Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

General Gaming Twitch Bans ‘Dr. DisRespect’ After He Livestreams From an E3 Bathroom

Recommended Posts

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/twitch-allegedly-bans-dr-disrespect-after-he-livestreams-from-an-e3-bathroom-1203240351/

 

Quote

Popular video-game streamer Guy “Dr. DisRespect” Beahm has allegedly been banned — or at least suspended — from Twitch for broadcasting live inside a public bathroom at E3. Esports analyst Rod Breslau broke the news in a tweet on Tuesday.

 

Many conventions have strict anti-harassment policies, for obvious reasons. But online platforms like Twitch often make decisions like this on a case-by-case basis due to the frontier nature of the changing mixed-reality landscape.

 

“Doc’s channel got banned,” Jessica Blevins, manager (and wife) of well-known Twitch personality Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, tweeted without context. “Obviously saw that coming.”

 

California Penal Code Section 647(j)(3) prohibits the “[use of] a concealed camcorder, motion picture camera, or photographic camera of any type, to secretly videotape, film, photograph, or record by electronic means, another identifiable person who may be in a state of full or partial undress, for the purpose of viewing the body of, or the undergarments worn by, that other person, without the consent or knowledge of that other person, in the interior of a bedroom, bathroom, changing room, fitting room, dressing room, or tanning booth, or the interior of any other area in which that other person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He might be Banned from E3 as well. Maybe for life. And, TBF to the Doc, this was his first ever IRL stream, but it is just plain weird to film in a bathroom. The thing he has to worry about the most is the law that he broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Learn what lesson? He's fucking called Dr. Disrespect for crying out loud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how much money he makes twitch. If I was in charge I’d ban him for life for being a bitch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of you seen the internet? There is much much more worse stuff than this out there. I don’t see what all the fuss is about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Have any of you seen the internet? There is much much more worse stuff than this out there. I don’t see what all the fuss is about. 

He broke a law. There were kids in the bathroom. I could go on.

 

You don’t have to be contrarian on this one. “I don’t see what the big deal about a grown man playing a character video taping people in the bathroom without their consent,” is probably not the hill you wanna die on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They touched on this on the beastcast a couple weeks ago. A problem could arise if this guy broadcasts a kid in the bathroom and he’s got a restraining order or something against his father who sees him there and then he knows where to find the kid, that was the gist of it anyway among other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget, this dude is practically pushing 40 years old (he is 37), and was recording in a public restroom. Not much farther you need to go then that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streaming in public restrooms is a very bad idea. How long is the ban for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

Streaming in public restrooms is a very bad idea. How long is the ban for?

It's been lifted already :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

He broke a law. There were kids in the bathroom. I could go on.

 

You don’t have to be contrarian on this one. “I don’t see what the big deal about a grown man playing a character video taping people in the bathroom without their consent,” is probably not the hill you wanna die on. 

No. You don't get it. This is his entire shtick. It's not about defending him. This is how he gets attention and makes money. He won't give a fuck if he broke the law, people break laws all the goddamn time. If he's making that money and bringing in viewership and outrage clicks, that's good enough for him.


If people want him to "learn a lesson," they need to stop giving this kind of thing non-legal attention. But hey, far be it from us to have a day without some dumbass internet bullshit to be outraged over. Not like there's anything else going on that's more pressing. But he's the one who must learn a lesson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

No. You don't get it. This is his entire shtick. It's not about defending him. This is how he gets attention and makes money. He won't give a fuck if he broke the law, people break laws all the goddamn time. If he's making that money and bringing in viewership and outrage clicks, that's good enough for him.


If people want him to "learn a lesson," they need to stop giving this kind of thing non-legal attention. But hey, far be it from us to have a day without some dumbass internet bullshit to be outraged over. Not like there's anything else going on that's more pressing. But he's the one who must learn a lesson.

I’m not disputing any of that. Biggie was taking the stance of “there is worse stuff in the world so why even bother with this.”  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m not disputing any of that. Biggie was taking the stance of “there is worse stuff in the world so why even bother with this.”  

I mean we live in a society where if a man who thinks he is a woman can enter a woman’s restroom and urinate using his penis. So this really isn’t that big of a deal tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I mean we live in a society where if a man who thinks he is a woman can enter a woman’s restroom and urinate using his penis. So this really isn’t that big of a deal tbh. 

There you have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I mean we live in a society where if a man who thinks he is a woman can enter a woman’s restroom and urinate using his penis. So this really isn’t that big of a deal tbh. 

 

JFC, dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steamer popularity is fickle enough that if Twitch banned him, nobody would care after a couple of days and there would be no impact to Twitch’s financials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fickle enough that when the first time he exiled himself on stream and returned, he had about 380k viewers, and then coming back from this ban he had 80k concurrent views. Considering how buying subs/bits directly gives profits to Twitch and then the streamer, you'd be surprised at how much profit that nets.

 

This isn't just some no-namer streamer that goes to stream on hitbox or w/e the alternative was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...