Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SaysWho?

Sony FFVII Remake is $49.94 on Amazon/Wal-Mart, Deluxe Edition is also $10 off

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'll wait for the "complete collection"

 

I'll be the judge of what you wait for and what you pre-order. :| 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

 

I'll be the judge of what you wait for and what you pre-order. :| 

 

guilty on all counts GIF by Oxygen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many parts is it going to be broken up into? This could be the most expensive game in video game history for the entire thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ARZ said:

How many parts is it going to be broken up into? This could be the most expensive game in video game history for the entire thing.

I believe they have said that they don’t know how many episodes it will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARZ said:

How many parts is it going to be broken up into? This could be the most expensive game in video game history for the entire thing.

They are considering this a standalone game, essentially. 

 

They are planning and hoping to make more, but this isn’t going to be an episodic thing where you get one every year or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, waiting for the full game to actually come out. I don't care if SE considers this a standalone game. It isn't. They could make Episode 1 have 300 hours of content and I'll still pass until the full game is out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, waiting for the full game to actually come out. I don't care if SE considers this a standalone game. It isn't. They could make Episode 1 have 300 hours of content and I'll still pass until the full game is out. 

 

What if Episode 3 was 300 hours of grinding to defeat Emerald/Ruby Weapons?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, waiting for the full game to actually come out. I don't care if SE considers this a standalone game. It isn't. They could make Episode 1 have 300 hours of content and I'll still pass until the full game is out. 

I think maybe you just might not ever buy the games then lol. I’m skeptical it ever comes to completion I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This packaging doesn't mention episodic. How many episodes is this being broken down for? Also charging us $50 each episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m skeptical it ever comes to completion I guess. 

THIS is the reason I am waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bacon said:

THIS is the reason I am waiting.

That’s cool, I just think this first game is rounding into pretty good form, and it’s just a bit extreme to take an all or nothing stance on it. You might miss out on a fun game out of stubbornness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

You might miss out on a fun game out of stubbornness.

It isn't stubbornness tho? It isn't like I said I'd never play it. I'll just never player if it doesn't get finished. I was already fucked over by Kingdom Hearts. Never again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bacon said:

It isn't stubbornness tho? It isn't like I said I'd never play it. I'll just never player if it doesn't get finished. I was already fucked over by Kingdom Hearts. Never again. 

What do you mean about kingdom hearts?? 

 

I guess I don’t really know what you mean. 

 

You've played a lot of games that had planned sequels that never happened.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've only shown Midgar, so I assume it's still episodic even though they're advertising summons in this which weren't available in Midgar in the original game.

 

However, if this is a full-length game, which it's supposed to be, I really don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

You've played a lot of games that had planned sequels that never happened.  

Well, like, FF7 is already complete. There shouldn't be sequels to the remake. I shouldn't have to be skeptical that a finished game won't actually be finished. And I don't recall playing many games that didn't finish their story in one game or didn't finish all together.  So, like, no I haven't played a lot of games like that. And for those that I have gotten that were like that, I wish I had never gotten them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaysWho? said:

They've only shown Midgar, so I assume it's still episodic even though they're advertising summons in this which weren't available in Midgar in the original game.

 

However, if this is a full-length game, which it's supposed to be, I really don't care.

They said at E3 they are considering this a full-length game (it’ll likely end as you escape Midgar). 

 

They said a little work has started on the second game, but they have stepped back on referring to these as episodes. They are very specifically using the term “game.”

 

Just FYI, maybe you already know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, like, FF7 is already complete. There shouldn't be sequels to the remake. I shouldn't have to be skeptical that a finished game won't actually be finished. And I don't recall playing many games that didn't finish their story in one game or didn't finish all together.  So, like, no I haven't played a lot of games like that. And for those that I have gotten that were like that, I wish I had never gotten them. 

You’re right, it is a little unprecedented since we already have the full game out there.

 

Maybe stubborn is the wrong word, but I think it’s a shame to not play the game solely because it’s only a piece of a larger story. If it turns out awesome and you’re a fan of the first game, it yeah just seems like a waste not to play it. 

 

Also on those games that didn’t get sequels, I’m saying a lot of them you have no idea didn’t get their planned sequels because it was never reported that they were going to have one.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

However, if this is a full-length game, which it's supposed to be, I really don't care.

But it isn't. It is a game divided into parts. Like, if you went to a restaurant and got a three-course meal you'd eat the appetizer, entree, and then dessert, which is like 1-3 pounds of food. This is what the original FF7 is. The remake is still that, but you don't get it in one sitting. You go to the restaurant and order the meal and you get 3 pounds of appetizers and then are told to come back next week for the entree. Then you come back next week and get your 3 pound entree. A week after that you come back and get your 3 pounds of dessert. 

 

This is what FF7R is to me and I don't want that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bacon said:

But it isn't. It is a game divided into parts. Like, if you went to a restaurant and got a three-course meal you'd eat the appetizer, entree, and then dessert, which is like 1-3 pounds of food. This is what the original FF7 is. The remake is still that, but you don't get it in one sitting. You go to the restaurant and order the meal and you get 3 pounds of appetizers and then are told to come back next week for the entree. Then you come back next week and get your 3 pound entree. A week after that you come back and get your 3 pounds of dessert. 

 

This is what FF7R is to me and I don't want that. 

 

That's not what it is, though. They're not just taking the first game and ending it after Midgar or after Kalm or after the second Jenova battle. It's a full-fledged remake that we've been told is a full-length game for each part. The only thing divided is the original story in 7, not amount of content in each part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

But it isn't. It is a game divided into parts. Like, if you went to a restaurant and got a three-course meal you'd eat the appetizer, entree, and then dessert, which is like 1-3 pounds of food. This is what the original FF7 is. The remake is still that, but you don't get it in one sitting. You go to the restaurant and order the meal and you get 3 pounds of appetizers and then are told to come back next week for the entree. Then you come back next week and get your 3 pound entree. A week after that you come back and get your 3 pounds of dessert. 

 

This is what FF7R is to me and I don't want that. 

That’s a bad analogy. If they are able to do what they want to do, it’s more like hey we’re not giving you a three part meal - we’re taking what used to be a three part meal and making three separate meals, and we’re hoping you enjoy each for what they are but also appreciate them as a whole as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

we’re taking what used to be a three part meal and making three separate meals, and we’re hoping you enjoy each for what they are but also appreciate them as a whole as well. 

I thought like this too, except, a meal in parts. Like, lets say you got a Rib, fries, and slaw platter. Well, Now you get 3 pounds of fries fries the first week, 3 pounds of ribs the next, and 3 pounds of slaw the week after that. 

 

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

That's not what it is, though. They're not just taking the first game and ending it after Midgar or after Kalm or after the second Jenova battle. It's a full-fledged remake that we've been told is a full-length game for each part. The only thing divided is the original story in 7, not amount of content in each part.

That is what I just said. You still get 3 pounds of food each week, but one week is apps, then the entree, and then Dessert. And no, a full-fledged remake does not come out in fucking parts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I thought like this too, except, a meal in parts. Like, lets say you got a Rib, fries, and slaw platter. Well, Now you get 3 pounds of fries fries the first week, 3 pounds of ribs the next, and 3 pounds of slaw the week after that. 

 

That is what I just said. You still get 3 pounds of food each week, but one week is apps, then the entree, and then Dessert. And no, a full-fledged remake does not come out in fucking parts. 

 

The reason I feel what I said is different is because 3 pounds of dessert is way different than 3 pounds of the entree. This isn't supposed to be like that at all; it's supposed to be multiple full-length games, period. And coming out in parts I don't feel has anything to do with what's a remake and what isn't since this isn't taking a full game and making it three thirds of one game or whatever they're doing; it's making multiple full games out of one story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

it's making multiple full games out of one story. 

Not a game, but that went so well for the Hobbit. And the isn't full length until all of the story is out. This isn't a new game. This is a remake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I thought like this too, except, a meal in parts. Like, lets say you got a Rib, fries, and slaw platter. Well, Now you get 3 pounds of fries fries the first week, 3 pounds of ribs the next, and 3 pounds of slaw the week after that. 

 

That is what I just said. You still get 3 pounds of food each week, but one week is apps, then the entree, and then Dessert. And no, a full-fledged remake does not come out in fucking parts. 

I mean we have no idea what Square is going to really give us, but they way I see it is

 

OG FF7 - Disc 1 is ribs, Disc 2 is fries, Disc 3 is slaw. FF7R isn't just the ribs repackaged with shiny new graphics, Square is claiming its a full fledged game, which to me says new content, more gamplay, new stories, its expanding upon the ribs. I don't consider new content as just more ribs, maybe you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Not a game, but that went so well for the Hobbit. And the isn't full length until all of the story is out. This isn't a new game. This is a remake. 

 

That's true, and I've wondered if the story will feel stretched at all, but I also know games are different. Content, side quests, fun factor, etc. are part of the experience as well as the story. The Hobbit lived and died on stretching a story thin. FF7R could add a ton of lore, or flesh things out meaningfully, or feel stretched, but if everything else is really good, then it won't be the same imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I don't consider new content as just more ribs, maybe you do.

I do, because it is the same story. By the end of the game, nothing will truly change. Same ribs, same spices, but also some new spices. And no, I don't want the story to actually change by the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I think maybe you just might not ever buy the games then lol. I’m skeptical it ever comes to completion I guess. 

Really? You are skeptic that one of the best selling games in history which will sell millions of copies and make a fortune for SE gets finished? No way SE started this project without intention to finish it. It’s one of Squares most important legacy games from the series that made them what they are.  I have zero doubt this gets finished. XIII sold something like 6 million at release. And it was horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I feel like they'll finish it one of these days, but Square is awful at finishing big games in a timely manner. This game is taking 5 years from the time it was first shown and it's not even a complete game. Look at numerous other examples. Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XIII, FF vs XIII, which later turned into XV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, I feel like they'll finish it one of these days, but Square is awful at finishing big games in a timely manner. This game is taking 5 years from the time it was first shown and it's not even a complete game. Look at numerous other examples. Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XIII, FF vs XIII, which later turned into XV. 

Yeah 5 years from when it was announced, who knows how long its been in development and FF7R2 is only is pre-production. Could be another 5 years before we see it come out. 

I feel like I read that they said this was their main focus now, maybe they will pull from some of the smaller development teams and get them out sooner. 

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I do, because it is the same story. By the end of the game, nothing will truly change. Same ribs, same spices, but also some new spices. And no, I don't want the story to actually change by the end. 

Fair enough, I don't, you do. Pre-established lore hasn't ever stopped me from enjoying a game where I knew the outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, I feel like they'll finish it one of these days, but Square is awful at finishing big games in a timely manner. This game is taking 5 years from the time it was first shown and it's not even a complete game. Look at numerous other examples. Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XIII, FF vs XIII, which later turned into XV. 

 

When you think about it.... Square's big RPGs this gen are mostly stuff they showed off at Sony's 2013 E3 (KH3 and Versus 13 which they showed was renamed to 15). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Pre-established lore hasn't ever stopped me from enjoying a game where I knew the outcome. 

Oh, lol. Yeah, it totally does for me. I have no interest in most prequels for this very reason. It is the reason I have no interest in any LOTR's tv series, and the other GOT series that will come out. I'd rather see stuff that happens after those stories end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaysWho? said:

 

When you think about it.... Square's big RPGs this gen are mostly stuff they showed off at Sony's 2013 E3 (KH3 and Versus 13 which they showed was renamed to 15). 

Yep. And it's not even like the long dev times and delays always result in the games being awesome. 

 

Like, when Nintendo delays a game, I'm somewhat disappointed, but ultimately I know it's for the best and I'll get an excellent product. Square on the other hand...I hated XIII, XV appears to be overly complicated and mediocre, and what I've played of KH3 so far isn't bad, but after waiting so long, it feels kinda anticlimactic.

 

I still have hope for FF VII, because I'm more comfortable with the combat changes, but this whole idea of splitting it up and it taking a decade to be finished is kind of a bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...