Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

On 5/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Ghost_MH said:

Anyone up for sending me a magazine or two? I got the manga wallpaper DIY, but that monster uses up ten magazines. Trying to build a comic book shop.

My store sells it right now, you can buy as much as you can  hold. Gates are open right now. Lucky working on Garden Rock DIY 

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, EternallDarkness said:

anyone have a small sign that is customizable? you know like the simple panel but only half the size? Like a painting easel type thing?

On 5/15/2020 at 1:58 PM, EternallDarkness said:

also anyone have a treadmill?

I have both 

21 minutes ago, Triage said:

My store's Sella then right now, you can buy as much as you can't hokd. Gates are ooem right now. Lucky working on Garden Rock DIY 

I think it's been a while since I visited, but your island is still great. Your house is even nicer than before. I really need to step up on my own.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think it's been a while since I visited, but your island is still great. Your house is even nicer than before. I really need to step up on my own.

Thank you! I keep adding and changing things daily as I get things etc. Did you see the lighthouse section? Lighthouse now has incline to get to it. 

28 minutes ago, Triage said:

Thank you! I keep adding and changing things daily as I get things etc. Did you see the lighthouse section? Lighthouse now has incline to get to it. 

Gah, I missed the lighthouse. I did see how you managed to get an entirely matching kitchen set. I don't even know how.

I haven't spent too much time changing my island's layout. Maybe I should. I just carved out a section of forest near the beach to set up a hotel.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Gah, I missed the lighthouse. I did see how you managed to get an entirely matching kitchen set. I don't even know how.

I haven't spent too much time changing my island's layout. Maybe I should. I just carved out a section of forest near the beach to set up a hotel.

615 hours is how.

23 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

OK so here's what I mean, using visuals

I wanted to recreate this NASA logo (because those are all the rage these days)

Reveal hidden contents

So I put it on the site, the site dithers the image all to hell but it looks slightly more like the image but the colors are off - Also, it looks like an imported picture rather than it belongs in the game.

I use the same pixel locations as the site does and use more accurate colors

The one on the left is from the site and the one on the right is my recreation

spacer.png

As you can see if you create it in the game the image is sharper but not as accurate, and like I said the game smooths the pixels so if you want a circle it will always have spikes coming out of it. Even if you use the circle tool in the game the circles will look bad.

In the design window when it shows as pixels, it looks much cleaner

spacer.png

So that's what I mean with my issues is that the game smooths the pixels so your design looks bad, give me the crisp pixels!

You can make the same image on the left in-game. Your design is only using 4 colors from the palette. The other design is using 12 or so colors. I know the NASA design is really only using 3 colors, but with such a low res canvas, you might want to do some tricks to make it look more accurate.

You can change each individual color on your palette to be any color you want. You have full control over hue, saturation, and brightness. So if you're clever enough, you can make it look like elements are more or less opaque, you can blend things nicely, and you can use shading too. All of the images get that anti-aliasing applied, some images just make it look better than others.

31 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The kitchen set via Facebook group trading and cataloging.. Anything you want let me know you can catalog also what cnut said, lots of hours. And the kitchen island was Cnut :) 

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Budapest. You were there and left.

I thought you were disconnected but there are people still there.

I got kicked out :( lost the diy. The new one is ok. And the Atlas Moth is amazing!!

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

See I thought it was on my end but I went to the gate and other people were still around and the gate was still open.

I lost some of my progress too but the other person was unaffected. Strange 🤔

Sprinkles needs medicine 

38 minutes ago, Triage said:

The kitchen set via Facebook group trading and cataloging.. Anything you want let me know you can catalog also what cnut said, lots of hours. And the kitchen island was Cnut :) 

Well then in that case, I could really use a den desk.