TurboGrafx-16 gets miniaturized

vaxick

Konami isn’t going to list it on amazon.ca and no way i’m paying over $120 usd after tax and shipping to me. I can buy an actual tg16 for that price. -.-

On the flip side, I see all 3 models are on amazon.jp, I’ll keep tabs on those instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I really don't know which version to get. I have narrowed it down to PC Engine or the Core model. I don't think I want the TG16 because I don't have that model I have a TurboDuo, TurboExpress and PC Engine. I want a Core someday and a SuperGrafx. The games are all the same so tough choice. What model are you looking at picking up for those that plan to pick one up?

I'm still so mixed on these. After the ps1 & genesis I really don't feel like I have much space to keep these around when I won't really play them much atm (yeah my fault for buying multiple versions). I have some affinity for the TG16 since I remember seeing them in stores all the time and got to play one at my brother's friend. Yet I love the CoreGrafx that I still own. I kind of feel if I do ever get one I probably will lean towards the TG16.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems the pc-engine model shipped in japan over the weekend to people. Reviews are quite glowing (i'd still personally wait out for the TG16 or CoreGrapx models).

His follow up where he is a bit more positive and covers the shimmer issue more (and kind of goes on a rant for most of the video).

I have to say. The reviews on this system are changing my mind a bit. I might consider picking one up when the TG16/Core Gfx units launch later this year. There also seems to be a lot of hidden content in the system (secret games and versions).

(Sorry I know the review is in french but I like his breakdown and comparisons).

• 2 weeks later...

I hate knowing that once this releases, the price will easily drop in a few months, but I have to have it anyway. Been pre-ordered for awhile, just waiting for when they start shipping in the US. I played a few TG-16 games on the Wii VC back in the day, but I've never held an actual controller, and the library is still largely unknown to me.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:32 PM, chakoo said:

I want one but not sure I really have the space for this to sit around (also mentally still holding out that a n64 mini console will be made).

I gave up on the N64 mini. With how difficult it is to emulate, especially on a Raspberry Pi, and the challenge for Nintendo to re-manufacture those crazy controllers, I doubt it will ever happen.

With that said, I'm just making my own N64 "mini". I've been on the waiting list for the UltraHDMI for probably 6 months now, and the next production run seems to have finally gone into production. I'm using my original N64 that I still have from when I was a kid, and I'll get the Everdrive to be able to load any N64 roms that I want.

• 3 months later...

I pulled the trigger on this the other day when it seemed clear that these where getting any wider release. So I ordered the European model. I hear the us version has different games but I don’t care. I wanted the core model because I didn’t have that real version. I have a PC engine real one and the Japanese model controllers don’t have turbo switches. The us mini is not mini at all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rodimus said:

I pulled the trigger on this the other day when it seemed clear that these where getting any wider release. So I ordered the European model. I hear the us version has different games but I don’t care. I wanted the core model because I didn’t have that real version. I have a PC engine real one and the Japanese model controllers don’t have turbo switches. The us mini is not mini at all. 

Let us know what you think about it when you give it a go. I still want to eventually grab one but it's just kind of low on my buying priority atm (eyeing the mini sega arcade this xmas and possibly a Mega SG).

On 8/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, Littleronin said:

I just sit and look at that thing and wonder why they just didn't add a full size hu card port and make it a full emulation machine. 

Well that is easy cost. This is just an arm CPU in a raspberry like board playing Roms. You know your idea is good but no one would use it. Especially Konami.

I don't expect it till sometime after September 16th.

• 3 weeks later...