"

I admit when I'm wrong. :p 

I didn’t make the connection until you just posted. There has been something familiar about him...but, yeah, wow.

8 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Really? You are skeptic that one of the best selling games in history which will sell millions of copies and make a fortune for SE gets finished? No way SE started this project without intention to finish it. It’s one of Squares most important legacy games from the series that made them what they are.  I have zero doubt this gets finished. XIII sold something like 6 million at release. And it was horrible.

And I remember your amazing hot take of EA will never kill off Bioware because they are so profitable (in regards to that PapEA image)

And the guillotine is coming soon...

13 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

The first time this was announced was that Sony E3 right? When Sony also announced a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 and everyone went apeshit?   Was that really 5 years ago? 

WRONG.

It was 4. :p  Ah, Last Guardian/FF7R/Shenmue III, plus Horizon/Dream announcements and that crazy Uncharted 4 set piece? It was a hell of a 90 minutes for me.

• Like 1