Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Diocletian II

Nintendo Animal Crossing: New Horizons OT - Island Getaway

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

If anyone needs shooting stars, I’ve got a verifiable meteor shower tonight. I just hit 200 wishes from tonight alone. 

1526-5477-8205 

If you're cool with it, I added you. Waiting on Triage to add me since she now has one of her own! :)

9 hours ago, Rbk_3 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Picked up a Switch for this game and just got the online pass last night. 

I am very interested in visiting some islands to collect the various fruits.  I only have pare, cherry and coconut.

SW-5654-3177-7898

Code isn't working.

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Efficiently?

You get nook miles points for doing nook miles + tasks, they always give you a new one as you finish an old one.

So to play efficiently I don’t participate in a task unless the NM+ task comes up first.

NM+ task for selling a hot item, I won’t sell the item till I get the task

NM+ task for selling 5k bells worth of items, this stacks so I wait for other selling tasks like sell 10 shells, hot item, fruit or weeds.

I won’t chop wood till I get a task

I think you get the idea.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You get nook miles points for doing nook miles + tasks, they always give you a new one as you finish an old one.

So to play efficiently I don’t participate in a task unless the NM+ task comes up first.

NM+ task for selling a hot item, I won’t sell the item till I get the task

NM+ task for selling 5k bells worth of items, this stacks so I wait for other selling tasks like sell 10 shells, hot item, fruit or weeds.

I won’t chop wood till I get a task

I think you get the idea.

So you only do things for Nook Miles?  Nook Miles have been largely irrelevant for me for awhile now.  I've had 30k+ pretty much since the beginning, even going on a lot of Island Adventures.

I try to just efficiently get money the easiest way, as that is still the number one thing I need, for adding bridges, ramps, and paying off this final 2.5 million loan.

1 hour ago, Bjomesphat said:

Anyone on the West coast able to open their island? I missed turnips this morning and she's only there until noon. 

I unloaded all my bells into turnips, they’re all just sitting in the spare room now...

1 hour ago, Bjomesphat said:

Anyone on the West coast able to open their island? I missed turnips this morning and she's only there until noon. 

I didn't remember to do turnips until 12:15 PM today. I just set my time zone back an hour, bought some turnips, and then set it back to my real time zone. Looks like the turnips didn't rot or anything as a result.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, Ghost_MH said:

It's ALL underground and takes up the entirety of your island. There actually isn't an island anymore. It's all just museum roof.

Not true, I just did the first house expansion and apparently your house is also a TARDIS. :lol:

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

I unloaded all my bells into turnips, they’re all just sitting in the spare room now...

That's really awesome. How much do I owe you and what's your friend code?

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

I didn't remember to do turnips until 12:15 PM today. I just set my time zone back an hour, bought some turnips, and then set it back to my real time zone. Looks like the turnips didn't rot or anything as a result.

Yeah I thought about time traveling, but I want to stay pure with Animal Crossing. If I miss out on something, there's always next week (or next year depending on what it is :p)

19 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Yeah I thought about time traveling, but I want to stay pure with Animal Crossing. If I miss out on something, there's always next week (or next year depending on what it is :p)

I don't plan on making a habit of it, but it was pretty frustrating to miss it by 15 minutes the first week I was able to do it.

16 hours ago, Emblazon said:

If anyone needs shooting stars, I’ve got a verifiable meteor shower tonight. I just hit 200 wishes from tonight alone. 

1526-5477-8205 

holy shit. I've seen only 1 shooting star so far since starting the game!

edit: and I have logged over 110 hours :p 

5 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

So you only do things for Nook Miles?  Nook Miles have been largely irrelevant for me for awhile now.  I've had 30k+ pretty much since the beginning, even going on a lot of Island Adventures.

I try to just efficiently get money the easiest way, as that is still the number one thing I need, for adding bridges, ramps, and paying off this final 2.5 million loan.

No I don't only do things for Nook Miles. I do things in concurrence with Nook Miles.

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ah nice, my money tree finally grew up. :cool:

do the trees bloom more than once? I plant a new one every day but never noticed if its a new tree blooming or one of the older ones.

2 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

do the trees bloom more than once? I plant a new one every day but never noticed if its a new tree blooming or one of the older ones.

Just once. I chop them down after I've harvested.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's almost impossible to catch a medium sized fish they almost always turn out to be water eggs. :/

Fish bait is the only way to catch them. As far a I've seen, you always get fish with fish bait.

50 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Looks like Nintendo just released an update that lowers the egg spawn rate across the board.

Thank God Dancing GIF by TV One

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Looks like Nintendo just released an update that lowers the egg spawn rate across the board.

Now I've had two eggs disappear after falling on weeds. :lol: One I shot off a balloon, and another I shook off a tree. Has that always been a thing?

Just now, Jason said:

Now I've had two eggs disappear after falling on weeds. :lol: Has that always been a thing?

I've been deliberately popping them over water out of spite.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I dunno. I went hunting for fossils and got 4 earth eggs in a row. :|